Profile for Dominic Miller > Reviews

ArtBox 650 assorted children's reward stickers
ArtBox 650 assorted children's reward stickers
Offered by happy hippo

2.0 out of 5 stars Stickers tear when removing, 4 Dec. 2015
The stickers have not been cut away properly from the background so don't come out cleanly. The design of the stickers themselves is good but they're almost impossible to remove without tearing.

It's a George Thing
It's a George Thing
by David Bedford

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun., 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: It's a George Thing (Paperback)
Just got this book for my 3 year old daughter and she loves it - we've read it about 10 times already today. At the end there are some dance moves which she loves to do, and insists the rest of the family join in! Great fun.

Unbelievable: From My Childhood Dreams To Winning Olympic Gold
Unbelievable: From My Childhood Dreams To Winning Olympic Gold
by Jessica Ennis

2.0 out of 5 stars great athlete, disappointing biography, 10 Mar. 2013
There's no doubt that Ennis is a superb athlete and a fantastic role model but this book is just plain dull. Having read the book cover to cover in no more than about 3 hours (not because I read particularly fast, but because the content is so thin) I don't think I know much more about her, and her life, than I did before I read the book. The details about how she initially got invoved in athletics and her early days in the sport are particularly poorly covered. As is her relationship with her coach Tony Minichello, who sounds a very interesting character and who merits far more coverage than he receives. The book feels like it was rushed, and that Jessica was reluctant to say anything too controversial for fear of upsetting anyone.

20Q
20Q

5.0 out of 5 stars impressive, 22 Dec. 2005
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I was very sceptical that this thing would work but have been very impressed with the results. The first thing I thought of was cheese, and it guessed butter - not bad. Then it accurately predicted a leaf (in fact a 'tree leaf') and then a toothbrush. It's particularly impressive given that the questions it asks don't seem to give the device much information that would be useful - like 'is it smaller than a microwave oven?'. I bought this as a present for someone but I'm going to get another one for myself, and some more as prsents for a few other people - a great little gizmo!