Profile for charlietrash > Reviews

Vulkan Classic Back Brace with Stays Small
Offered by SDA-Direct
Price: 46.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 8 Jun 2013
Following yet another bout of disc related agony (couldn't stand/sit etc) I decided to look for a reassuringly expensive product without the amazing properties of magnets (yeah right) I bought one of these and it is quite simply the best thing I've done for my back since I spent 500 on a decent office chair.
I've had surgery to cut away a prolapsed disc and was fine after for some years but a recent MRI shows the discs are all in a pretty bad way. The surgeon told me at the time of the discectomy that the next time we met it would be to join up my lower spine with wire.
I can only speak from my experience with this brace and the above is for maybe someone else with a similar problem to take a lead from.

That said it really has helped more than I could have imagined. It seemed a little tight when the velcro pad gets fastened, but I learned to fasten it lower down rather that round the waist - which really gives a great feeling of support. And the pain has melted away without any codeine.

I'm in the middle of a stone house renovation and after a full day on the scaff lugging cement about I felt great, but always remembering not to twist or bend if possible.

Mr. Universe
Mr. Universe
Price: 8.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Mr. Universe (Audio CD)
I'm always on the lookout for 'new' old music and this album is a real find.
I've struggled with Gillan and all the screaming over the years, well the screaming is barely here and we have the singer to enjoy.
I bought this based on the great reviews right here and for a change they were all bang on it. It's just a well thought out not by the numbers recording and yes not a filler in sight. A friend for the future.

The Descent [DVD] [2005]
The Descent [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Shauna Macdonald
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 4.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst film ever, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Descent [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I look to the reviews as a guide - this one's a corker.
Surely if there are people giving this 5 stars, they loved it and 1 star, they hated it.

I pondered this for some time, then saw it was about 10p with Zoverstocks and shelled out some serious coin (a 10p piece)
Now I don't live in the UK anymore, so forgive me if my facts are a little out of date.
Didn't 10p buy
1. A Freddo
or
2. Some Space Raiders
or
3.Part/most of a 'Ruffle' bar.

These are 'quick thrills' I'll grant you, but I'd take any of them over this film (and they are all more thrilling than this drivel)

It started well and had some really good pace, then out came the 'by the numbers' rest if the film.
I won't give out any spoilers as I didn't know what to expect from the film and maybe you'd like to be surprised by it. We sat going 'oh dear' and 'oh please' (make it end) Can't actually remember if we got to the end.
I bought it just to see if there was a chance I'd be one of the 5 star fans and maybe be pleasantly entertained. I wasn't and it was purged from my memory until Amazon recommended I buy '2'
Can't see it happening.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2013 9:45 AM BST

Arrested Development - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Arrested Development - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Bateman
Price: 16.75

2.0 out of 5 stars A word from a seinfeld fan, 18 May 2012
I've read lots of reviews on Amazon and really find them helpful in making up my mind on a purchase.
Something I have noticed is the obvious 'die-hard' fan of any film or TV series, coming in to attack (by way of 'not finding a review helpful') something they hold dear to their heart.
It's a little sad and if you're looking for a decent steer, a little misleading.

Just look at the negative reviews on this title and the stats are obvious.

I'm going to put myself in the firing line and say that I didn't get on with this series.
I saw the rave reviews, the word 'Seinfeld' and thought I was in for a treat.
Seinfeld, Sanders, David - yes.
This - no

Great cast, poor script.

Ron Howard has a voice-over running constantly through the series, updating you on the storyline.
It's not really very hard to follow and he becomes intrusive and irritating as he states the obvious, again and again. There is one point when a character uses the phrase 'arrested development' and in pipes Howard 'that's the name of the show' cringeworthy.......

It starts very promisingly and fades away all too fast.
Series 3 was when I decided to call it quits - there are characters that make Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent appear so genuine it was as if he had been lifted from 'Snatch'
I realised i didn't care about any of the characters - such a shame when the might of Jeffrey Tambor is on screen, wasted and not his fault.

The central character is really lame, the weakest link.
The rest of the ensemble are ok, but wasted by lack of good script.

OK die-hard Bruce Willis fans - come on in and 'unlike' my review.
I write it for someone else like me who loves Seinfeld and was led to believe that this is of the same calibre.
It is not.
Not in the same league, don't bother buying it - cobblers I tell you.

Didn't even make it to the end - and we really tried.
Went back to 'Whatever happened to the likely lads' from the beginning and order was restored.

Now drink that while it's hot................
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2012 10:23 PM BST