Profile for arguile > Reviews

arguile (twickenham)

Klipsch Image S4 Headphones
Klipsch Image S4 Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars they're alright, 14 Jan. 2011
I have a pair of Shure SE535s but haven't got the nerve to use them in the humid knockabout of the gym or in the rain, so I bought these. I'm not a fussy audiophile incidentally. A couple of points:-

(1) the noise isolation on the S4s is very good. The buds need to go a long way into the ear but they really keep the external noise out. They're as good as the SE535s in that regard and that's so even though the SE535s are active noise cancelling rather than just isolating as the S4s are.

(2) overall, the sound is alright but not especially brilliant. The bass, although prominent, is not very defined and might be described as flabby. You would certainly want to avoid any EQ setting that bumps the bass up even slightly or the whole sound will go. It's still a lot better than (say) Sennheiser CX300s.

3.0 out of 5 stars mac issues!, 1 Oct. 2010
This review is from: No! (Audio CD)
I was attracted to this as an "enhanced" CD with interactive content, supposedly mac compatible. However BE WARNED! this CD was produced in 2002 and only runs in the mac "Classic Environment" ie OS9. Classic Environment is not supported by Snow Leopard, which most mac users now use, so we and they are stuck.

Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Bread Bin Beech/Cream
Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Bread Bin Beech/Cream

1.0 out of 5 stars warped, 1 May 2008
we bought ours from John Lewis. The lid warped within a month, very frustrating. I took it back to the shop, who were evidently aware of the issue because Nigella had prepped them with a whole batch of extra lids, apparently in expectation of my (and others') visits. I took the new lid home but this warped within only a few days. Life then became too short so I took the whole thing back for a refund, readily given. Shame, because it looks lovely - but with a warped lid, it's pointless!