Profile for Dave Freak > Reviews

Content by Dave Freak

Dave Freak

Page: 1 | 2
Fresh Yeast (8 x mini blocks)
Fresh Yeast (8 x mini blocks)
Offered by Bonnebouffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, even from frozen, 18 May 2016
Yeast works well, even though I've had to freeze most of it. When thawing, it ends up runny, but I just mix with lukewarm water and then divide into required 'portions' to mix into my flour.

Plain Plastic Scraper Flexible blade. 4.5 x 3"
Plain Plastic Scraper Flexible blade. 4.5 x 3"
Offered by RightPrice Catering Equipment
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little scraper, 18 May 2016
A great little scraper which works excellently when I'm making bread.

Extra Large Glass Worktop Saver - Black - 60 x 40cm
Extra Large Glass Worktop Saver - Black - 60 x 40cm
Offered by Cutting Edge Retail

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Size, 18 May 2016
I had hoped for a smooth surface to use in kneading bread dough, however, the surface was textured. The solution has been to use it up-side-down. Size is ideal.

Scarpa Men's Ranger Gore-Tex Active
Scarpa Men's Ranger Gore-Tex Active
Offered by Springfield Camping Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but they don't suit me., 15 Sept. 2015
These are well made boots, but do not suit me. I found that the 'auto-fit' foam in the heal area gripped, rather than supported. The padding around the ankle area also gripped in a way that I found uncomfortable and, I suspect as a direct result, lead to my achilles tendon becoming inflamed. I also miss the fact that this model does not have a locking hook to hold the lacing tight below the ankle area whilst allowing the wearer to decide how tight they want the upper part to be.

There is no faulting the high standard of construction and material used in this boot, which ensured my feet remained dry in some very wet conditions. However, in the end, these are not boots that suit me and I have replaced them even though there is much wear still remaining.

Screwpull Classics PM-100 Corkscrew Pocket Model Black
Screwpull Classics PM-100 Corkscrew Pocket Model Black
Offered by KADOLOISIRS

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, excellent and easy to use, 5 Sept. 2015
Simple, excellent and easy to use; the best corkscrew I've ever used. This is a replacement for one that cracked on its handle after many years of frequent use.

Kingsman: The Secret Service
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent comedy spoof of the classic British spy films, 5 July 2015
An excellent comedy spoof of the classic British spy films, especially 007. With some great star actors, the performances are spot on and there is plenty of really good action in there too. British film-making at its best.

Berghaus Men's Short Sleeve Crew Neck Tech T-Shirt - Extreme Red/Carbon, Large
Berghaus Men's Short Sleeve Crew Neck Tech T-Shirt - Extreme Red/Carbon, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as they come, 2 Jun. 2015
Excellent base-layer; best I've found in 40 years.

Platypus Hoser-2L
Platypus Hoser-2L
Offered by Dales Distribution Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and value., 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Platypus Hoser (Sports)
Excellent water carrier with absolutely no tainting on the waters' taste. Good fit for Berghaus H2O systems.

Eallc 2L Foldable Water Bladder Reservoir Bag for Hiking Camping Running Biking(Free UK Delivery) (Green)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not one I'd recommend., 14 Dec. 2014
Rather flimsy and leaks at the mouth piece which given the difficulty of drawing water into the mouth is strange. I will be seeking an alternative which is up to the job.

For completeness, I've tried using mine in a Berghaus rucksack fitted with H2O hydration bag compartment.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good boot, but narrow foot size, 28 Nov. 2014
These are a good, well made pair of boots although time will tell just how well they wear. Whilst the length of the boot is fine and fits very well, the breadth is less than other boots I've bought recently, such as Berghaus. This is the 4th pair of hiking boots I've bought in the past 12 months as I average in excess of 300 miles per month.

My main problem to date with other brands has been excess wear on the heal with softer outer compounds not up to the mileage I do. The Asolo sole does appear to be a harder, better wearing compound which will hopefully last. I certainly provides a good grip even on wet rock. If only the width was slightly more generous!

Page: 1 | 2