Profile for Mrs Miggins > Reviews

Content by Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins (Cumbria, UK)

Mary Wesley's Harnessing Peacocks [1992] [DVD]
Mary Wesley's Harnessing Peacocks [1992] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Mills

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 2 Sept. 2007
I loved Mary Wesley's book but this film is truly appalling.
The acting is absolutely dreadful; it's hammy, over acted and completely fails to capture the charm of the book.
The previous reviewer says it's out of sync after 1 hour and 15 mins. I gave up on it long before that!

The Lake House [DVD] [2006]
The Lake House [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Hang on in...it's worth it, 4 Nov. 2006
This review is from: The Lake House [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
It seemed to take quite a while to get going and the plot was a bit confusing in places and yes I agree with the other reviewers that it is far-fetched but for all that it is worth sticking with.

The Lake House doesn't try to be any more than a romantic feelgood movie and as such it succeeds really well. There was a quiet chemistry between the Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves characters, I did care about them and wanted everything to work out well for them. It's a good fantasy movie with stunning photography and likeable characters. Definately worth sticking with but you do need to concentrate - fall asleep and you've had it!

Tefal Jamie Oliver Professional Series Clipso Pressure Cooker, Stainless Steel, 6 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful - pleased I bought one..., 20 Oct. 2006
I'm new to cooking with a pressure cooker and deliberated for ages before buying this one but I'm glad I took the plunge and love it. The recipes I have tried so far from the accompanying cookbook have been really good but there are only a few and I would have liked more recipes with the cooker.

The instructions are a bit confusing...or maybe that's just me... easily confused! If you sit down and read them carefully you will get there in the end and it's well worth the trouble, I'm delighted with it.

Fourplay [DVD]
Fourplay [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Good film for sleeping through, 18 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Fourplay [DVD] (DVD)
I'm in full agreement with the previous reviewers. This was a boring film with no plot, weak humour and characters that you really couldn't believe in or care about. However on a more positive note I did catch up on some sleep and despite missing the end of the film I didn't bother to rewind it.

Middlemarch [DVD] [1994]
Middlemarch [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Anthony Page
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Relax and enjoy, 27 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Middlemarch [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
I'm a big fan of Andrew Davies and a lover of period drama so this was pure bliss! I sat down with a glass (actually a bottle!) of wine and totally immersed myself in the town of Middlemarch and all it's characters. The acting is superb and visually it's a stunning production.

I am a 'mature' lady but not too old to appreciate the gorgeous Rufus Sewell as Will Ladislaw - very easy on the eye!

Recommended for all period drama fans but don't forget the bottle of wine!