Profile for Jon Allen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
A Sony Christmas Carol
A Sony Christmas Carol

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!, 10 Nov 2010
What a beautiful track. I saw it on the Sony TV ad. Lang Lang is definitely one to watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars another good 'Essential Mixes', 22 Oct 2010
This review is from: Essential Mixes (Audio CD)
Discovered this after purchasing and loving the new Kylie Essential Mixes. This is a great album. The remixes stay true to the original songs without going crazy but definitely give them more energy! Brilliant to drive/work out to :)

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILL!, 21 Sep 2010
This review is from: Essential Mixes (Audio CD)
corr this takes me back. what a fun collection of classic kylie mixes at a brilliant price!

Guitar Heaven: Santana Performs The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time
Guitar Heaven: Santana Performs The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning, 14 Sep 2010
Listened to the album at a special playback party in Las Vegas, Clive Davis was also in attendance. This album is phenomenal. The musicianship is out of this world. The first single 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' is just beautiful. No wonder Olivia Harrison couldn't contain her emaotion when she heard it!!! What a gorgeous tribute to her legendary husband. I was getting slightly worried that we would never see another album that could compete with the brilliance of Supernatural and the very early years - but this is it. Highly recommended
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2010 4:23 PM BST

Sunny Side Up
Sunny Side Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Feb 2010
This review is from: Sunny Side Up (Audio CD)
Paolo is just so talented. What a wonderful album this is. If you like this check out Arno Carstens. His new album Wonderful Wild has a song Paolo wrote for him on it. Wonderful Wild

Wonderful Wild
Wonderful Wild
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic 'new' talent, 26 Jan 2010
This review is from: Wonderful Wild (Audio CD)
I say 'new' because he has been a star in South Africa for years! Finally it seems however that Sony UK have seen sense and decided to sign him to a UK album deal. I've heard the first 2 singles 'Dreamer' & 'Emergency' on the radio, both of which completely blew me away. Energetic, anthemic, oh so melodic and WHAT A VOICE! The songs were written with and produced by Youth, so he was definitely in good hands.

I know I've only heard a couple of the songs but on those alone I feel the album deserves a five star rating. I can't wait to hear the whole thing! I've pre-ordered my copy :)

Whitney Houston, The Deluxe Anniversary Edition
Whitney Houston, The Deluxe Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars AT LAST!, 24 Dec 2009
Finally - the incredible early years are to be celebrated! The most exciting thing about this package is it seems there will be plenty of live content. According to Whitney's official website 2 last minute performances have been added to the DVD too!

I Am Changing (performed at the Arista 15th Anniversary party 1983)
You Give Good Love (Live at Soul Train Awards 1986)

I am so looking forward to these as they are previously unreleased. We all know Whitney's voice was on fire during these years so I'm looking forward to cranking up the volume at home and watching these over and over!

Also can't wait to hear the remixes and read the letter Whitney has written to her fans in the booklet.

What a great way to start the new year :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2010 3:40 PM GMT

A Reality Tour
A Reality Tour

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Wait!, 16 Dec 2009
This review is from: A Reality Tour (Audio CD)
I'm so glad I'm going to finally be able to get my hands on decent quality audio recordings from this amazing gig to crank up in the car on my way to work!

WIll start the new year nicely! nice one Bowie :)

Jon

Whitney Houston (The Deluxe Anniversary Edition)
Whitney Houston (The Deluxe Anniversary Edition)
Offered by Books2anywhereUS

5.0 out of 5 stars AT LAST!, 16 Dec 2009

I Am Changing (performed at the Arista 15th Anniversary party 1983)
You Give Good Love (Live at Soul Train Awards 1986)

What a great way to start the new year :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2009 10:58 AM GMT

We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.
We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 2 May 2009
This is Jason at his very best. Another very welcomed addition to the collection. I saw him again on tour in the UK in April, he was sensational.

Priscilla Ahn opened for him and she was sublime, check out her debut album too. A Good Day

It has got to be one of the most beautifully crafted albums released this side of the new millenium. When I first heard her perform 'Dream' I was mezmerized. The tone of her voice and the lyrical content blew me away!

"Long walks in the dark,
In woods grown behind the park
I asked God who I'm supposed to be?

The stars smiled down on me
God answered in silent reverie
I said a prayer and fell asleep

I had a dream..."

Beautiful - you have to have both these albums in your collection!!

Page: 1 | 2