Profile for Names_87 > Reviews

Names_87

Black Lies
Black Lies

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Black Lies (Kindle Edition)
What can I say? This book was absolutely incredible. It popped up on my 'recommended for you' suggestions on Amazon, and after reading the reviews I figured I had nothing to lose. I was right. So pleased I read this. It was the first book I've tried from this author and certainly won't be the last.
I don't want to say too much in regards to the story line as I don't want to give anything away, but what I will say is whatever it is you are expecting - forget it. Also if you have any doubts forget those too and buy this book. You won't regret it. It had the perfect combination of story, emotion (I did get a little teary eyed towards the end) and sex. And I can pretty much guarantee that when you aren't reading this it will play on your mind.
Very clever writing and an absolute pleasure to read. Thanks Alessandra for an epic story.

Redemption (The Captive Series Book 5)
Redemption (The Captive Series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 10 Jun. 2014
I had been so excited about reading this book as I am a massive fan of the first four in the series, and I was more than a little excited when this bad boy showed up on my kindle at midnight after pre-ordering it.
It's been a while since the last book but it was worth the wait.
I struggled to put it down from start to finish and I am a little gutted I finished it so quick.
I loved how most of the characters from the first books were back in this and it was great learning more about Jack and how he came about the rebellion and his close relationship to David.
I seriously can't wait for the next book (I hope there will be another).
All in all a great addition to the series.

King for a Day (The King Trilogy, Book 2)
King for a Day (The King Trilogy, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 18 May 2014
I purchased this book straight after finishing the first as I loved it so much.
Mia is trying to find a way to escape the clutches of the 10 club after King disappears and it becomes apparent that all his belongings will be repossessed if he fails to follow through on outstanding 'deals'. Realizing she is considered King 's possession she begins to try and complete King 's loose ends.
I found myself totally wrapped up in this book from start to finish, and enjoyed it's twists and turns. I was especially a fan of the 'heads in jars' and couldn't help but chuckle whenever they were mentioned. I'm also a big fan of Mack and think he deserves a series of his own!
I enjoyed learning more about King in this book - what he is and how he became that way.
All in all this was a great book and I am seriously desperate for the last instalment. Let's just say it ends on a cliff - hanger!

King's (The King Trilogy, Book 1)
King's (The King Trilogy, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 15 May 2014
I absolutely loved this book! It is the first I have read by this author but will certainly not be the last. I decided to give the book a try after it popped up on the 'recommended' section on my kindle, and boy am I glad I did.
The story is fast moving and completely gripping from start to finish. I found myself so intrigued with what/who King is and am absolutely desperate to start the second book.
This book kept me enthralled throughout and I found myself laughing at times and on the edge of my seat at others. It literally has it all.
Overall it was a fantastic read and I would recommend it to everyone. Don't miss out!

Salvation (The Captive Series Book 4)
Salvation (The Captive Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Salvation, 24 Mar. 2014
Well, what can I say? There is no way for me to describe how much I enjoyed this book and the series as a whole.
I was absolutely engrossed from start to finish. The story had me on edge several times, and more than a little emotional throughout.
I found that the characters of this series were so well thought out and everything flowed perfectly.
This book was incredible and the perfect finish to an epic series. I cannot recommend it enough and I know I will read the series many more times, and will always savour the joy that reading it brings to me. Thank you for such amazing books Erica.

Renegade (The Captive Series Book 2)
Renegade (The Captive Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Renegade, 20 Mar. 2014
This book is fantastic, the perfect follow up from the first book.
I was desperate for Braith and Aria to come across each other again after she escaped the palace, and found that their reunion didn't disappoint in the slightest.
I love how protective Braith is over Aria and thoroughly enjoyed how their relationship progresses.
I found Ashby made the book complete, and having read though these books before I can say he is one of my favourite characters of the series.
A highly recommended read.

Refugee (The Captive Series Book 3)
Refugee (The Captive Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Refugee, 20 Mar. 2014
Outstanding! I found this instalment of the series very emotional.
Whilst gathering support for the coming war Aria and Braith's relationship develops and intensifies as they are thrust into perilous situations.
Their bond gets stronger throughout until Aria is faced with a heart wrenching decision.
I found myself glued to this book from start to finish and the ending leads perfectly onto the forth. Even though it is the second time of reading through this series it is equally as amazing, if not more so, than the first time I read it. A absolute joy to read. Highly recommended.

Captured (The Captive Series Book 1)
Captured (The Captive Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Captured, 13 Mar. 2014
I have recently finished this book for a second time after deciding to go back through the entire series. I don't usually leave reviews, but decided that I wanted to considering how much I love this story.
I found it almost impossible to put the book down from start to finish (even reading it the second time). The relationship between Braith and Arianna is so beautiful and touching and the author describes their thoughts and feelings so in depth. It's one of those stories where your always desperate to know what will happen next between the main characters.
The story was gripping from start to finish and filled with both ups and downs which keep you engrossed throughout. It doesn't lack anything and I found myself loving to hate Braith's evil brother Caleb.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys vampire romances, it is simply a must. Fantastic read and truly addictive. Perfectly written.

After Eden (Fallen Angels Book 1)
After Eden (Fallen Angels Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 1 Jan. 2013
I was hooked on this book straight away, and barely managed to tear myself away from it. I found the characters really interesting and likeable, especially Forneus and Oz and was always keen to find out what happened next. There were several laugh out loud moments and it was just generally a pleasure to read. I've already started reading the second book and am equally hooked. Just hope I can find more books like this one out there. Excellent read!