Profile for J.K. > Reviews

Content by J.K.

J.K. "Addicted"

Adore me: 4 (The Keatyn Chronicles 4.5)
Adore me: 4 (The Keatyn Chronicles 4.5)
by Jillian Dodd

3.0 out of 5 stars Keatyn and the God of all Boredom, 1 Dec. 2013
Adore Me is a Novella set in between the forth book in the Keatyn Chronicles, Date Me, and the upcomming book five, Hate Me.
Keatyn is ready to leave Eastbrook and take on her nemesis, Vincent, but not before some well earned R&R in St.Croix over Thanksgiving. As expected, she doesn't go on this vacation alone, Aiden and his sister Peyton come with her, and she also gets a surprise visitor.

So. As much as I loved the first four books, I didn't much care for this Novella. It drags. And that says a lot about a book that is only 80 pages long. There is little fun, the only highlights are when Keatyn phones her sister or send bodyguard Cooper a text message. Because this book is full of Aiden, and I don't know why I never noticed it before but since this book was basically all about Keatyn and Aiden it was boring as hell. As Aiden is boring as hell. Yes, I don't like Aiden, never have and probably never will. If Aiden turn out to be K's "moon-boy" she is damned to a life full of boredom. Aiden in my mind equals no fun, no excitement, no witty dialogue. Even the more steamy scenes between K and A lacked the sexiness that she had with all her other boyfriends. That may also be because Keatyn regresses emotionally to a 13-year old, all flustered and embarrassed.

In my opinion giving this storyline that much space was a waste of my time, even the cute secondary romance didn't help much. I missed the Eastbrook-Gang, especially Dallas and Riley, who can always lighten up the moment.