Profile for Andy M > Reviews

Content by Andy M

Andy M (Chelmsford)

Gioteck SC1 Wireless Control Pad (PS3)
Gioteck SC1 Wireless Control Pad (PS3)
Offered by Gamer's Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb in every way, 4 Jun 2014
I've had this controller for a couple of months now and I couldn't be any more impressed with it. I've been an Xbox gamer for around 5 years and I recently purchased a PS3 and I could not get used to the PS3 standard controller.

The position of the thumbsticks on the Gioteck are in exactly the same location as the 360 pad and feel completely natural rather than the rather awkwardly positioned PS3 sticks. The buttons feel great and the triggers are perfectly positioned. Some reviews on here make reference to a dead zone but I have not experienced this at all. I've been playing GT6 and other race games and not once have I felt that the stick has hit a dead zone. The weight and feel of the controller is superb. It really is the best controller I’ve used and that includes the official 360 controllers which actually feel really heavy now in comparison due to the weighty plug and play battery packs.

I will also add that whoever created the battery for this controller should go and work for a major mobile phone company as the battery life is AMAZING!! I think I’ve only had to charged it up twice since I’ve had it and believe me I’ve had some lengthy gaming sessions.

If I had to find any faults then I would say that its a shame that it doesn't turn on the PS3 when you turn on the controller. Not sure why but at least I get some exercise going over the console to turn it on before a session. You can turn off the PS3 via the controller though so you only have to move once per gaming session.

Another very minor criticism would be the length of the charging cable, its only about 1M long. The good news is that you can use any other micro B USB lead which you get pick up for about £1 anyways.

Highly recommended and if they decide to make one for the PS4 then that might just sway me away from getting the Xbone.

Aufheben
Aufheben

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to form, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Aufheben (Audio CD)
Like the other reviews here, I am so pleased that BJM have finally made an album that reflects their earlier work. I'm a massive fan and I never tire of the Massacre's back catalogue but the last couple of albums have been a bit of a mess. I think that it shows that the last few times that I saw them live, they didn't play any tracks from Sgt Peppers or Bloody Underground. However, from what I have seen of the most recent shows on Utube, they have played some tracks from this new album and they go down very well live and fit in nicely with their earlier music.

Aufheben has a modern sound to it with almost a dance groove created by guitars, bass and drums and you cannot help but tap your foot and really get into the music. Anton's vocals are hidden away on most of the tracks but it works so well and I feel that this is the album that he's been trying to make since 2008's Strung Out in Heaven. There's a mix of Latino and also the standard kind of Indian flavour to some of the tracks with Anton digging out the sitar and any other instruments that come to hand. I know from Dig that there has always been a rivalry between BJM & the Dandy Warhols but this album I feel has brought them back into line as it does have quite a similar feel to the last couple of Dandy's albums although I've always felt that Anton had the better band.

I've been playing it at home non stop and it also sounds fantastic in the car, again the beat is just so infectious! This probably isn't the best place to start if you are new to BJM, I would recommend the Tepid Peppermint album as a good introduction but buy this one as well as it is different style and hopefully this is now the direction that BJM are heading towards.

9/10, best album of the year so far.

Sony RDR-VX450 - DVD Recorder & VCR Recorder Combi
Sony RDR-VX450 - DVD Recorder & VCR Recorder Combi

1.0 out of 5 stars Problematic, 3 April 2008
I've had this for a few months and the main problem is that it is very temperamental about which discs you can use. I've tried about three different makes of Double Layer discs and i'm never that confident with the recordings. I've been through several +R's and RW's and finally after having some problems with Sonys own make discs, i'm now making arrangements to have Sony look at and hopefully repair the machine. I've seen plenty of negative feedback about this machine so i'm wondering if there is a general flaw with the machine and if repairs will actually make a difference?

Ideally, i'd like a refund and go for a more recent model with a hardrive as to be honest i haven't used the VCR function as the quality is so inferior to DVD's.

When the DVD recorder actually works, the picture is fantastic and the machine has some great features. However i cannot recommend this machine due to its faults.

Dubai
Dubai

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharam Rocks, 31 Aug 2007
This review is from: Dubai (Audio CD)
I don't normally write reviews on Amazon but after reading the top comment i felt that i needed to put the record straight. I'm a massive Deep Dish Fan and seeing as they haven't released a comp CD since Toronto, i was pretty excited when i learnt that Sharam and Dubfire were releasing seperate CD's. However, having bought both, i fell in love with Sharam CD but promptly return Dubfire to where it came!

CD1 is clearly the best with some truly memorable tracks. It's probably a tad more commercial than previous Deep Dish releases but not in a Ministry sort of way only that you probably wouldn't hear many of these tracks in a Deep House style club.

The second disc doesn't have quite so many stand out tracks but still ranks as 9.5/10 compared to many other efforts and comes closer to capturing the true sound of deep house on a comp CD.

If you would like to be able to put a dance CD on that's smooth without the need to forward any tracks (with the exception of the 1st track of CD2, what was he thinking???) and slowly bring the tempo of the music up as well as some stand out tracks that really will get your friends asking what CD you're playing, click purchase, wait a few days and enjoy.