Profile for Stuuu > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
5V Tascam PS-P520 PSU part power supply replacement adaptor
5V Tascam PS-P520 PSU part power supply replacement adaptor

3.0 out of 5 stars work with TASCAM DP-008EX, 25 Jun 2014
I bought this as a low-cost alternative to the official tascam power supply for a DP-008EX.
It appears well made and the tascam functions OK when using it.

The Pi Hut USB Wi-Fi Adapter for Raspberry Pi
The Pi Hut USB Wi-Fi Adapter for Raspberry Pi
Offered by The Pi Hut
Price: 5.11

3.0 out of 5 stars worked but slow for me, 25 Jun 2014
This did work with the raspbian distro on my raspberry pi as described but the transfers speeds I see are dreadful and bursty. I have never seen above 1.5Mb/s with this dongle. An alternative dongle with a full size antenna is now giving me much better connection robustness and transfer speed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 3:41 PM BST

WIFI 300Mbps WIRELESS ADAPTOR 802.11 B G N LAN NETWORK USB DONGLE ADAPTER WPS
WIFI 300Mbps WIRELESS ADAPTOR 802.11 B G N LAN NETWORK USB DONGLE ADAPTER WPS
Offered by pcpal
Price: 5.75

4.0 out of 5 stars works well with Raspberry PI, 25 Jun 2014
I purchased this to replace a functional (but very slow) micro wifi USB dongle in use on my raspberry pi. At first I couldn't get it to connect using the existing WLAN network configuration so I check the driver was installed (ralink-firmware package) - and it was, then re-did the wifi configuration using wicd rather than NetworkManager/wpa_supplicant. Bingo, blue light on the dongle (very useful) showing a link was up and all was good. Some basic speed tests showed > 23Mb/s to my wireless-N TPlink router.
With the full-sized antenna the range and signal was much improved and detected every network in the neighborhood with a strong signal.

LG BE14NS40 14x USB 3.0 Desktop Blu-ray Rewriter with 3D Playback
LG BE14NS40 14x USB 3.0 Desktop Blu-ray Rewriter with 3D Playback
Offered by SUNSKY
Price: 99.97

5.0 out of 5 stars burns nicely, 24 Jun 2014
I bought this to allow me to burn m-disc DVDs and blu-rays,
I have now burned many DVD-R, DVD-RW, CDR, CDRW and M-DISC DVD-R without problems.
I think 1 failure in 15 burns but that was a cheap DVD-R.
I'm waiting to try M-DISC BD-R when they come available.

+9.5dBi Omni TurboTenna 2.4GHz WiFi antenna with RP-SMA for Netgear, Belkin, Buffalo, D-Link Routers & Adapters
Offered by Clever Gadgets
Price: 3.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than basic antenna, 24 Jun 2014
I used this to increase the range of my hi-power tp-link router down the garden. The range did increase by about 25% beyond what I acheived with the default 4inch antenna

A4Tech Mini X-Slim Keyboard KL-5-1 - Black Keyboard - USB
A4Tech Mini X-Slim Keyboard KL-5-1 - Black Keyboard - USB
Offered by trendy-tronics
Price: 10.45

3.0 out of 5 stars works with Panasonic viera TV, 24 Jun 2014
Cheap and cheerful. It works with my raspberry pi but doesn't always come up plug-and-play. Sometimes I need to reboot the computer to get it to be recognised.

AmazonBasics 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub with UK Plug
AmazonBasics 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub with UK Plug
Price: 14.29

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but doesn't do some things I expected, 24 Jun 2014
Works as a multi-way hub but will not recharge my iPhone4 unless also connected to a computer. I think the iPhone requires a valid USB host to be indicated, no just power.
Does power my Raspberry Pi and peripherals happily via the power-only socket.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2014 10:55 AM BST

Doro Syntiro 915C Amplified Phone - Black
Doro Syntiro 915C Amplified Phone - Black
Offered by Handset Solutions Ltd
Price: 53.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clear simple desk phone, 24 Jun 2014
Solid, smart, with an easy to read display and simple to use. Nice load speaker and the hands-free mic gives a clear voice at the other end (apparently). I'd recommend it for a simple desk phone.
It doesn't pickup DTMF tones given through the speak (e.g. from a smartphone dialer app) which is a shame.

PortaPow 11W High Efficiency Rainproof USB Solar Charger
PortaPow 11W High Efficiency Rainproof USB Solar Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives good voltage even in overcast conditions, 24 Jun 2014
Well made. It appears pretty tough and would probably survive in rain but I've not tried it yet,
The pockets are big enough to hold good sized phone in each.

PortaPow Battery Extender Pack for Smartphones, Satnavs, Amazon Kindle Fire, GoPro
Price: 16.78

5.0 out of 5 stars charge and feed together, 24 Jun 2014
This does exactly what I wanted. Combined it with an 11W solar panel it will power my raspberry pi whilst topping up charge from the panel. When the power drops too low, the PI switches off and the battery keeps charging. When the charge is high enough (or the power from the panel is enough for both) then the PI switches back on,
Brilliant.