Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop Fire Shop now
Profile for Marie > Reviews

Content by Marie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 232

Marie "mariej30" (East Anglia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bomb Cosmetics More Amour Gift Pack
Bomb Cosmetics More Amour Gift Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Scented Bath Pamper Set, 9 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's yet to be a bomb cosmetics set that I'm disappointed in. This one looks very cute with the pink paper and lipstick kisses design and you can smell it as soon as you open the Amazon packaging up. I love the powerful scent you get from the box and it makes an awesome looking gift to yourself or someone else - especially if they happen to love all things pink!

This one comes with an assortment of goodies including 2 bath bombs, a creamer, a soap and some body butter. I've tried loads of their bombs / bath blasters before (my tip is to dunk them in the bath and remove halfway through fizzing so you get two uses from them instead of one) but I've never tried their body butter and I really enjoyed having that - it felt lovely an moisturizing on my skin but it comes with some flecks of glitter which may or not be a bad thing but it's probably better to wear it when you're going out and want to look/feel good.

I love the fact that the soap and body butter can last for a lot longer than the bombs and creamer so this makes a great choice and I'll be looking for their body butters again when choosing a bomb cosmetics set.

Bomb Cosmetics Love Cloud Bath Gift Set
Bomb Cosmetics Love Cloud Bath Gift Set
Offered by 123Hairandbeauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Love Cloud Bath Bomb and Soap Set, 6 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of bomb cosmetics goodies - the packages always seem to smell so good. I love the fact that they come gift wrapped already which makes them very easy to buy and give and especially if you are short on time.

This love cloud set was no exception. In fact I think it has been the cutest set I've had so far and perhaps because I really like pink. I like the fact that this set had 4 good sized bath bombs/melts and just one soap. I enjoy the bath bombs more than the soaps personally.

To make my bombs last longer (works with the larger round balls) I pop them in the bath, let them fizz or disperse for a while and then take them out and pop onto a wet wipe so they don't stain our wood chest. Mine last for a couple of baths that way although of course you get less scent and pampering oils etc so its a bit of a trade off. I'd get this set again.

Plain Chiffon Scarf Lovely Colour (Black)
Plain Chiffon Scarf Lovely Colour (Black)
Offered by Mirror Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Fine Black Scarf Just as Described and Pictured, 22 Oct. 2015
I'm very pleased with this. It was a really great value black chiffon scarf. Another reviewer said it was very small but the size is right there listed for everyone in the product description. It's exactly as pictured and the size matches up with the description. It's a very fine and see through scarf. Mine is in perfect condition and well sewn around all the edges. Very happy with it. I would definitely buy other colors from this range if I want another one.

Fitted BANDANA Black
Fitted BANDANA Black
Offered by Wendywwoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Dressing Up as Dread Pirate Roberts, 22 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Fitted BANDANA Black (Apparel)
I bought this for dressing up as the Dread Pirate Roberts from the Princess Bride for a Halloween party.

ON THE FIT: I didn't want to spend a huge deal of money for a one-off costume so this was great value. The fit is perfect for me but note that I have a small female head size and so it may be a tight fit for an adult man's head.

THE MATERIAL: It is cotton but a very thin cotton fabric and you can see through it when you hold it up. It looks fine when it is on my head.

THE FINISH: The finish is OK and perfectly fine for a Halloween costume. It's all sewn together well. There are some thread ends that need snipping off to neaten and some areas of stitching that are a bit clumsy. Whether it will stand up to a lot of washing, I'm not entirely sure. For my needs it is more than good enough.

OVERALL: I'm very pleased with it.

Hadopots 3L Polythene Plant Pots (Pack of 50)
Hadopots 3L Polythene Plant Pots (Pack of 50)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hadopots Convert! Easy to Store and Use, 16 Oct. 2015
I started using Hadopots bags this year and have bought them in a variety of sizes to suit different stages of planting. I've used them for flowers and vegetables but mostly for growing veg in.

EASY STORAGE: These come folded flat so it is very easy to store these and I keep them in some plastic drawers inside my polytunnel so they're ready to use when needed. They take up much less space than purchasing a bulk load of plastic pots.

GREAT VALUE: They work out at great value getting 50 at a time. And because I do a lot of container growing and growing vegetables in pots, these are ideal.

YOU CAN RE-USE: Made of a thick black plastic, these are pretty durable. I haven't managed to tear or split one yet and I wouldn't say I've been exactly careful with them. They are easy to re-use - just give them a rinse out, allow to dry and then fold flat again in storage.

I guess the main problem for a newbie is working out the sizes you need. I advise reading the descriptions of each one which gives you the height and diameter - that way you can relate them to ordinary plant pots better. I bought a selection of sizes when starting out so I would be able to pick the most suitable option as needed. You can also buy a variety pack which may be a good idea when starting out.

Mine have been used indoor and out. I grew a successful batch of turnips (in a larger size) as well as lollo rossa lettuce, some hollyhocks which I grew from seed and then grew on in hadopots until they were big enough to plant out. Right now my polytunnel is full of these pots and a variety of leafy veges growing well. They have largish holes in the bottom so do be aware that when you water, a lot of water can soak back out again. Also the size of the holes in the bottom mean a bit of compost spillage when you initially fill the bags (tip to do this over a container so you don't waste any compost) - again this has not been an issue for me just an observation.

I'm attaching a photo of my pots with some Tatsoi and Choy Sum growing. These pots have been placed in a large wire basket for easy moving around. They other good thing about the bags is that you can squeeze them better into places - unlike normal pots which are rigid and you are stuck with the size they are. The bags can be squeezed and shaped at the bottom to fit into holders etc. Very, very pleased.
Comment Comment | Permalink

QuickBooks Pro 2016 (PC)
QuickBooks Pro 2016 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems Good Accounts Software for Small Businesses, 16 Oct. 2015
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2016 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've never used any software like this before and it has been used by my husband who wanted some basic accounting software for home use instead of using his own methods so we don't have any previous experience of using software or anything to compare it with. I can only go on how it has been for us as complete beginners to set it up and start to use it.

It was easy to install with a CD and an installation code provided and there were no problems. The interface seems well thought out and it is easy to get to the different sections that you might need down the left hand navigation panel. There are many sections that we will never probably use including employees and VAT etc. So you could say that a lot of what this software is capable of is very wasted on us as basic home users - however, if you were a small business and there was a good chance of expansion then this would likely be ideal.

There is a like a quick start wizard option which my husband used on setting it up. As a new user that helped. And then there are tutorials available in a learning center to make use of as and when you need to which is very helpful to beginners. He is still getting used to it.

Personally I would rather stick to just a simple spreadsheet for my own accounting needs. I think this software is probably good if you have more to keep track of in terms of multiple customers and employees etc but overkill if all you need is a simple money in and out system. A bit hard to give a fair review because I don't think we are the ideal target market for this particular product.

Heathcote & Ivory Gardeners Tea Break Hand Essentials - Wash, Cream, Brush & Mug set

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Little Gardening Theme Mug Gift Set, 16 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely little 4 part set which I think makes for a very nice looking gift ideal for Christmas or a birthday. It looks exactly as it is pictured. What you can't see in the photo is how robust the mug is and it is has a nice thickness to it and feels substantial and well made - exactly the type of mug ideal to take out in the garden as you work. The mug has a nice glossy sheen to it.

Inside the mug is a little tube (50ml) of an exfoliating hand wash, another tube (50ml) of shea butter hand cream and a nail brush. The tubes you see in the photo are placed right at the top of the mug so they are not much bigger than you see in the photo as the lids are just hidden under the rim of the mug - just so you're aware. Think trial size and you're not far wrong.

The hand cream feels really lovely as you put it on and you don't need a very big amount of it which is good because that means the tube should last a while. It rubs into the skin and has a very mild scent which will hardly be noticeable once rubbed in. It smells a little citrus like to me and it does have lemon and orange essential oils in along with other ingredients. Because the scent is so mild its not likely to be off-putting to anyone receiving it. The hand wash has the same scent and is mildly exfoliating as you rub it around your hands.

Perhaps the weakest of the set is the nail brush which looks like wood but I'm not sure that it is and the bristles are just rather cheap looking ones. On a set like this it would be nice if they could have something just a bit more substantial for the nail brush.

Overall, I'd be very happy if I had received this as a present or gift from someone. I don't think I'd feel disappointed. It looks lovely as a package and the individual parts are all useful. I really love the mug which holds a nice big cup of tea and am happily using the hand wash and cream. Even the nail brush has come in useful for getting stubborn bits of compost out of my nails after potting up plants in my polytunnel. I would probably award it 4.5 out of 5 if I was able as it's not 100% perfect but almost.

Bose ® Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System - Black
Bose ® Companion 50 Multimedia Speaker System - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Movie Watching Experience You Can Get at Home, 28 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had intended to use these as computer speakers for which they are ideally sized and would look perfect set up this way. However, once they arrived and I saw they looked far better style wise than I was expecting, we decided to hook them up to the TV and see what that was like instead. Perhaps if we had a huge TV then the small speakers would look out of place but ours is more of a standard 32" and they looked fine next to it. You can get an idea of that sizing with the photo supplied which was taken from testing the kit out.

We had some very old speakers which we never bothered using instead of the inbuilt TV speakers since the sound quality wasn't any real improvement and I did wonder if this would be the same. But as soon as we got this rigged up and switched on, testing it with one of The Lord of the Rings movies, we were pretty wowed by the rich sound. It really is excellent if you love watching movies for a much more cinematic like experience. We love movies and particularly ones with great soundtracks so these speakers are the bomb. We've used them with music channels too where they are also good and they can also make regular TV shows sound good but we don't normally switch them on just for that. For watching movies though I can't imagine not having them since they absolutely enhance the watching of films. Brilliant and thrilled with these.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2015 5:38 PM BST

E-One 1500eEURDBLK Electronic Combination Padlock
E-One 1500eEURDBLK Electronic Combination Padlock

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Protecting Items in a Shared Household or Uni Accomodation, 29 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good electronic lock which has some drawbacks to it which limit how you can actually make the best use of it. You cannot use it outside or anywhere which may be steamy or wet because it is an electronic lock and wet may damage it. So this is for indoor use only which is a shame because there are loads of things where this may have a better use outside like to lock bikes up etc.

Since this can only be used indoors, it may have the biggest appeal to students living in shared University or college accommodation or for people who are living in a shared household and want a way to lock up and secure some valuables. Another potential use is for gym lockers or lockers at work or uni.

I love the fact that this works with up to 4 different codes so it can be shared by a group of people who can each remember their own code to unlock it. A master code can be saved online so you can access that via a website should you forget the code and lock yourself out. Most people carry smart phones with them which makes this an easy task. I like the idea of this but I think it would be more useful to people (like students in particular) who may well have a strong reason to lock things away. So it seems to be a good device (would be far better if it was made for outdoors too) that can be useful to a limited amount of people.

Dettol Anti-Bacterial Mould and Mildew Remover 750 ml - Pack of 3
Dettol Anti-Bacterial Mould and Mildew Remover 750 ml - Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Brilliantly on Surface Mould and Grime, 24 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We live in a very old house which has walls that are prone to damp and we've also been flooded as well which doesn't exactly help. We've got some really stubborn areas in the home where we get some dark, black patches that appear from time to time and this spray has been brilliant at removing those.

I think you're not supposed to use this on painted surfaces but our walls are just white or cream and it's not good to just leave black mould to fester so on this gets sprayed. I also use it to keep the bathroom grouting and tiles super clean. It works brilliantly and is a cheap way to instantly remove grimy, mouldy stains and patches completely.

The only negative thing with this spray is that it has a strong and unpleasant smell of bleach - understandable since it needs to be strong stuff to work well. I always open the windows wide before I start to use this and leave them open for a while after as well.

It works and I wouldn't bother to try anything else because it really does the job so well. I like that you just spray on, wait a bot and then wipe off. There's no hard scrubbing involved. The spray does the hard work for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20