Profile for S. Dickenson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Clean-n-Tidy Adult Everyday Cat Litter, 15 Kg
Clean-n-Tidy Adult Everyday Cat Litter, 15 Kg
Offered by The Ark Pet Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars A good litter for masking odour and clumping action but also some disadvantages., 12 Jan. 2015
This cat litter is of very fine, grey granules and quite weighty. I find that if you attempt to pour it straight out the large bag into the tray it forms a very big cloud of dust! It's best to scoop it out gently.

Compared to the previous brand of litter I used, this one really does help mask the offensive smell of cat poo. Before that, I could barely attend to their 'waste' without feeling like I could puke up or having to resort to wearing a mask.
It also does clump up instantly and remains like that so finding the soiled parts and scooping it away is very easy.
My two kittens took to this litter instantly despite it being scented.

Now onto the not so good part:
I'm not sure whether this litter is clay based but it makes washing the litter tray extremely hard because it sticks to the surface like glue and you have to scrub really hard, and sometimes still it leaves a powdery residue. I guess this could be solved by using litter liners but I prefer not to.

It also tracks rather easily even though our kittens aren't long-haired and we have began to get fed up of seeing grey paw marks from tracking everywhere, so unfortunately I wil have to try out a new cat litter soon.

Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles)
Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles)
by Jeffrey Archer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to start with but climax was disappointing and went downhill towards the end, 27 Sept. 2014
Please note: This review contains spoilers.

I read this book without knowing it was a 'chronicle'. It started off really well with a captivating storyline that had me turning the pages wondering when the beans would be spilled and truth found out. The basic plot of the story was pretty standard: poor but smart boy excels through education with the help of family, friends & neighbours pulling the necessary strings and ties but a dark background secret causes problems and prevent things from running quite as smoothly.

What I couldn't understand and possibly believe was how Harry's mother and the 'evil guy' in the story could let Harry and Emma's relationship go so far before somebody else reveals the truth!
Also there is one major flaw to the story: how Harry is proven to be the son of Hugo because he is also colour blind like his father and other male generations. According to colourblindawareness.org "A colour blind boy can’t receive a colour blind gene from his father, even if his father is colour blind, because his father can only pass an X chromosome to his daughters."

I was greatly disappointed with the ending as mentioned previously, I wasn't aware the book had prequels and expected it to end in a happy way but it leaves you on a total cliffhanger with Harry ending up in a very different situation and scenario to deal with besides his other problems which he hadn't really solved/put an end to first. Also, I was a bit sceptical with the fact that the seemingly caring Sir Walter would let Harry go on the ship when the country was in the brink of a war - surely he would've known it could be dangerous to let him go to sea and he never even challenged Harry or tried to persuade him otherwise.
I also somehow wished that Harry could have proved he wasn't the son of Hugo and thus was able to marry Emma so that they wouldn't be committing the horrifying act of incest!

Fitness Mad Warrior Plus Yoga Mat - Fire
Fitness Mad Warrior Plus Yoga Mat - Fire

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 16 Aug. 2014
Good yoga mat, non slip, however it is a bit sticky to the touch even after wiping it down with a slight dampened cloth.

Leifheit Clean and Away Dusting Mop
Leifheit Clean and Away Dusting Mop
Offered by kitchen essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dust mop, 16 July 2014
Great dust mop and very durable. I'm a clumsy person and use everything very rough handedly which usually results in breakage but this one has lasted very well. The swivel action of the head is really nifty and makes dusting up an ease! The telescopic handle can be adjusted to height which is useful because I store it under the stairs which hasn't got much room for height.

You can use any static cloth that fits the head - I recently purchased some from Muji.

Skechers USA Womens Go Walk Low-Top Trainers 13510 Burgundy 3 UK, 36 EU
Skechers USA Womens Go Walk Low-Top Trainers 13510 Burgundy 3 UK, 36 EU
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these shoes!, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Skechers Women's GO Walk (Apparel)
I bought my first pair of Go Walk's a year ago and love them so much I just had to pick up another pair whilst it was on sale here.
I love everything about these pump-style trainers. Firstly they fit me like a glove and they are SO comfortable to wear. I wear these for work which requires me standing on my feet for up to 12 hours a day, and I also use these for when I'm on holiday and require lots of walking (of course).
I also love the style of these - I've never been a fan of Skecher's trainers because they look quite bulky but these are really streamlined.
Next, I LOVE the fact that you can machine-wash them and they come out like brand new. Well apart from the strip that goes around the white rubber bit which has started to fall off now but it doesn't bother me too much, everything else still remains in tip-top condition.
I do advise to scrub the white sole gently with a toothbrush first before popping them in the machine machine though.
They don't take long to dry either after you have washed them.

All in all, these are my perfect pair of casual walking shoes and I have recommended them to my aunt and mother and they agree with me also.

Aladdin 0.6 Litre Aveo Water Bottle Grey Future Insights
Aladdin 0.6 Litre Aveo Water Bottle Grey Future Insights

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the bill!, 16 July 2014
Just needed a simple water bottle that I could re-use and this fits the bill. Doesn't leak on me, nice & sleek design, durable and easy to clean. I usually like boiling my water before letting it cool then pour into the bottle and chill, so no need for the bobble bottle with the built-in filter.

Crystal Deodorant Stick 125 g
Crystal Deodorant Stick 125 g

5.0 out of 5 stars It WORKS!, 28 Jun. 2014
Had been searching high and low for a deodorant that actually works in tackling the smell rather than masking it. At first I was a bit dubious about this product despite the many brilliant reviews on it already. I mean, just exactly how can a piece of rock salt be the salvation to my embarrassing problem? Especially as you cannot actually see whether you have applied any on or not. It says to use it wet and on clean skin which I do every night after I have showered. I literally rub the piece of salt all over criss-cross, up and down both pits. I still cannot see whether any of the product has transferred onto my skin or not and I can't really feel it there with my fingers so I just put it down to faith.

The ONLY way I can tell that it does work is that whenever I sweat now I don't have an overpowering pungent aroma coming from that area any more! And it has been tested thoroughly as well.
I must say that I am totally amazed at how effective it is for me. It doesn't even require me to re-apply it throughout the day. I find that after I've applied it at night before bed, I remain 'fresh' throughout the whole of the next day.

No chemicals or fragrance. I love you Mother Nature!

Labels For Luggage Luggage Tags (2pk)
Labels For Luggage Luggage Tags (2pk)
Offered by Just Sport and Leisure

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 April 2014
Wouldn't say these are anywhere near 'high quality leather' but its not too bad for the price. Does the job and has survived a a few long haul flights already.
Was a bit worried about the buckle strap which seemed a bit flimsy and might come off really easily, but it didn't so happy days.

Melton Pets Direct Hamster Home Set of Corner Litter Tray and Ceramic Bowl, Small, Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product IF there wasn't any sticker on it!, 23 April 2014
This was really value for money seeing as the litter tray usually costs around £5 on its own, however, the tray came with a large sticker on the inside bottom. Its one of those stickers that don't peel off well and leave a horrible sticky residue. Usually, this can be solved with a bit of nail varnish remover, except on this occasion, the glue from the sticker was SO tacky that no amount of nail varnish remover, soap, excessive scrubbing, etc could remove it!
It is really frustrating because now my tray is left with scratches on it and there is STILL the tacky glue left on it so I will never be able to wash it out properly - its deemed half useless. If it wasn't for the price of only £2 for both items I would surely be returning this product, but for the sake of the cost, I will try make use it of nevertheless as it WOULD'VE been a great product.

As with the ceramic food bowl... its a little small for my syrian hamster but will be suitable for dwarf hamsters.

Box of 48 Wedding Wand Tube Bubble Wedding Favours- NEW
Box of 48 Wedding Wand Tube Bubble Wedding Favours- NEW
Offered by One Click Wonder

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little additions, 24 Jan. 2014
Bought these to go beside our favour boxes just to add a little fun for guests. At first, I thought they were smaller than expected but they still produce nice bubbles.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7