Profile for Mettler > Reviews

Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro 7
by Diana Weynand
Price: 39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not without its faults, 23 April 2012
I've been using FCP7 and the simplified Final Cut Elements professionally for a year in a very basic way and its showing me the gaps in my knowledge.
I think the layout and tutorials are pretty easy to understand if you already have some working knowledge of the program but if you're a complete beginner I think this book might throw a few problems your way.

I found the early lessons a bit repetitive and sometimes the examples and/or screen shots aren't where you are directed to look.

The biggest frustration I had was a CD that wouldn't copy to my hard drive. It kept throwing up error messages and couldn't complete the process. I followed their instructions on cleaning the disc but it still would not work. The book provides an email address to write to for a replacement disc in the event of a non-working CD and I wrote to it over a month ago and I'm still waiting for a new disc or even a reply. If it happens to you and you don't bump in to an old mate who has the same book and lends you his CD I'd send it back to Amazon as faulty rather than email the publishers.

Otherwise, if you need to know FCP7 you will need this book even though it has its issues.