1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
superb build for the western fans, 1 Sep 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is my first Lone Ranger Lego build and I will admit that I bought it because of the stagecoach.
The kit consists of 3 bags with one building manual - a total of 279 pieces with 5 mini-figures.
- Lone Ranger (John Reid) - single face - white 10 gallon cowboy hat, nice torso printing (front and back) and leg printing. Comes with 2 silver 6-shooters. The Lone Ranger is the same mini-figure in almost all the sets released so far in 2013.
- Tonto - 2 faced - great torso and leg printing, small amount of back printing is covered by the hair piece. Hair piece has detachable crow/raven. Comes with knife. This is the same Tonto mini figure that occurs in most of the 2013 Lego LR sets so far.
- Jesus (pronounced Hay-sues) - 1st appearance in a Lego LR set - single face - great torso printing (front and back), brown cowboy hat, red bandana and knife.
- Barrett - 1st appearance in a Lego LR set - single face - nice printing on torso, back and legs, black cowboy hat.
- Red Harrington - 1st appearance in a Lego LR set - 2 faced - fantastically detailed on torso (front and back), material skirt (put on like a cape but between torso and legs), legs are bi-colour (one red and one white) the white one has some lovely printing on it. Comes with a very nice detachable green hat and a pistol.
- Brown horse - nice head printing, moveable head and back legs.
- 2 black coach horses - nice head printing, moveable head and back legs, reins are attached to the muzzles of the horses and lead to the driver's seat on the coach.
- The Coach - the two front wheels are on a pivoted bar so they can move to steer the coach and the rear wheels have a form of suspension. The double doors on both sides of the coach open and you can fit 2 of the mini figures inside (one on each side) - the roof is removable to help with this. One the roof is a postal satchel with a letter and a large green safe with a bar of silver. At the back of the coach is a storage area with a case in it, press the trigger and you can fire the case at the pursuing enemy.
There are a couple of points which I must make:
- the box indicated that the two baddies (Jesus and Harrington) each had a red bandana and a rifle BUT the box only contained one bandana and one rifle - a little disappointing;
- the black horses are a lot smaller than the completed coach meaning that the finished article looks a little odd with the coach towering over the tiny horses.
There are a number of stickers including a couple for the inside of the coach.
I like the mini-figure of Red Harrington it is beautifully done, but it did occur to me that this may be another first for Lego - possibly the first Lego "hooker" mini-figure ever.
The coach is superb, regardless of it being out of proportion with the horses, it now had pride of place at the centre of another Lego collection.
The RRP for the set of 29.99 and with 279 pieces it comes out as 10.7 pence per piece.