ARRAY(0xa5387564)

Profile for David Goodwin > Reviews

Content by David Goodwin

David Goodwin (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
LG Nexus 4 E960 Wave Hydro Gel Case Cover includes High capacitive Touch screen Stylus - Red
Offered by MGT Group
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, does the job well ... I'm happy, 25 Dec 2012
The case is grippy - which makes the Nexus 4 a lot more manageable. It fits well and is as good as any other case i've seen. It's not solid/rigid, but should be sufficient to protect the corners from cracking when dropping or the back being scratched.

Mine came with a sylus and screen covers.

Samsung Galaxy SIII Smartphone (16GB, UK Sim Free Unlocked) - Marble White
Samsung Galaxy SIII Smartphone (16GB, UK Sim Free Unlocked) - Marble White
Offered by UKElectonics
Price: 224.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, 8 July 2012
I bought this for an employee to replace his iPhone 4 - he's very happy and rates it very highly . Amazon was at least 50 cheaper than anywhere else.

Our only complaint is that the shipped earphones were rubbish; but the handset itself is excellent.

Infinfity
Infinfity
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Infinfity (MP3 Download)
Great album - I have Christeen going through my head all the time now (I'm not sure whether this is good or bad).

1kg ABC Type Fire Extinguisher - BS EN3
1kg ABC Type Fire Extinguisher - BS EN3
Offered by Globe Packaging
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, 23 April 2012
It's quite a small fire extinguisher, but I think it should be fine for a small office environment.

Most impressed with the service the seller provided - when our first one arrived, I accidentally dropped it on the floor (handle first) while unpacking it and the gas all escaped (but hardly no powder). The seller sent a free replacement and refunded me for the postage cost from returning it. Very happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2013 1:29 PM BST

Accident Book 2003: BI 510 Log Book
Accident Book 2003: BI 510 Log Book
by Health and Safety Executive (HSE)

4.0 out of 5 stars Forms and paperwork, 23 April 2012
The book contains about 50 A4 sized accident reports. It seems well thought out and designed - although i'm not sure if some of the boxes contain adequate room for the necessary comment detail - as we've not had to use it yet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2012 10:09 PM BST

St John Ambulance Statutory 10-Person First Aid Kit
St John Ambulance Statutory 10-Person First Aid Kit
Price: 16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems good to me, 23 April 2012
(I'm not a doctor or at all trained, but there's lots of stuff inside the box - so as far as I'm concerned it's good)

KEEP CALM I'M A DOCTOR RED MUG - GREAT GIFT
KEEP CALM I'M A DOCTOR RED MUG - GREAT GIFT

5.0 out of 5 stars More tea please?, 11 Jan 2012
I gave this as a present to my sister. She's quite fussy, and hasn't complained yet, so I presume it doesn't leak by default.

10oz 285ml hi ball glass tumblers set of 6.
10oz 285ml hi ball glass tumblers set of 6.
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct
Price: 6.50

4.0 out of 5 stars They're glasses, 11 Jan 2012
They don't leak? My mother hasn't complained about them anyway. They arrived in a boring brown box wrapped up in bubble wrap, so weren't ideal for a present, but otherwise fine.

Ravensburger Octonauts 3 in a Box Jigsaw Puzzles
Ravensburger Octonauts 3 in a Box Jigsaw Puzzles
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Puzzled..., 11 Jan 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Amazon wants me to write a review for a puzzle... oh well.

There are three puzzles in one box; the bits get mixed up although they have a different pattern on the back. Splitting them into different bags is probably a good idea.

My near 4 year old has minimal problem(s) doing these puzzles, when they catch his attention.

Sony KDL26EX320BU 26-inch Widescreen HD Ready Edge LED Internet TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 7 Dec 2011
Pros:
* iPlayer built in
* Lovefilm etc integration (although Lovefilm don't seem to have a very good selection of stuff to stream IMHO).
* Can stream stuff from e.g. a laptop via the DNLA protocol (unfortunately it won't play stuff off a network share that I can see). There are free DNLA servers for all desktop O/Ss, so it's easy/not an issue.
* Good picture
* Hassle free replacement by Amazon after I noticed a feint green vertical bar on the display (after about 7 days of ownership).

Cons:
* Skype - you need to buy a video camera (presumably sony branded) to use this.
* There appear to only be two widgets (Facebook + Twitter) ... so it's not really an app store killer,
* Remote isn't particularly good at seeking through remote content.

The user interface is intuitive enough (although I cannot see any additional widgets to install aside from the facebook/twitter ones which ship with it).

The picture quality is good and to a non-audiophile the sound quality is equally fine.

I've not yet tried hooking up a hard disk / storage to the TV, and haven't yet used digital TV on it... so can't comment on these.

Page: 1 | 2