Profile for Mr. D. R. Underwood > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. R. Unde...

Mr. D. R. Underwood "danakajoel" (Salisbury, Wiltshire)

Worx WG268E 40V 56cm Max Li-ion Hedge Trimmer
Worx WG268E 40V 56cm Max Li-ion Hedge Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away, 17 July 2016
Blown away by how good this is. I find it light enough that at times I try to use it with one hand. Unfortunately you can't because it has a double safety switch meaning you need to have two hands squeezing two triggers at all times, otherwise it cuts off. Battery seems to last for as long as I need.

I came from a combo petrol strimmer / hedge cutter so having something much lighter and nimble is great.

Bought in amazon prime day and glad I did!

Revellutions Revell Control Redroar Buggy Model Kit
Revellutions Revell Control Redroar Buggy Model Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Great whilst it worked, 17 May 2016
Great whilst it worked. However, after a couple of months it failed and now remains on full throttle all of the time. Unfortunately I appear to be out of the Amazon return window having had it for 3 months! I'll try with Revell directly but it's a pain!

Camden Gear Backpack for School - Laptop - Hiking Rucksack for Men & Women, Water Resistant Bag, Best with Multiple Compartments, Red/Grey
Offered by QA Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 19 Aug. 2015
The backpack is great and excellent value so I am very pleased.

Magellan eXplorist 610 2011 Waterproof Handheld Hiking GPS
Magellan eXplorist 610 2011 Waterproof Handheld Hiking GPS

5.0 out of 5 stars So far to good - OS 1:50000 GB Maps Included, 27 April 2013
Arrived today and to my surprise, the device came with a sticker on the front saying it came with full 1:50K GB Mapping Included. I've looked around and this seems to sell for £150 alone on Magellan's website. I hadn't expected this and so am very pleased.

I'll add more to the review once I've had a chance to use it properly but first impressions are it's a fantastic upgrade from my previous Garmin Legend HCx.

In Win BUC666 Midi Tower Mesh Gaming Case - Black
In Win BUC666 Midi Tower Mesh Gaming Case - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case, 31 Jan. 2013
I can only write this as someone who's upgraded from a standard case to a Gaming Case for the first time. However, I must say I have been thoroughly impressed. It has 3 large 12 cm fans that are nice and quiet and for me there's plenty of room inside able to accommodate up to 11 inch graphics cards and a large CPU cooler. The PSU is bottom mounted and there is plenty of cable management holes to use.

I really like the hard drive caddies which I found really easy to use. I read some reviews that they were difficult to get out and in but that wasn't my experience with 3 different SATA 3.5 inch drives. They were super easy!!! Note that you can only have one older style IDE hard drive due to the design of the caddies.

The build quality is really nice and the case seems to run nice and cool. The only minor points are:
- once you remove a metal plate to fit a PCI-Express or PCI card, you can't put them back in so if you ever remove a card and don't fit the slot you're left with a hole at the back of the case, However, as a plus, the PCI cards are fitted with a quick release plastic latch which I found works really well holding my cards firmly in place;
- The eSata motherboard connector is a right angle type which I don't get why??? It makes it slightly harder to fit to the motherboard sata ports, why not just go for a standard straight connector?

In summary, I am very glad I bought this case which I am sure will last me a long time.

ASRock A75 PRO4-M Motherboard
ASRock A75 PRO4-M Motherboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mobo at a great price, 17 April 2012
When looking for a mATX motherboard for my HTPC, I wasn't looking for the world. Simply a decent motherboard that didn't cost too much. I was thrilled to find Amazon selling the A75 Pro4-M for a very reasonable price. This is the top range mATX socket FM1 mobo that ASRock sell. It has plenty of features including SATA III and USB 3.0. In addition, this board supports ATI Quad / CrossFireX due to having 2 x PCIe x 16 ports. I haven't tried overclocking yet but will edit my review in due course to report results. There are plenty of overclocking options in the BIOS. Considering the lower spec ASRock A75M overclocks well according to Tom's Hardware, I am confident that I will not have any issues: [...]

I have paired this with the A8-3870k, a SSD Drive and 4gb Ram and have been blown away by the performance. I installed F1 2010 and ran on medium settings at 1080p. It played a flawlessly with no slow down whatsoever. I am confident I could increase the settings to high with no problems. Especially since it is possible to overclock the GPU on the processor through the BIOS to 800hz (600hz standard) on stock cooling.

In the box there was a manual, 2 x Sata connectors, 1 or which has a 90 degree connector, a driver CD and a backplate for the ports. It's a fairly limited mobo bundle but had all I need.

Overall, I thoroughly recommend this mobo and given that it's cheaper than most other A75 mobo's around and is ASRocks premium socket FM1 mobo, it seems a no brainer.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The insoles let them down!, 12 Jun. 2011
These boots are great out of the box except for one thing. The insoles they come with are thin and next to useless. I found after >10 mile walks I was getting blisters/sores on my feet in places I had never been affected by blisters before. I stuck it out for 3 separate 20 mile walks hoping my feet would toughen up in the necessary places but problems persisted.

I decided to buy some insoles (I went for Sorbothane Double Strike but any will work) and these transformed the boot and instantly the problems I was having ceased.

In summary, a fantastic boot that I envisage lasting years but the insoles they come with are awful. I am rating 4 star as for the expensive price, the insoles should be up to scratch.

ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 - 150 Watt Multicompatible Low Noise CPU Cooler for AMD and Intel Sockets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fan, 12 Jan. 2011
I have an Intel q6600 and I have to say, I found this much much much easier to install than the stock heatsink which came with the CPU.

Be sure to install the heatsink the right way round. I didn't do this initially and it resulted in temps 10 degrees higher. Air enters the fan, goes through the heatsink and out the back. I had the fan facing my rear exhaust fan so what I'm say is make sure the fan faces the ram.

A great product, very pleased.

Edimax EW-7728In 802.11n PCI WiFi Card
Edimax EW-7728In 802.11n PCI WiFi Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor signal, 14 April 2010
I bought this card through Amazon and was utterly disappointed with it. I installed on a Windows 7 machine and suffered a repeated loss of connection and at best only ever 2 (out of 5) bars signal. My partners laptop would get 4 (out of 5) bars signal in the same room. I updated the drivers with the Edimax drivers and then tried the RALINK drivers, both of which didn't fix.

In the end I returned the product. On discussion with the supplier, it turns out that they have had many returns of this product and that Edimax will be issuing a recall. I would not recommend this to anyone. Luckily the supplier accepted there was an issue and refunded quickly.

Love Never Dies [2 CD]
Love Never Dies [2 CD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Review after seeing show on the 27th Feb, 28 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Love Never Dies [2 CD] (Audio CD)
I bought my partner tickets to see the show on the 27th Saturday. Firstly, let me say, I had huge expectations having seen the Phantom a number of times (my partners mother used to play Madamn Giry) and this show certainly lived up to them. It has to be said, the music isn't as hard hitting/intense as Phantom but it is truly excellent in it's own unique way. I would personally say Phantom and Love Nevers Dies cannot be compared, they are each very different.

I think it is good that this show does not need to hold onto the coat tails of Phantom which would have been the safe option. For those that haven't seen it, book tickets, you won't be disappointed.