Profile for B. Fry > Reviews

ETHERNET NETWORK LAN CAT5 CAT5E RJ45 RJ11 CABLE TESTER
Offered by memorycapital
Price: 3.16

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 25 Nov 2013
A simple device which, whilst only used once so far, saved me a lot of time ensuring my network cables were functioning properly.
Not the most robust item but as I said it does the job and is good value.

New Mens Famour Fur Furry Cooler Ankle Boots Slippers Size 7 8 9 10 11 12 Small Medium Large, Beige, Large 11/12
Offered by Footwear Sensation
Price: 9.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, 25 Nov 2013
These boots arrived quickly from the seller.
I took the advice of other reviewers and ordered a size larger than my normal footwear and this was just as well as there was no excess room in the 11-12 size for my size 11 feet.
My personal feeling is that they are a lightweight item, by that I mean that they are really only suitable for lounging about watching TV although they do have a durable plastic sole.
I think they are fairly priced, but I have only had them a few days, so time will tell as to their durability - but you weren't planning to go hill-walking in them were you.........

Bhowani Junction
Bhowani Junction
by John Masters
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars History, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: Bhowani Junction (Paperback)
This story give one a good idea of how the anglo-indian community, created through the British Raj in India, felt on the run up to handover of rule to the Indian nation in 1948.

To some extent the "Anglos" were looked down on by both the British and the Indians for being neither one or the other. After Partition, many came to the UK; "Home", since they had British passports. Some stayed on and by dressing like Indians were accepted.

A good read.

Hozelock Hose End Connector
Hozelock Hose End Connector
Offered by Price Attack Ltd
Price: 2.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Better the devil you know., 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: Hozelock Hose End Connector
There are plenty of other makes of hose fittings on the market, but however similar they are to Hozelock, they never seem to fit as well and often leak.

Although a little pricier, I would recommend buying the best you can afford if you don't want to get a soaking halfway through watering the lawn.

Denim by Faberge Aftershave 100ml
Denim by Faberge Aftershave 100ml
Offered by Greens Pharmacy
Price: 7.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Money attracts women, 17 Mar 2012
Glad to see Denim is still available.

I always thought that Denim smells of brand new banknotes, hence it makes me attractive to women - well the older ones anyway..............

Riverdance -- Live from Beijing [DVD]
Riverdance -- Live from Beijing [DVD]
Dvd ~ John McColgan
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____
Price: 8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 3 Feb 2012
Riverdance has been going for ages and part of its success has been its versatility.

This version from Bejing included more clips of the audience than usual and the looks on their faces showed that music and dance trancends all cultures.
(I particularly liked the shot of a tiny Chinese girl dancing in the aisle trying to copy the Irish dancing).

Also incorporating three chinese musicians and their unique instruments into the show was a brilliant idea.

Sadly, the size of the stage was on the small side, so there were a few less troupers than usual and how some of the dancers did not fall off the stage was beyond me.

I loved it,and so will you!

Verbatim 43538 16x Wide Printable DVD-R - Spindle 25 Pack
Verbatim 43538 16x Wide Printable DVD-R - Spindle 25 Pack
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 6.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at source, 7 Jan 2012
I purchased thes DVD's based on the two five star reviews published on Amazon.
However, I had read recently that the best quality DVDs are made in Japan and the ones supplied were made in India.
I would be much happier if I knew that the previously reviewers discs came from India as I have no idea of the quality I can expect from this source.
I may be worried un-necessarily but I can only award 3 points due to my concern over quality, however I will be happy to upgrade once I have had a chance to evaluate the product
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2012 8:28 AM GMT

Duragadget Hard Protective EVA Tough Carry Case for Tomtom One XL 4.3" models including ONE v2,3,4,5
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 2 Dec 2011
This case is a perfect fit for my TomTom One ver3.

The main compartment is shaped to safely hold the satnav in position with a hinged padded flap over the top to protect the screen. Then there is a pocket for a data cable and a car charger but this is not roomy enough to hold a mains charger as well however this is not an issue since that would probably stay at home anyway.

The case which has a hard shell is nicely made but is too large to fit in average glove compartments but will be fine under the seat.

Excellent value for the money.

Michael Flatley: Feet Of Flames [DVD]
Michael Flatley: Feet Of Flames [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Flatley
Price: 7.61

5.0 out of 5 stars My review - I think.........., 4 Jun 2009
An open-air version of "Lord of the Dance", The ambience of the show was so much more "alive" than the theatre version.

I would have to nitpick to find fault: the general quality was so good that it showed up a few short scenes from a badly performing camera and in my opinion the lead-in scenes to the show were a little too long.

That said, the show was exactly like Flatley said it would be; totally "In your face" and the dancer playing the Gipsy in a solo scene gave my balls a real headache. Once you start watching, you will not be able to press the Pause button, so go to the loo before you press Start..