Profile for Marie > Reviews

Content by Marie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 230

Marie "mariej30" (East Anglia)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Buki Crystal Lab
Buki Crystal Lab

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Kids who Like Science, 28 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Buki Crystal Lab (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter loves science and is always wanting to do experiments of some kind. We've done crystal growing before but this is a much more comprehensive set than we've used in the past so it has the potential to keep her busy for longer.

As with most scientific kits, you can't just walk away and let a child get on with it. There can be a good deal of parental supervision involved. I normally get her to read the instructions out loud which is good reading practice and then we get on.

The instructions were OK but a bit daunting to follow and there are different experiments from simple to more complicated.

Making crystals can be fun but the worst part is the waiting because it can take days before you see finished results. For kids who are terribly impatient, this would probably bore them silly. My daughter likes to wait and see what happens - a bit like with growing plants.

I think it's a pretty good set and contains all you need. The instructions could be better and I'd prefer something to watch so you can see an actual demonstration - just like you would at school.

Suttons Seeds Blue Heritage Tin with 20 Pack of Seeds
Suttons Seeds Blue Heritage Tin with 20 Pack of Seeds

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Seed Tin with 20 Packs of Seeds, 18 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous looking seed tin and probably has enough space inside for about 50 or so suttons seed packets I should think. It comes with 20 seeds which include the following:

Love-in-a-Mist

Microgreens
Dill
Cape Gooseberry
Cucumber Cetriolo Marketer
Tomato Gardener's Delight (I can recommend these!)
Marrow
Capsicum Chilli

A great range of seeds and it makes a lovely gift.

Castle Clash: Age of Legends
Castle Clash: Age of Legends

1.0 out of 5 stars PARENTS BEWARE OF THIS GAME, 2 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Castle Clash: Age of Legends (App)
Parents of younger children should note that this game has a private messaging functionality which means that complete strangers could be chatting to your kids unbeknown to you.

There appears to be no way to remove this private message feature so we are deleting the game to be on the safe side.

It's not appropriate for minors to play when there are all kinds of creeps out there. You have no idea who your kids might be talking to on this and what the other person's motivations might be - good or bad.

I will make sure that games downloaded in future have none of this functionality.

Shame because otherwise it seems a good game. But parents should be able to block the private chat if they want to.

L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renew Advanced Restoring Night Cream - 50 ml
L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renew Advanced Restoring Night Cream - 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick, Luxurious Cream Perfect for Overnight Use, 27 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using this at night in conjunction with L'Oreal Paris Age Prefect Cell Renew Advanced Restoring Golden Serum - 30 ml for daytime use.

This one comes in a nice jar. Although I love the pump action bottle I use in the daytime which makes it fast and easy to put the cream on, I don't mind using a jar for night time use. I'm not in a rush at night as I am in the morning and having a nice jar is not only nostalgic of watching my mum put her cream on but also is much more suited to a thick cream like this. It means I'll be able to get every last bit out!

I've been using this for around 4 weeks and have used about half. The cream is a nice pale apricot shade and it feels thick and luxurious when you sweep some out. It is quite rich and you don't need loads to cover your face and neck area. This one takes a little more rubbing to sink into your skin but that is what I'd expect with a night cream.

Fragrance wise it does have a scent but due to the fact that I cannot smell much I can't detect much there so that's fine.

I'm very happy with the results after four weeks of using this combined with the serum. I've been especially targeting the wrinkles around my eye area and they do appear to have softened which I am happy about. Photo is attached. Nothing is a miracle cure and I'm not expecting my wrinkles to vanish but they definitely seem less noticeable so I'm very happy with that.

The only very slight niggle I have is that I found it very hard to get the lid back on once I'd used the cream and my hands were a little slippy. So now I scoop out the cream and put it on the back of one hand which means I can put the lid back on first and then rub it into my face and then hands.

After using these two products I'm very impressed with L'Oreal mainly because my skin is very sensitive and I've spent most of my life avoiding products to put on my face. These have caused no dreaded reactions and have improved the dry areas of skin as well as making my wrinkly bits look better - at least to me.

L'Oreal Paris Age Prefect Cell Renew Advanced Restoring Golden Serum - 30 ml
L'Oreal Paris Age Prefect Cell Renew Advanced Restoring Golden Serum - 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Pump Dispenser Lovely and Light on My Sensitive Skin, 27 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using this product for daytime use on my face along with L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renew Advanced Restoring Night Cream - 50 ml for nighttime use.

My skin is very sensitive and I am wary of using products on my face because of this and never wear make up. My skin has always tended towards being dry which can make it prone to soreness in the winter months particularly.

I've been using this daily for around a month and have used about half the bottle which I think is good going. I love the fact it comes with a pump action because I don't have a lot of time in the mornings to be fiddling around with lids. It does not have a strong scent to me but I don't have a strong sense of smell either so while I can't make much scent out - perhaps others can. The cream (serum) is very light and rubs easily all around my face.

I've been using it predominantly to target the wrinkles around my eyes and after 4 weeks I am very happy to see that they do look less pronounced. I don't expect any cream to get rid of wrinkles but I do think that this has softened how they look for sure and have attached a photo of the results. My skin looks lighter in the second photo due to the lighting levels in the room when I took the photo - it's definitely not a skin lightening cream and nor does it get rid of my freckles :)

Overall I am really happy with this product. It is easy and quick to use, it hasn't upset my sensitive skin and I like the results.

Bomb Cosmetics More Amour Gift Pack
Bomb Cosmetics More Amour Gift Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Scented Bath Pamper Set, 9 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's yet to be a bomb cosmetics set that I'm disappointed in. This one looks very cute with the pink paper and lipstick kisses design and you can smell it as soon as you open the Amazon packaging up. I love the powerful scent you get from the box and it makes an awesome looking gift to yourself or someone else - especially if they happen to love all things pink!

This one comes with an assortment of goodies including 2 bath bombs, a creamer, a soap and some body butter. I've tried loads of their bombs / bath blasters before (my tip is to dunk them in the bath and remove halfway through fizzing so you get two uses from them instead of one) but I've never tried their body butter and I really enjoyed having that - it felt lovely an moisturizing on my skin but it comes with some flecks of glitter which may or not be a bad thing but it's probably better to wear it when you're going out and want to look/feel good.

I love the fact that the soap and body butter can last for a lot longer than the bombs and creamer so this makes a great choice and I'll be looking for their body butters again when choosing a bomb cosmetics set.

Bomb Cosmetics Love Cloud Bath Gift Set
Bomb Cosmetics Love Cloud Bath Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Love Cloud Bath Bomb and Soap Set, 6 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of bomb cosmetics goodies - the packages always seem to smell so good. I love the fact that they come gift wrapped already which makes them very easy to buy and give and especially if you are short on time.

This love cloud set was no exception. In fact I think it has been the cutest set I've had so far and perhaps because I really like pink. I like the fact that this set had 4 good sized bath bombs/melts and just one soap. I enjoy the bath bombs more than the soaps personally.

To make my bombs last longer (works with the larger round balls) I pop them in the bath, let them fizz or disperse for a while and then take them out and pop onto a wet wipe so they don't stain our wood chest. Mine last for a couple of baths that way although of course you get less scent and pampering oils etc so its a bit of a trade off. I'd get this set again.

Plain Chiffon Scarf Lovely Colour (Black)
Plain Chiffon Scarf Lovely Colour (Black)
Offered by Mirror Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Fine Black Scarf Just as Described and Pictured, 22 Oct. 2015
I'm very pleased with this. It was a really great value black chiffon scarf. Another reviewer said it was very small but the size is right there listed for everyone in the product description. It's exactly as pictured and the size matches up with the description. It's a very fine and see through scarf. Mine is in perfect condition and well sewn around all the edges. Very happy with it. I would definitely buy other colors from this range if I want another one.

Fitted BANDANA Black
Fitted BANDANA Black
Offered by Vivana-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Dressing Up as Dread Pirate Roberts, 22 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Fitted BANDANA Black (Apparel)
I bought this for dressing up as the Dread Pirate Roberts from the Princess Bride for a Halloween party.

ON THE FIT: I didn't want to spend a huge deal of money for a one-off costume so this was great value. The fit is perfect for me but note that I have a small female head size and so it may be a tight fit for an adult man's head.

THE MATERIAL: It is cotton but a very thin cotton fabric and you can see through it when you hold it up. It looks fine when it is on my head.

THE FINISH: The finish is OK and perfectly fine for a Halloween costume. It's all sewn together well. There are some thread ends that need snipping off to neaten and some areas of stitching that are a bit clumsy. Whether it will stand up to a lot of washing, I'm not entirely sure. For my needs it is more than good enough.

OVERALL: I'm very pleased with it.

Hadopots 3L Polythene Plant Pots (Pack of 50)
Hadopots 3L Polythene Plant Pots (Pack of 50)
Offered by Brilliant Buys (VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hadopots Convert! Easy to Store and Use, 16 Oct. 2015
I started using Hadopots bags this year and have bought them in a variety of sizes to suit different stages of planting. I've used them for flowers and vegetables but mostly for growing veg in.

EASY STORAGE: These come folded flat so it is very easy to store these and I keep them in some plastic drawers inside my polytunnel so they're ready to use when needed. They take up much less space than purchasing a bulk load of plastic pots.

GREAT VALUE: They work out at great value getting 50 at a time. And because I do a lot of container growing and growing vegetables in pots, these are ideal.

YOU CAN RE-USE: Made of a thick black plastic, these are pretty durable. I haven't managed to tear or split one yet and I wouldn't say I've been exactly careful with them. They are easy to re-use - just give them a rinse out, allow to dry and then fold flat again in storage.

I guess the main problem for a newbie is working out the sizes you need. I advise reading the descriptions of each one which gives you the height and diameter - that way you can relate them to ordinary plant pots better. I bought a selection of sizes when starting out so I would be able to pick the most suitable option as needed. You can also buy a variety pack which may be a good idea when starting out.

Mine have been used indoor and out. I grew a successful batch of turnips (in a larger size) as well as lollo rossa lettuce, some hollyhocks which I grew from seed and then grew on in hadopots until they were big enough to plant out. Right now my polytunnel is full of these pots and a variety of leafy veges growing well. They have largish holes in the bottom so do be aware that when you water, a lot of water can soak back out again. Also the size of the holes in the bottom mean a bit of compost spillage when you initially fill the bags (tip to do this over a container so you don't waste any compost) - again this has not been an issue for me just an observation.

I'm attaching a photo of my pots with some Tatsoi and Choy Sum growing. These pots have been placed in a large wire basket for easy moving around. They other good thing about the bags is that you can squeeze them better into places - unlike normal pots which are rigid and you are stuck with the size they are. The bags can be squeezed and shaped at the bottom to fit into holders etc. Very, very pleased.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20