Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Up to 70% off Fashion Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Crafty Marie > Reviews

Content by Crafty Marie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 264

Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Bose ® Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System - Black
Bose ® Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Movie Watching Experience You Can Get at Home, 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had intended to use these as computer speakers for which they are ideally sized and would look perfect set up this way. However, once they arrived and I saw they looked far better style wise than I was expecting, we decided to hook them up to the TV and see what that was like instead. Perhaps if we had a huge TV then the small speakers would look out of place but ours is more of a standard 32" and they looked fine next to it. You can get an idea of that sizing with the photo supplied which was taken from testing the kit out.

We had some very old speakers which we never bothered using instead of the inbuilt TV speakers since the sound quality wasn't any real improvement and I did wonder if this would be the same. But as soon as we got this rigged up and switched on, testing it with one of The Lord of the Rings movies, we were pretty wowed by the rich sound. It really is excellent if you love watching movies for a much more cinematic like experience. We love movies and particularly ones with great soundtracks so these speakers are the bomb. We've used them with music channels too where they are also good and they can also make regular TV shows sound good but we don't normally switch them on just for that. For watching movies though I can't imagine not having them since they absolutely enhance the watching of films. Brilliant and thrilled with these.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2015 5:38 PM BST

E-One 1500eEURDBLK Electronic Combination Padlock
E-One 1500eEURDBLK Electronic Combination Padlock

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Protecting Items in a Shared Household or Uni Accomodation, 29 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good electronic lock which has some drawbacks to it which limit how you can actually make the best use of it. You cannot use it outside or anywhere which may be steamy or wet because it is an electronic lock and wet may damage it. So this is for indoor use only which is a shame because there are loads of things where this may have a better use outside like to lock bikes up etc.

Since this can only be used indoors, it may have the biggest appeal to students living in shared University or college accommodation or for people who are living in a shared household and want a way to lock up and secure some valuables. Another potential use is for gym lockers or lockers at work or uni.

I love the fact that this works with up to 4 different codes so it can be shared by a group of people who can each remember their own code to unlock it. A master code can be saved online so you can access that via a website should you forget the code and lock yourself out. Most people carry smart phones with them which makes this an easy task. I like the idea of this but I think it would be more useful to people (like students in particular) who may well have a strong reason to lock things away. So it seems to be a good device (would be far better if it was made for outdoors too) that can be useful to a limited amount of people.

Dettol Anti-Bacterial Mould and Mildew Remover 750 ml - Pack of 3
Dettol Anti-Bacterial Mould and Mildew Remover 750 ml - Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Brilliantly on Surface Mould and Grime, 24 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We live in a very old house which has walls that are prone to damp and we've also been flooded as well which doesn't exactly help. We've got some really stubborn areas in the home where we get some dark, black patches that appear from time to time and this spray has been brilliant at removing those.

I think you're not supposed to use this on painted surfaces but our walls are just white or cream and it's not good to just leave black mould to fester so on this gets sprayed. I also use it to keep the bathroom grouting and tiles super clean. It works brilliantly and is a cheap way to instantly remove grimy, mouldy stains and patches completely.

The only negative thing with this spray is that it has a strong and unpleasant smell of bleach - understandable since it needs to be strong stuff to work well. I always open the windows wide before I start to use this and leave them open for a while after as well.

It works and I wouldn't bother to try anything else because it really does the job so well. I like that you just spray on, wait a bot and then wipe off. There's no hard scrubbing involved. The spray does the hard work for you.

The Escape Artist Season One
The Escape Artist Season One
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling to Watch and Awesome Acting All Round, 23 Dec. 2014
I probably would not have chosen to watch this if David Tennant had not been in as a main character. It's not the usual type of TV viewing for me but he is such a brilliant actor that I felt it was worth taking a chance to watch something different to the norm.

The story really gripped me right from the start. It's just a little bit creepy and there are some great twists and turns - especially the ending. David plays a great part and it is interesting to see his performance as his cool, calm and collected character starts to unravel. It's hard to say too much because it would totally spoil this viewing to give the plot away.

However, he's not the only great actor in this because I have to say that Toby Kebbell who plays the antagonist puts in an absolutely stellar performance. He had me creeped out no end because he plays such a convincing part. I would definitely recommend this. It's the best thing I've watched in a long time.

Hoover Blaze Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 1.5 L 850 W - Black and Blue
Hoover Blaze Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 1.5 L 850 W - Black and Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact Hoover and Powerful Suction - Very Pleased, 16 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've always had cylinder style vacuum cleaners from the extremely cheap (Tesco own make) to the very expensive Dysons. This one by Hoover sits roughly in the middle in terms of what we've spent previously. I became very disillusioned with the Dyson brand after my long hair strands managed to break one of the plastic parts on the machine after just over a year of use. Since then we have used a cheap Tesco cylinder vacuum which has been perfectly fine in terms of cleaning.

However, I was thrilled to get the chance to review this Hoover product. The styling is smart (someone else said it looks cheap but I happen to like the way it looks. It's nice and compact which means it is easy to store away under the stairs.

After using it extensively, I really find that it is almost impossible for me to fault it. Yes it is noisy but I've yet to have the pleasure of using a vacuum that isn't! You want a powerful suction, the noise happens to come along with that. Personally I will opt for a powerful suction that sucks up dust, pet hairs and dirt quickly over the noise level any day. I have very long hair and we have a long haired cat so it's important that a vacuum deals well with those which this one does. It works great on pet hair.

About the only valid criticism for me is that I would like a longer cord - all cylinder vacuums seem to suffer with shorter cords so it's been the same with every one we've bought. I'd love manufacturers to aim to make these a lot longer please so I don't need to keep plugging and unplugging or use an extension lead.

Doctor Who: Cybermen Monster File
Doctor Who: Cybermen Monster File

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kids Who Love Cybermen!, 24 Oct. 2014
My daughter (7) loves Dr Who and her favorite monsters are the Cybermen. So getting this app for her was a bit of a no-brainer really. She has spent a lot of time on this app and loves the interactive features - there are short video clips, lots of stuff to read which might be harder for younger kids, a story which has audio narration and things to press and touch on the tablet screen. She likes pressing on the fingerprints and getting the Cybermen to say things like "Incineration" and that one keeps her amused for quite some time.

It is more of a learning and discovery app and not a game. So much better for kids who really want to discover more about a favourite Who monster in terms of facts rather than action and play. Since it has been really well received, I'd be very happy to get some other monster files for her if they make them too. For a child who loves all the Who encyclopedias and fact files etc, this is right up her street. Has worked flawlessly on the Fire HD.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2014 12:00 AM GMT

Disney Frozen Ice Skating Elsa Doll
Disney Frozen Ice Skating Elsa Doll
Offered by Fun Collectables

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter LOVED this doll, I think it is just OK, 14 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a cute looking doll about the size of a standard Barbie. She is 7 and mad on anything Elsa from Frozen so she went mad when she saw the box with the doll inside. If my daughter was reviewing this, she'd give it 5 stars because she really loves it so that makes it a great gift for a young fan.

For me, it is a bit underwhelming. You have to push this doll on one foot for it to make a skating type action as it sort of bobs up and down a bit. No batteries which is good but it doesn't really do anything special. I think the foot looks daft which she has to skate on and you can't do a lot else with it since only her skirt comes off if you want to dress her up.

My little girl sees it differently. All she cares about is that she has a gorgeous looking Elsa doll and the fact it doesn't do much has been no hamper at all to her playing with it. She loves this thing. Kids who need toys to entertain them might get bored with this quite quickly but I think it is a good buy if a child is good with imaginative play.

Philips GC8638/20 PerfectCare Aqua Steam Generator Iron with One Perfect Temperature - 280 g Steam Boost, 2.5 L, 2400 W, Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightening Fast Ironing with the Steam, 2 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband does most of the ironing in our home although I'm happy to help out too. He has used this iron a lot more than me and we are both very impressed at just how quickly and efficiently you can iron with it.

- The water tank is huge and you don't need to refill even after hours of ironing which saves time
- No fiddling around with controls to change any settings, just get on and iron
- The iron part itself is quite light to hold since it has no water in it
- Press onto the steam button and it is amazingly quick at getting the creases out

Some points you may need to consider:

- It is huge. It takes up a very large space on our kitchen counter and it's too big to stash in a cupboard
- It is heavy even without filling with water. We've placed it where we don't need to move it to get on and iron
- It's easy to knock the steam button by accident - not a big deal but it happens
- The cords (both the iron one and mains plug) are rather short. Something to be aware of

Overall we are really impressed. We both think that it is well worth the kitchen counter space to have such a good quality iron that makes ironing as quick and easy as it can be. Of course, if you have a utility room or somewhere you can keep the iron out all the time, even better. If you don't have much ironing to get through every week then this may not be the best choice but if you need to iron a lot of clothes - it's the best we've ever used.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2014 12:06 AM BST

Galt Toys B Glam Fashion Designer Studio
Galt Toys B Glam Fashion Designer Studio

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Young Girls into Fashion and Creativity, 2 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fun set for young girls maybe 7+ who enjoy creative activities and are happy to sit down for a while and draw and colour in. I was surprised when it arrived because it was much larger and heavier than I expected and it looks like a very good gift to get.

It's not quite so impressive once opened, at least to my eyes, however my 7 year old loved it and instantly got busy with the included stencils and drawing outfits to go over the outline of the girl provided on the sheets. She enjoyed cutting out clothes using the patterned paper provided and also embellishing them more with the stickers. So it was a winning product for her and that's who it's aimed at hence the 4 stars. Great rainy day activity.

Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Chrome Razor Underwhelming Packaging, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a gift for my husband who prefers to wet shave than use an electric shaver. I was a bit disappointed with the packaging, a flimsy cardboard box, which makes this item look a bit cheap. However, the razor inside is stunning. It looks expensive, feels expensive as is weighty in the hand and the chrome just shines. I'm going to hunt out a nicer looking presentation case before I give this to him since the box lets it down quite a bit. But I'm very happy with the item itself - clearly I haven't tested it but it looks like it will be ideal. Be nice to get some traditional shaving soap and a brush to go with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2015 10:36 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19