Profile for Heather Landy > Reviews

Heather Landy

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Balm, Pink Grapefruit, 4.25g
Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Balm, Pink Grapefruit, 4.25g

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 12 Jan. 2013
This is a great product and has a lovely grapefruit smell to it which keeps your lips smooth and nice.

The Kitchen Diaries II
The Kitchen Diaries II
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous sequel, 4 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Kitchen Diaries II (Hardcover)
I bought my mother this book for her birthday and she absolutely loved it. It is a beautiful presented book with vivid images of the recipes and contains some masterful and well conceived dishes. His recipes are also easy and cheap to produce which is great especially when times are tight. Five stars well deserved!

Bright Lights
Bright Lights

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive and Sweet, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Bright Lights (Audio CD)
Love this album! Pop music at its best. Worth listening to for the lovely song The Writer alone. It's a grower!

The Family Jewels
The Family Jewels

5.0 out of 5 stars A staple of my music diet, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Family Jewels (Audio CD)
I can't stop listening to this punchy and sassy album, it's like a drug. Love it! Next step, see her live.

The Kitchen Diaries: A Year in the Kitchen
The Kitchen Diaries: A Year in the Kitchen
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes that make you water at the mouth, 4 Jan. 2012
My mum uses this book almost religiously. Slater writers in an enticing way emphasising his passion for food which is a delight. Lovely imagery also heightens the effect. Worth having in your collection!

Victoria & Albert Museum Desk Diary 2012: The Cult of Beauty
Victoria & Albert Museum Desk Diary 2012: The Cult of Beauty
by Stephen Calloway

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty and a nice size, 4 Jan. 2012
I purchased this diary a number of months ago and I really like it! It's full of lovely images and it's a nice size, lots of space for scrawling down various notes. I am a bit fan of aestheticism and Victorian culture so I was so happy when this diary was released.

Skechers Women's Ready Set Tone Sports Shoe  White/Pink UK 6
Skechers Women's Ready Set Tone Sports Shoe White/Pink UK 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Purchase, 4 Jan. 2012
My mum needed new runners so I was lucky to spot these runners on sale for 20 Sterling. They arrived swiftly and had an extra pair of laces which is great. My mum likes the colour and style and says they are very comfortable and weightless. You don't realise that you are touching the ground when you are walking which is always a sign of a good trainer I think. I'd recommend these runners to anyone who loves their power walking and jogging!

Logic3 MIP011K i-Station11 iPod Speaker Dock - 6 Watts RMS, Battery or Mains Operated

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, versatile and great quality, 4 Jan. 2012
I ordered this ipod dock as a lightening deal and I am very happy with it! It's nice and light and compact and I am very pleased that it doubles as a charger for my ipod. I own a 6th generation ipod classic 80gb and it fits perfectly. I picked it up for 18 sterling which is a great price because most half decent ipod docks I came across were at least 50 euro. Great price and great size!

Constance: The Tragic and Scandalous Life of Mrs Oscar Wilde
Constance: The Tragic and Scandalous Life of Mrs Oscar Wilde
by Franny Moyle

5.0 out of 5 stars A life caught up in scandal and profanity, 23 Oct. 2011
What a wonderful and insightful read. Franny Moyle has captured perfectly the life of Constance Lloyd, the lesser known wife of writer and playwright Oscar Wilde. Having studied Dorian Gray and the life of Oscar Wilde for a degree in Victorian Studies I was eager to learn more about the woman who shaped the earlier years of Oscar's career. Richard Ellmann's sparse account of Constance in his biography of Oscar Wilde made her appear as a passing lady in Oscar's life yet here we are introduced to a woman who is well able to stand up for herself and create a career and personality for herself during the time of conservatism and male domination. This book had the blessing and help of Merlin Holland, grandson and researcher who holds the rights to Wilde's manuscript so the information here is as far as we know it truthful and primary. Overall, this book was a lovely read which I couldn't put down.

Ritual
Ritual

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on their debut effort, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Ritual (Audio CD)
I have always liked White Lies so I was intrigued by their second album. While this album isn't bad it doesn't hook like To Lose a Life. The songs aren't as catchy and are more drawn out, less indie and more electro. Their sound has been altered which of course is inevitable when you are trying to bring out new material devoid of the characteristics of the previous record. I interviewed Charles Cave a few years back just after the release of their first album where they were playing worldwide due to the success of the first record so I am holding out hope that over time they will continue to grow and excite. Any White Lies fan should buy this because despite it's slight inferiority to the first effort it still boasts a few stellar tracks including the single Bigger than Us, Peace and Quiet and The Power and the Glory.