Profile for ladyp79 > Reviews

Content by ladyp79

ladyp79 "ladyp79" (London, UK)

Rude World: 100 Rudest Place Names in the World
Rude World: 100 Rudest Place Names in the World
by Rob Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Even funnier than Rude Britain, 23 Sept. 2006
This book is hilarious! Intelligent schoolboy humour, if such a thing is possible. You won't be able to stop yourself smirking - there ought to be a money back guarantee.

South American Handbook 2006 (Footprint Travel Guides)
South American Handbook 2006 (Footprint Travel Guides)
by Ben Box

5.0 out of 5 stars More grown-up than Rough Guides and Loney Planet, 28 April 2006
I am a footprint convert. These guides are fantastic and - although they don't have any glossy pictures, which is a shame - they are so much more helpful than any other budget guide book I've tried, since they don't assume you're an 18 year old gap year student. Interesting on history, thorough on transport and accomodation with in-depth and unusual tips on what to see, you can't beat these books for a more grounded travel guide.

Wide Open
Wide Open
by Nicola Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, clever, gripping. Best book I've ever read..., 25 April 2006
This review is from: Wide Open (Paperback)
...And I've read a lot. I'm not easily pleased, but this book is absolutely brilliantly written. I can't believe Nicola Barker is not more well known. I have leant my copy of this book to three people so far, and they have all come back saying how much they loved it. It is great writing that is unpretentious in its excellence. The story is quirky and fascinating and deeply moving, and the characterisation is spot-on. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It really is one of the best books I have ever read - and certainly the best book by any living British author.

The Best of The Chap
The Best of The Chap
by Gustav Temple

5.0 out of 5 stars The tweed revolution is upon us!, 9 Nov. 2005
This review is from: The Best of The Chap (Hardcover)
Sheer excellence from those splendid fellows at The Chap magazine. The day doffing is revived with the vigour it so rightly deserves is the day I can die happy. Go and buy yourself a trilby immediately! Bring back the waistcoat! This is the perfect inspiration for every budding dandy out there. Marvellous stuff.

David Beckham: My Son
David Beckham: My Son
by Ted Beckham

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Oct. 2005
This review is from: David Beckham: My Son (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful book. A father's story together with family photos which really provide an insight into David Beckham's life and how he came to be what he is today. Perfect for Beckham fans and budding young footballers.