Profile for Whiteacre > Reviews

Whiteacre

It Waits
It Waits

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Aug. 2015
This review is from: It Waits (Kindle Edition)
Amie and Mark move into a new house and things appear to be going swimmingly...but something sinister is sharing the house with the happy new residents.
This is a decent read, filled with suspense and chills. I usually read extreme horror, but sometimes I like to have a break from all the brutality and this book was a nice treat. If you like your ghost stories then this book is for you.

DARK COUNTY
DARK COUNTY

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: DARK COUNTY (Kindle Edition)
I live in Lincolnshire so it was quite refreshing to read about something closer to home for once. Tinsley's clarity of expression painted clear pictures in my head, which ultimately makes for a smooth read. I enjoyed it very much indeed. Hats off to Kit Tinsley!

The Olympus Killer: A stand-alone thriller (Greek Island Mysteries Book 1)
The Olympus Killer: A stand-alone thriller (Greek Island Mysteries Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder and Intrigue in Greece, 7 Nov. 2014
I enjoyed this crime thriller. The story is brimming with twists, turns and colourful characters. Christodoulou is the Greek James Patterson!

God's Buried Children
God's Buried Children

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book, 3 Sept. 2014
Poorly written. The author either needs to take lessons in the English language or to hire a proof reader! No, my mistake...he needs to do both!

Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror
Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror
by Chris Priestley

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this a childrens book?, 4 Aug. 2013
A very interesting read. It is well written, fast paced and very gripping. I wouldn't call it minimal, it is not over written yet the style of writing carries a sophistication that gives the reader a lot of detail in a rather concise manner. This style of writing is perfect for children or people new to reading. However the nature of the stories within the pages are so disturbing that I often asked myself while reading, "Is this really a childrens book?" I believe the moral of each story is for children to heed the warnings of their elders, for curiosity can lead to severe consequences. Therefore this story is perfect if you want to teach your children to listen to your warnings, although I think I will be waiting until my son is at least nine years old before I let him read it. Overall, a brilliant book. Well done Chris!