Profile for Crafty Marie > Reviews

Content by Crafty Marie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 237

Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Braun Series 3 380-3 Electric Rechargeable Wet & Dry Male Foil Shaver
Braun Series 3 380-3 Electric Rechargeable Wet & Dry Male Foil Shaver
Offered by harrymccolltrading

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Gift and Nice Shaver, 22 Sept. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this shaver for my husband. Both the packaging and the shaver itself look very smart.

My husband is very pleased overall with the shaver and loves the fact that he can simply shave whilst having a shower to save time. This is a massive plus point from his perspective - no more having to make separate time just to have a shave.

Hubby has sensitive skin and this shaver is fine for him, not causing any irritation.

The only reason this is getting 4 stars instead of 5 is because it apparently still does not give as close a shave as a manual wet-shave razor blade. But other than that it's a very good and competant product.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Cover, Hot Pink (only fits Kindle Keyboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars LIGHT FOR YOUR KINDLE - ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!, 8 Sept. 2010
Here are my pros and cons regarding the Amazon Kindle Lighted Cover:

Pros:

* Comes in a great selection of eye-popping colours - I chose hot pink!
* Beautifully constructed, real leather, neat stitching, gold-plated hinges
* Very strong and feels sturdy enough to protect the screen
* Thick elastic band holds the entire case closed and secures Kindle inside
* Light anytime, anywhere - no need for batteries, just a charged Kindle as it runs off the Kindle battery
* Bright enough to read in a totally dark room - great for not disturbing a sleeping partner or a baby!
* Light turns off when your Kindle goes into sleep mode, thus saving draining your amazingly long-life Kindle battery

Cons:

* It is a pricey accessory (although I'd weigh up the convenience you're getting)
* It will add extra weight onto your lightweight Kindle - people who have both lighted and unlighted covers say the weight difference is virtually nil between the two but perhaps you'd prefer a lightweight slip cover
* The light is not spread evenly across the whole screen - the bottom of the screen is slightly darker. This doesn't bother me at all but it may annoy you

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY KINDLE-LICIOUS!, 6 Sept. 2010
I'm not new to ereaders - I've had quite a few including the Sony Touch Reader which I ended up having to return because the readability of the screen was well below par. My favourite ereader was the Kindle 2 so I could not wait for the latest Kindle to arrive to see how this was hopefully better.

WEIGHT: It feels as really light to hold, in fact it feels a little too light for me personally so I was glad to have a cover for it just to give it some substance. There should be no issues about holding it up in one hand to read.

SCREEN: The screen is a pale shade of grey (a fraction lighter than my Kindle 2 international) and the text is very dark and crisp - a real joy to read on. It is as easy to read as printed paper to be honest. The real joy is reading outdoors or in a window that gets lots of light because natural light is where the Kindle performs amazingly well. For dimly lit rooms, you would need a light on - the same as you would with reading a normal paper book.

PAGE TURNING: The page turn buttons are easy for me to press (I use the side of my thumbs) and are a lot quieter than on the Kindle 2 - not quite silent but certainly getting there. It's great to have a back page button on the left side as well as the right which was missing on the Kindle 2! Page turns seem very speedy and now the Kindle can really keep up with my reading speed.

WEB: Browsing websites online is a far better experience with the new Kindle. There are many websites which I couldn't view with my K2 that I can now use with the new Kindle. It's not as great as viewing the web with a PC or even a smartphone but very useful all the same. I can also easily access my gmail email account using the mobile version of their website where I can read my email and write new ones. Mobile websites are a lot easier to view but check out the article mode on the new kindle when viewing larger websites - this can be very useful.

3G OR NOT TO 3G? The wifi only version is a fantastic price but, for me, it was worth the extra to get 3G. We don't have tons of wifi hotspots in the UK like the USA so if you do a fair bit of travelling then the 3G can be very useful for checking emails, limited web browsing and buying books on the fly. Today we lost our electricity for the day which meant no wifi - so the 3G was a fantastic thing to have just to check my emails and my favourite forums etc.

It's a wonderful product - I loved my Kindle 2 but this one is a lot better. So I don't think too many people could be genuinely disappointed with it. If you love reading, Kindle is the way to go.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2010 10:04 AM BST

Zotrim Herbal Weight Loss Aid 90+90 Tablets
Zotrim Herbal Weight Loss Aid 90+90 Tablets
Offered by Best4Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Losing Weight but is it the tablets?, 24 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After about a week of usage I have lost a few pounds.

However, I am unsure as to whether this is due to the fact that the leaflet tells you to drink a full glass of water with a couple of tablets before each main meal. After drinking a full cup (which is something I would not normally do) I do feel rather full and thus eat less of my main meals.

So it is hard to say whether the actual tablets are helping or whether just the process of drinking water before you eat is helping - or indeed both.

But I'm pleased that i seem to be starting to lose weight so therefore give the product a generous 4 stars for now!

The Taste of Sorrow
The Taste of Sorrow
by Jude Morgan

4.0 out of 5 stars A good yarn but the title is right!, 24 Jun. 2010
This review is from: The Taste of Sorrow (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book for my mother who is fascinated by the Brontė sisters so this seemed entirely appropriate.

My mum loved it and passed it on to me. I have to say that it wasn't my cup of tea because as the title so aptly says "A Taste of Sorrow" and yes it is rather bleak and depressing! This suited my mother perfectly but I'm very different and prefer books which are very upbeat.

So perfect as a gift (in my case) but not something which I care to read myself.

I Can Draw At The Shops
I Can Draw At The Shops
by Simon Abbott
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD WIPE CLEAN BOARD BOOK, 17 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good wipe-clean board book - my daughter (3) loves wipe clean activity books full stop and they last and last unlike paper activity books.

This one was just ok for us. It doesn't have a great deal of pages to it and I think it is limited in what it is asking the child to do - copy a picture. Perhaps my daughter is too young to get the copying concept as she gets bored quite quickly and then just scribbles. So maybe it is better for an older child or for a child who really wants to learn to draw.

I also think it a little pricey for what it is. And personally for a little extra I would recommend My Big Activity Work Book [With 2 Wipe-Clean Pens] which has simply tons of pages (56) and is packed full of activities which are also educational - tracing letters, numbers, shapes, basic addition, 4x4 sudoku and dot-to-dots. My daughter cannot do all of this but can certainly do quite a bit with the bonus that there is a lot more to last her another couple of years.

Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 8
Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 8

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL FOR TRADITIONAL CARD-MAKERS TOO!, 17 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been making cards for the past 10 years and enjoy the process of layering up different papers and embellishments onto a card. So I'll admit I was curious about this product and also a little bit dubious as to whether I would get much use out of it because I love traditional card-making so much.

However, with the steeply rising postal prices, it works out a lot cheaper to send flat cards rather then 3-D embellished ones in the post and also with the added bonus of being able to send cards via email which does away with postal costs altogether. So there were some reasons for me wanting to try the software out.

It took a little while to install and I think you do need a fair bit of free disk space to fully install everything. Once it was up and running, I decided to make a thank you card so I chose a template to start with of which there are simply loads and loads to choose from. I used the base template and then added on (using a very easy side menu) all the embellishments I would normally add onto a traditional paper card - corners, ribbon, bows, brads and layered paper etc. The choice of additions was fantastic and it pretty much worked how I am used to creating cards by hand - but without any mess!!!

My first "card" was a success and I've since made many more cards including a Father's Day card which I normally struggle to come up with any ideas for.

I don't think it will completely replace my normal paper crafting because sometimes I do like the tactileness of getting stuck in to a craft project. But I certainly think that this is the way I will be making the majority of my cards from now on especially as I have a toddler and am always pushed for time as it is. It's just so much quicker, the results are excellent and I could just be totally lazy and use a template as it is if I wanted to.

I would really urge people to give this a try - even if you are a traditional card-maker like I have been.

Transparent Dutch Premium
Transparent Dutch Premium

4.0 out of 5 stars Professional Language Learning, 18 May 2010
This review is from: Transparent Dutch Premium (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With this audio course, I copied the audio files onto my ipod touch mp3 player so I could easily listen to them whilst travelling. I should just about pick up enough for our holiday later this year. Even if I fall asleep, I feel that it's going in subconsciously too.

I've actually used the audio files more than the computer product which is based on both visual and audio learning. The computer side seems very polished but I have less time personally to sit at a PC and so for me it is easier to listen to the files while I'm on the move.

From what I've read, Dutch is a good second language to learn if English is your first language. And this is because it is apparently closest to our native tongue.

Of course most Dutch speak English - especially the younger generation who are geared for the tourist trade. But I always think it's nice to be able to show a genuine interest in the country you're visiting.

A good and relaxed way to learn.

Omron Walking Style Pro Pedometer (Old Version)
Omron Walking Style Pro Pedometer (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PEDOMETERS - BRILLIANT FOR AEROBIC WORKOUTS, 15 April 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had so many different pedometers but I have to say that Omron really make the best. In fact, it is the ONLY pedometer I have found which can accurately count my aerobic steps and not just walking steps.

The extra safety clip is fantastic as it means you won't drop or lose your pedometer as I have with cheaper versions which can too easily ping off the top of your trouser band or pocket.

If you do aerobics, this is a brilliant pedometer as it will show your aerobic steps separately from your walking steps so you can keep track of the exercise you are doing. On the pedometer screen itself you can see a week's worth of stored data. But if you plug it into your PC, you can keep track of your progress over time using the supplied software which is a fantastic idea.

Don't waste money buying cheaper pedometers as you will be unsatisfied with them. This is my second Omron pedometer that I've bought (old one has been given to hubby) and I love it. It's the best you will get.

Wheels on the Bus Go Round the World (BBC Audio)
Wheels on the Bus Go Round the World (BBC Audio)
by British Broadcasting Corporation
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG HIT WITH MY 3 YEAR OLD, 15 April 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This CD was a massive hit with my 3 year old - even to the point where she asks to put this CD on instead of the television.

At 40 mins in length and with 25 fairly well-known songs, it is tremendously good value for money.

The style of the music I find to be quite bizarre. Each song is played in a different style which is supposed to reflect music around the world. Some of the songs I find hilarious but my daughter sings and dances along as if it's the latest pop music. Hubby and I both agree that we prefer the songs played in a traditional style and not jazzed up as they have been here.

But even though I don't love it myself, it isn't irritating to listen to and my daughter loves it. So I rate it based on what she thinks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19