Profile for Hannah > Reviews

The Moonstone
The Moonstone
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 29 April 2014
This review is from: The Moonstone (Kindle Edition)
A really interesting novel! I think we're spoiled a little nowadays as detective novels are so fast paced and often a lot more action packed. It was nice to take a slower pace and read this master of the early detective fiction genre. Definitely recommended reading!

Soulless: The Girl in the Box #3
Soulless: The Girl in the Box #3
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A good series, 29 April 2014
A great addition to an already good series. Looking forwards to the next one and eager to see how the characters continue to progress.

Confessions of a Police Constable (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a Police Constable (The Confessions Series)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 29 April 2014
A really interesting novel, I enjoyed it very much. it's nice to see a cop-turned-writer, and to hear the real word on the street. A great read.

Confessions of an Undercover Cop (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of an Undercover Cop (The Confessions Series)
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great insight, 29 April 2014
A funny and enjoyable insight into the life of a cop, although not so much a modern one as it seems much has changed. Not for the faint of heart, this book contains some pretty disturbing practices, but I enjoyed reading it.

Secrets and Lies Duo: Aftermath, and Redemption (Secrets and Lies Trilogy Book 4)
Price: 3.12

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted more, 29 April 2014
I wanted more about the tsunami, but if you're looking for a real reflection of it, you're not going to find it here. A very average series, bot really for me.

Oriel's Diary: An Archangel's Account of the Life of Jesus
Oriel's Diary: An Archangel's Account of the Life of Jesus

5.0 out of 5 stars A challenge, 29 April 2014
It's hard to write about Jesus' life, I think, because we know so much about it and at the same time, we don't know anything. A very sensitively written novel, with the wonderful Oriel and friends. I especially liked the portrayal of the crucifixion: a powerful scene.

Skin
Skin
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars It was alright, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Skin (Kindle Edition)
It was an interesting read, although I can't say I liked the protagonist all that much. She was very selfish and shallow, and a bit 2d, as where most of the characters in this book. However, the story was interesting and believable.

Oriel's Travels: An Archangel's Travels with St Paul
Oriel's Travels: An Archangel's Travels with St Paul
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in the series, 29 April 2014
As far as I'm concerned, this is the best novel in the Oriel series. I love Paul, I find him fascinating, and this book only acted to increase that fascination. It was nice to see Oriel grow in his understanding of humans, to the extent where he risked his own life to save Paul's. An emotional tale of two friends, one of whom doesn't even know the extent of the friendship. Highly recommended.

Oriel in the Desert (Oriel Books)
Oriel in the Desert (Oriel Books)
Price: 9.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series ever, 29 April 2014
I LOVE this series of books. Chronologically, this was the first, but it was also the last written, so you can read it in whatever order you like. I love Oriel and Maff, I love the characters, I love the story and I love the way it's all so real and human. A wonderful addition to the bookcase.

Thirty-One and a Half Regrets (Rose Gardner Mystery Book 4)
Thirty-One and a Half Regrets (Rose Gardner Mystery Book 4)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars WHERE'S THE NEXT ONE, 29 April 2014
I'm lucky I had 4 books to work with, but I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for June 2014 for the next addition to this wonderful series. It's such a lovely tale, and I feel so close to all the characters. I have really enjoyed this series so far, and this was no exception. I don't know how Swank does it, but all of her story lines are so different and unique that even I, who read everything and can normally tell you the ending from the first page, sometimes find it difficult to tell what's going to happen next. It was nice to see Rose develop a little more, apart from Joe, and I'm excited to see what happens next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20