Profile for John R. Aldridge > Reviews

Content by John R. Aldridge

John R. Aldridge (BoulderJunctionWI)

In Our Name [DVD]
In Our Name [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joanne Froggat
Offered by A2Z Entertains

4.0 out of 5 stars The untold cost of war, 2 July 2012
This review is from: In Our Name [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this because of the incredible performance of this star as Elizabeth McGovern's maid in Downton Abbey - I wanted to see her in another type of role. I was not disappointed. It's a tragic story well told - like so any others happening to our troops whatever their nationality when they do their duty - for patriotism or for lack of good jobs. My statement oversimplifies the tragic story of a world torn between civilized enlightenment and the cost of maintaining such a civilization when opposed by half a world of religious fanatics, who unfortunately sit on resources we've come to rely on - be addicted to, for the continuation of our standard of living.

A Real Young Girl (Une Vraie Jeune Filles) [DVD] (1976) [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

3.0 out of 5 stars A Catherine Breillat collector, 13 July 2010
Not one of Catherine Breillat's most memorable. I liked A Brief Crossing better. She's come a long way since this early work of hers. This completes my collection of Catherine Breillat's work - until she makes another one.