Profile for M. bayley > Reviews

Content by M. bayley

M. bayley (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Mundial Gourmet 6" Curved Flexible Boning Knife (Black Handle)
Mundial Gourmet 6" Curved Flexible Boning Knife (Black Handle)
Offered by Zeva Mundial Knives, Scissors & Manicure
Price: 5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is best imho. I am not in the food trade, 18 July 2014
I have all three curved knives in this series. This one is best imho. I am not in the food trade, and even if I was to ask , I would get loads of different answers. so I needed to find out myself which one suited me.
It is a lovely knife to use, I use it to quarter a chicken, cut a lemon, cut cheese.or whatever . Its on my magnetic holder, alongside other cheap knives.... that get to that holder... because they do the job.
So I hope I save someone the dilemma of ...choice...
I found flex is best. lovely thin blade, very sharp ,...and if the going does gets tough.. ... what are cleavers are for.? :-)
I enjoy using this knife, and it did not cost the earth.
It is all very personal, but for me....this one worked.

Kitchen Craft 27 cm Cast Iron Black Steel Baking Stone
Kitchen Craft 27 cm Cast Iron Black Steel Baking Stone
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars essential for, 11 Mar 2014
pizzas...well I say that..(ideally I would like a clay oven)... ..When its really hot, I then put a thin tray with pizza on it, does the base of pizza nicely.
I also use it for yorkie puds, same principle, bang stone in oven, and put tray on stone with your chosen fat. When its spittin' , bang in the mix. Once again the base is nice an crispy. mmmmmmmmm. mmmmmmmmm. ...to paraphrase Oliver Hardy.

This is an essential bit of gear. In my opinion. I love gear. lol.

South the story of Shackleton's 1914-1917 expedition
South the story of Shackleton's 1914-1917 expedition
by Ernest Henry Shackleton
Price: 5.55

5.0 out of 5 stars IF...you ever need an, 11 Mar 2014
excuse , never to go to the Antartic, here it is.

Not illustrated well, I went onto Wiki, to see what the hell they were up to.... unbelievable.

A good read. Nearly as good as "The History of Glue" I couldn't put it down. ..

Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
by Elizabeth West

5.0 out of 5 stars tricky one, this., 11 Mar 2014
I read this back in the 80's. loved it.

I read it , 30 years later, and it did not hit the sweet spot..because I have changed, along with the World. A bit like going back to a place from your childhood....everything is smaller. Would/could I have put up with those living conditions in the 1970/80's..the answer is yes, funnily enough. You need to be of a certain age, to hook up to the zeitgeist of the era.

to paraphrase Frank Sinatra, Thats Life.

Kitchen Craft Spreader Knife
Kitchen Craft Spreader Knife
Offered by This'n' That
Price: 2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars more gear....you know.., 11 Mar 2014
you might ...want it. ?
Lets put it this way, you can load it up ,and do a load of slices. It is not an essential piece of kit. But we live in a consumer society, and I am doing my bit.

Morphy 46640 Pressure Cooker, 2.7 Litre
Morphy 46640 Pressure Cooker, 2.7 Litre
Price: 32.16

5.0 out of 5 stars speed., 11 Mar 2014
I use it quite often to knock up a vegetable stock, 20 mins. I also do chicken stock in an hour. I have recently got a cook book for px cookers, and am going to try the lamb shanks and shin of beef. It is a solid piece of equipment. And I like it.

Double Reach Corkscrew - Removes corks with ease.
Double Reach Corkscrew - Removes corks with ease.
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct
Price: 2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars essential bit of kit if you ....., 11 Mar 2014
drink. I had a similiar one, but it only had a one reach mechanism. This has two, and works a treat.
It is well built. My only worry is, that it could become a museum piece, with a lot of bottles now screw caps.
But I am hoping my salary will go up, to such an extent that , I can keep on using it .

Stainless Steel Cutlery Set with Ring and Pouch Camping Fishing
Stainless Steel Cutlery Set with Ring and Pouch Camping Fishing
Offered by Planet Trooper
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars knife fork and spoon. Sir!, 11 Mar 2014
essential kit for blokes. lol. Very sturdy, knife excellent, all irons ,just the right size. And a very nice pouch as well.
At a price, that my bank manager likes..

Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Multi-Tool
Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Multi-Tool
Offered by Best For Best
Price: 13.98

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 month wonder., 4 Nov 2013
purchased July 13 . Broken Nov 13. The pliers function has gone west. Limp as a wet lettuce.
Not a problem , life goes on, did not cost much. but guess what... my next purchase is not going to be a Gerber.
Might be ok just to keep in your back pocket for a few uses, but everyday use..epic fail.

Victorinox Trailmaster Pocket Tool
Victorinox Trailmaster Pocket Tool
Price: 30.36

5.0 out of 5 stars oh, yes., 4 Sep 2013
lovely contruction. feels right. Get one.

The other reviewers have done their bit... I cannot add to their plaudits.

I notice the Victorinox Swiss Soldiers Knife, is slightly more expensive, but does not have tweezer or toothpick? Ah well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8