Profile for Gainsie > Reviews

Dreams 'n' Drapes Oriental Patchwork Spice Single Quilt Set
Dreams 'n' Drapes Oriental Patchwork Spice Single Quilt Set
Price: 13.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colours, 12 May 2014
Delighted with this duvet cover set. Having repainted my daughter's room, the colours in the set gave the room a warmth to it
Great seller, arrived quicker than expected and was very well priced in comparison to other sellers

Cross Stitch: (Outlander 1)
Cross Stitch: (Outlander 1)
Price: 4.31

4.0 out of 5 stars a thoroughly enjoyable read, 9 Jan 2014
Bought this book as it was recommended to me by a friend. I really enjoyed reading it before falling asleep each night. However, having read these sort of travel back in time novels before (I am a huge Barbara Erskine fan)I came to the conclusion that whilst I too fell in love with the Jamie Fraser character, the book didn't fill me with the same hunger to read it, compared to "Lady of Hay" which I devoured some 25 years ago. Maybe it's because I'm older. Gabaldon is an easier writer to read. Her descriptions of sights and sounds are more succinct than Erskine's. I have downloaded the next book as I want to go on the next adventure with Claire and Jamie so I'd definitely recommend this book and the author.

Gangsta Granny
Gangsta Granny
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun book, touching and sensitive at times, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Gangsta Granny (Kindle Edition)
Bought this for my son on kindle and he has chuckled his way through it. I read it too after I finished my book and I can see why it appeals to kids with its crude jokes and smut but it has gentle, touching moments too. These David Walliams books are an enjoyable read for all ages of kids.I would recommend them for the holidays as once you read one you want to read another

Royal Genware Classic Plates 23cm - Pack of 6 | 9inch Dinner Plates, Porcelian Plates, White Plates | Commercial Quality Tableware for Domestic and Catering Use
Offered by Noble Express Catering Supplies
Price: 18.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely small dinner plates, 10 April 2013
Bought these as I felt my husband and I were eating too large portions. These are great as you automatically reduce the amount of food you put on the plate. Why buy a fancy diet plate when you can just use a smaller dinner plate. These are great quality and well worth the small amount of money paid. Recommended.

Cautionary Verses (Red Fox Poetry Books)
Cautionary Verses (Red Fox Poetry Books)
by Hilaire Belloc
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny with serious undertones, 15 Mar 2012
Had this book as a child and my copy is falling apart. This poetry book is hilarious but there are important lessons for children to learn such as the consequences from telling lies. I recommend this to read with your children but the language used will need to be explained to younger children.

RipStik Ripster Compact Caster Board - Red
RipStik Ripster Compact Caster Board - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Best price for compact ripstick, 29 Oct 2011
Searched for the best price for the compact ripstik and found it here. Fab item which has given my daughter hours of fun and exercise. Recommended seller. Fast delivery too.

BaByliss 2775U 50 mm Big Hair Rotating Styler
BaByliss 2775U 50 mm Big Hair Rotating Styler
Offered by ALL MAX SHOPPING
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hair styler - So easy to use. Love it!, 21 Jan 2011
Bough this to try and give my fine, damaged hair some volume. What I have discovered is that it takes ages to dry the hair but styles brilliantly with the rotating brush and leaves the hair with a great shine to it. To be quicker in the mornings, I blast my hair so it's not wet and finish off with the styler. It is so easy to use. I didn't even have to partiton my hair, I just picked different areas to style. It works great curling hair under and out. I'd recommend this to anyone with similar hair. Mine is mid length and at the inbetween stage of growing it long. This has improved the volume no end and without the need of numerous styling products though you will need some hairspray to hold the style.

Mickey Saves Santa & Other Mouseketales [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Mickey Saves Santa & Other Mouseketales [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Tony Anselmo
Offered by helvic55uk
Price: 7.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Mickey Mouse - Does he still have it?, 21 Feb 2007
This dvd arrived today and after watching it once with the kids, I felt mildly disappointed that it wasn't as good as "Once/twice upon a Christmas", but that was just me! The kids loved it. They are 4 and 2. By the time it had finished the second time they knew the words to the songs and were attempting to do the "hot dog" dance. It is quite interactive encouraging children to count along with Mickey. There are a few tales intertwined together. It is great animation though I couldn't work out if it was CGI animation like "twice upon..." All in all a good dvd.