Profile for Grey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone
Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant sound, 14 Jan. 2014
I had been looking to get a quality sound without breaking the bank.
Everytime I use these I get a lovely surprise at the sound quality which makes them a joy to use.
I do find that after several hours they do get a little tiring to wear but for the sound and price it worth it.

The Jewel Garden: A Story of Despair and Redemption
The Jewel Garden: A Story of Despair and Redemption
by Monty Don

4.0 out of 5 stars Monty Don, 14 Jan. 2014
I like reading about real people, especially those that I admire.
Its interesting too see what a hard struggle it has been for Monty and his family.
I found the way its been written a little hard at times as its done in the 'voice' of Monty and his wife which as times confused me as to whom I was reading about.. but that is a minor quibble.
I thought that the way Monty describes is on going battle with depression as very interesting and helpful.

Veho VSS-002w Mimi Qube 2.4 GHz WiFi Speaker System Including Transmitting Dongle

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for portable sound., 14 Jan. 2014
I brought this so that I could use it upstairs or in the kitchen etc.
The only thing I will say to be aware of that of course the sound quality will be less than large speakers due to size, so dont expect great stero sound. But for ease of use its just what I wanted. I will probably purchase a second one to balance the sound when using as a static position.

The Dalai Lama's Cat
The Dalai Lama's Cat
by David Michie

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Lover, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Dalai Lama's Cat (Paperback)
This is the second time I have brought this book. Second one as a gift. I love the way it teaches us the ways of thinking in an amusing way through the cats thought. Those who 'love' cats will understand what I mean. It will be a book that I can read again and again.

Nikwax - Tech Wash/TX Direct Wash-In Twin x 1 Lt
Nikwax - Tech Wash/TX Direct Wash-In Twin x 1 Lt
Offered by ceskw

5.0 out of 5 stars Tech wash, 14 Jan. 2014
Just does as it says. No fuss great item.
You always wonder if its worth the cost and I think it is.

Helly Hansen Men's Seven J Jacket - Black, X-Large
Helly Hansen Men's Seven J Jacket - Black, X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Rain Jacket, 14 Jan. 2014
Brought as a Xmas gift.
Not tried in rain as yet but hopeful that quality will be apparant.
A little disppointed in size. brought as X-large but seems like a Large. Having not purchased a 'Helly Hansen' product before I will know that in future to go one size up.
Other than that very happy with item and service.

Healing Bamboo Seat Mat Black
Healing Bamboo Seat Mat Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought it would be a mat size rather than seat size., 7 Oct. 2013
Couldn't have looked at the size details properly. Thought it was going to be larger that a cushion size!
Used it everyday not sure if its helping or not. So can not recomend one or another.

Smart Games IQ Twist Brainteaser Game
Smart Games IQ Twist Brainteaser Game
Offered by Fun Learning

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to making ther mind more active, 7 Oct. 2013
Got for possible rainy holiday. Only done the first few tasks so far but enjoing the challange.
Would recommend for any age wanting to excerise the old 'brain'.

Swing Low
Swing Low
by Miriam Toews

4.0 out of 5 stars I would say quite a good insight on how depression can be, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Swing Low (Paperback)
I found it quite difficult to read for long periods of time as it seems quite broken in flow. But that is also what is so clever as that relates to how difficult mental states of mind can be. So I am enjoying relating to the struggle even if its only in small sessions.
I would say its worth reading to get a taste of what someone struggling with day to day living may be going thru. We all have to come up with coping methods in some form or another.

Lakota Woman
Lakota Woman
by Mary Crow Dog

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to actually understaning a little on how it may have been like, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lakota Woman (Paperback)
I have read several books on the Native American History as I really enjoy the understanding they show for the earth and all living things. This was more as it really made me feel a little as to how much suffering we have caused to the natural balance not only of a gentle people but a way of life destroyed without any consideration. The best book I have read so far on this subject.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3