Profile for R. Murphy > Reviews

The Sum Of All Fears - Special Collector's Edition [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Ben Affleck
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a four disc box set!, 28 Jan 2013
Amazon's review of this item says "This four-disc box set contains The Hunt for Red October (starring Alec Baldwin as Jack Ryan), Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger (both starring Harrison Ford) and The Sum of All Fears (starring Ben Affleck)". Well folks this is NOT a four disc box set but a single disc of the Sum Of All Fears.

Had I looked more closely I would have seen that the Product Details does list only 1 disc. By hey ho for £3 I'll keep it anyway because this is an enjoyable film.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2013 10:20 PM GMT

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World [DVD]
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Cera
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky but great fun, 9 Jan 2013
I think this is one of those 'love it or hate it' movies and I love it! Very quirky, our main character Scott Pilgrim is an unlikely superhero, but hey, in the real world, we can't all be Kick-Ass! Five stars from me.

Silva Map Measurer Mechanical
Silva Map Measurer Mechanical

2.0 out of 5 stars Awkward to use, 9 Jan 2013
Interesting device which to be honest I found difficult to use and read. I bought mine after seeing one and though it would be quick, convenient and easy. It isn't any of these things. For measuring route distances, I use Ordnance Survey's on-line map planning tool now which really is quick, convenient and easy, but requires access to a computer of course, something that's not possible when actually walking. So plan ahead and save your money!

Magic Tree MTO0006 Bubble Berry Air Freshener
Magic Tree MTO0006 Bubble Berry Air Freshener

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smell, 9 Jan 2013
Smelling strangely but wonderfully of bubble gum, this attractive air freshener makes an ideal stocking filler or small gift for any girl's car.

The Lathe Of Heaven (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
The Lathe Of Heaven (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
by Ursula K. Le Guin

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and enjoyable, 9 Jan 2013
I just wanted to add my 5-stars for this interesting and enjoyable book. Odd at times yet totally engrossing, I'm so glad I read it!

The Lone Gunmen: The Complete Series [DVD] [2001]
The Lone Gunmen: The Complete Series [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Dean Haglund

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky but great fun, 9 Jan 2013
A great box-set of the 13 episodes of the Lone Gunmen, an amusing X-Files spin-off featuring the quirky and dysfunctional characters of Langly, Frohike and Byers, plus sidekicks (Jimmy, an irritating (in my opinion) idiot and Yves who often saves the day). I really enjoyed every episode, apart from the last one where it became clear there could never be a Series 2! They'd sort of run out of ideas by then anyway, truth be told. I got mine for less than £20 which I'd say is good (but not great) value.

Brother HL-2250DN Compact Network Mono Laser Printer with Auto Duplex
Brother HL-2250DN Compact Network Mono Laser Printer with Auto Duplex
Offered by sotel-germany

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fast monochrome printer, 9 Jan 2013
This printer is fast and compact. And the Duplex is just great! Network connected and easy to install drivers on Windows 7. I wish it held a bit more paper in the tray. And it seems to signal "low toner" quite early on, but on the other hand, that gives you plenty of time to order in a spare toner before running out. Slightly noisy when printing, but totally silent in stand-by mode. I'm really pleased with this purchase!

Tatonka Flight Case Carry On Travel Rucksack Black
Tatonka Flight Case Carry On Travel Rucksack Black

2.0 out of 5 stars On reflection, not that great, 9 Jan 2013
Yes it's lightweight and yes it's convenient to carry as a bag or rucksack. But it doesn't have any structure to hold its shape, so unless packed full it's just too squishy so I wouldn't trust it to hold a laptop or iPad etc for fear of crushing. The rucksack straps just seem to get in the way when not being used. On reflection this is just not the product for me and I'll stick with my wheeled trolley-case Samsonite cabin bag. Poor purchase for me as I've packed it up ready to go more than once, then changed my mind and used the trolley case instead. Therefore never used even once.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2014 7:04 PM GMT

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 32GB USB Flash Drive - Purple
Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 32GB USB Flash Drive - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the fastest, 9 Jan 2013
This is not the fastest USB drive you'll ever own but a usefully large 32GB capacity and convenient form-factor, plus bargain price, makes these Kingston 101 drives indispensable for exchanging photos, videos and music files with friends and colleagues. And if it does happen to get lost, at this price, who cares? It's possible to attach a lanyard which I find very useful.

LINDY Computer Technician Precision Screwdriver Set
LINDY Computer Technician Precision Screwdriver Set
Offered by RMXdirect-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential toolbox item, 9 Jan 2013
Set of three cross-head (Philips) and three flatblade screwdrivers presented in a neat and convenient carry case. Essential tools for servicing small electrical items (such as laptops) or even repairing your glasses. An absolute bargain. Possibly the best £3 I ever spent!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19