Profile for Loops > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Time Ship (Book One): A Page-Turning Action & Adventure Thriller
Time Ship (Book One): A Page-Turning Action & Adventure Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Pieces of Eight, 12 July 2016
Interesting book - I like the idea. The dialogue made me smile sometimes - eg the captain from 1699 at one point says 'Okay'. I'm no history boffin, but fairly certain they didn't say 'okay' back then. Having said that, the scientific info in the earlier part of the book seems like Ian Irvine has done his homework; although some of the situations could do with tweaking - there was a point early on when the scientists were discussing the possible hurricane outcomes and one prof was talking to the other like he was a 1st year student (which was obviously for the readers' benefit); however it would have sounded more realistic if he'd been explaining it to a visiting layman.

People were complaining about feeling duped into reading it, not knowing there was a part 2, but this was made clear at the beginning of the book when I read it (not sure if this was added later on kindle). I'd be happy to pay for part 2 as I got part 1 as a freebie and it wasn't a bad free book - also, I'm interested to know what happens next....

Premier Housewares Silicone Rectangle Baking Tray - Black
Premier Housewares Silicone Rectangle Baking Tray - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Non stick, 12 July 2016
I'd never used a silicone baking tray before and I'm impressed. It truly is non-stick and washes really well in my dishwasher. it's a bit bendy but you just have to be careful (oh and remember not to prod the food with a skewer or sharp knife to see if it's cooked!!). I wasn't sure how hot it would get being silicone, but you definitely need oven gloves. Fairly shallow, but great for things which usually stick badly (like sausage rolls).

Lisa Wool 100% Acrylic Colour orange_11
Lisa Wool 100% Acrylic Colour orange_11
Offered by billikatze5

5.0 out of 5 stars Orange wool that is...very orange!, 12 July 2016
Great colour - very vibrant. Also very soft. Bought for a crochet project and was just what was needed. Delivery very fast too.

GRACE KARIN®Yafex Retro Floral Halter Skater Dress 21Colors Plus Size XS~3XL
GRACE KARIN®Yafex Retro Floral Halter Skater Dress 21Colors Plus Size XS~3XL
Offered by Yafex
Price: £21.43 - £24.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Prom Queen, 12 July 2016
Excellent price. Bought as my daughter's prom dress. We originally bought the large size because although she's usually only about a size 12, the size guide indicated that we'd need a large; however it was much too big and so swapped it for a medium which fitted perfectly. Sending back was no hassle as it was a prime delivery. We also bought an underskirt which you do need really to make the dress stick out in all the right places.

Mudder Magnetic Digital Kitchen Timer with Large LCD Display
Mudder Magnetic Digital Kitchen Timer with Large LCD Display
Offered by Mudder Online UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ear Plugs required, 17 Jun. 2016
Well it works, but I might have to stick some superglue or something in the holes in the back where the sound comes out because it's enough to wake the dead - and although I love watching the Walking Dead, I don't particularly want to be herding them out of my kitchen with a corkscrew and a pizza slice.

ZIOOER Elastic Waistband Digital Print Flared Pleated Casual Skirt Starry Night
ZIOOER Elastic Waistband Digital Print Flared Pleated Casual Skirt Starry Night
Offered by YuLong

2.0 out of 5 stars Nasty, 17 Jun. 2016
I had to send it back - bought for a relative who's only a size 10 - 12 and it was tiny. But apart from anything else, the material was horrible - it was the kind of very man-made, slippy material that you could imagine the rain just running straight off .....which would be great if I was buying a mac, but not so great in a skirt! Not recommended.

Sistema Microwave Soup Mug - 656 ml, Red/Clear
Sistema Microwave Soup Mug - 656 ml, Red/Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Souper, 17 Jun. 2016
This is a great soup mug - no splashing, no bubbling plastic and no (as yet) leaking in my bag on the way to work. Recommended.

Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)
Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Room for improvement, 17 Jun. 2016
This wasn't a particularly great book. There was a feeling of it being rushed and the character development was somewhat sketchy. Having said that, to write a book at all is an achievement and I don't feel comfortable giving someone 2 stars who has taken the time to write any novel as it's better than I've ever done that's for sure. However, I do think that Adam Croft could perhaps try and get himself some more experience of the police force (some of the 'revelations' that Knight made are just basic knowledge that anyone who has ever read a crime novel would know) and spend some more time working on his characters' people skills - eg Culverhouse would have been suspended if he'd really spoken to a victim's family the way he did. I think Adam Croft's books could and should get better and I may purchase one of his later ones to see how he's getting on.

Bonfire Night
Bonfire Night

4.0 out of 5 stars Fireworks!, 21 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Bonfire Night (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the book but unfortunately there were quite a lot of words in the Kindle edition joined together (ie missing a space between them). I'm pretty sure that it would have been picked up during proof reading so I think it must have been when it was transferred onto Kindle. A good story though - worth a read. I've also just downloaded Holiday of the Dead - book of short stories, one of which has been written by Ricki Thomas, so I'm looking forward to reading that too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2016 12:39 PM GMT

The Adventures of Charlie Smithers (The Charlie Smithers Collection Book 1)
The Adventures of Charlie Smithers (The Charlie Smithers Collection Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, 21 Feb. 2016
Amusing in places, sad in places. Worth a read and worth buying the next book in the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8