Profile for Laura > Reviews

Nice 'N' Easy by Loving Care 765 MEDIUM BROWN
Nice 'N' Easy by Loving Care 765 MEDIUM BROWN
Price: 3.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - same packaging as 24 washes, 30 July 2014
Don't do what I did and buy this one thinking it is the 24 wash version! It's the same packaging (same woman's photo on the front) for this one which is only 8 washes. I've ended up paying almost double for what is still basically 24 washes. My own fault for not reading it properly but thought I'd mention it to try and save someone else losing money.

Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Price: 1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 27 May 2014
I think this is James Carol's first novel. I thought it was a pretty interesting version of a crime novel and I liked the fact that it was the UK police with a US expert added which made it a bit different from your usual crime story (he's like a cleaned up, better mannered version of Cracker but with enough baggage to keep him from being boring). I'm looking forward to the next book which I believe is due out later this year.

Brutal Planet: A Zombie Novel
Brutal Planet: A Zombie Novel
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting take on the zombie theme, 27 May 2014
I enjoyed this book. It was your typical apocalypse kind of zombie book to begin with but I felt that it had more depth than a lot of them and more zombie behavioural observation which I enjoyed. I wondered for a while if it was going to be the first in a series but now I don't think it is......although I would be interested to see how things pan out if he did write another, later version. Someone mentioned editing and there are quite a few typos in it, but it's still a good book and worth a read by anyone who likes a good zombie story.

Poppet: Jack Caffery series 6
Poppet: Jack Caffery series 6
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit slow paced at times but still a good read, 8 April 2014
I quite enjoyed this latest instalment of the "Walking Man" series.......although we don't see the Walking Man himself this time. I liked AJ, who works at the hospital that this story centres around - I'd be happy to meet up with him again in another book (I don't suppose she reads all these reviews any more but if she does - I also liked Penny). I felt that the Flea/Caffery scenario did move somewhat and although some people have complained that it is moving too slow, I don't think so. I'm not ready for them to become the UK's answer to Hart to Hart just yet! It seemed shorter than some of her other books but I read it on kindle so that might be why. I do think it is an important book in the series and look forward to the next one.

Classmate Murders (Jim Richards Murder Novels Book 1)
Classmate Murders (Jim Richards Murder Novels Book 1)
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading - Not for the hardcore murder/mystery fan, 25 Mar 2014
I got this as a freebie to try out my new Kindle. It was fairly enjoyable but I did feel as though it was a first novel or something (not sure if it was his first). I felt as though the characters could certainly grow but for now, they were all a bit too shallow. The writing was hurried too; reminded me of when you're a kid and you're writing a story for school and it starts out well but gets lax towards the middle when you get bored of it. Little things I noticed that he could elaborate on to give it more depth, such as when they go to a diner and all he says is that they "ate their food". Stephen King would have told us what they had!

The main characters were supposed to be late 50's early 60's and they were like teenagers - oversexed 58 year old ex-cheerleader; 60 year old guy living in his bedroom in his parents' house, ......could have at least given Jim a bit more credibility and had the house divided up into 2 apartments. Unless Bob Moats really did want him to come across as some kind of 60 year old emo kid? Who knows? The characters could grow though and I hope they do because I think there is room for a 60 year old amateur detective in the literary world. I may read some of the others but probably only if they're doing them free again on Kindle.....which isn't going to boost Bob's bank balance much unfortunately.

ETC Twin LED Light Set
ETC Twin LED Light Set
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for city or town cycling, 12 Nov 2013
I've had these lights for over a year. They are only on the second set of batteries and have been rained on (and snowed on) various times. They are good lights but as I say in my title, only really for city or town cycling (mainly concerning the front light). The back light is fine I guess - you just need to be seen, but the front is not bright enough for seeing the road in front of you. As a light to be seen it's fine but even in the city where I live there are badly lit roads and I am thinking of getting a second, brighter front light for this reason.

Campingaz Camp Bistro
Campingaz Camp Bistro
Price: 10.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and convenient, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Campingaz Camp Bistro (Sports)
These little stoves are great for one pan cooking (or boiling a kettle). We own two of them and used with the addition of a BBQ they're all that we need for a family of four. This one did not come with a gas bottle so you'd need to order them separately.

Word of caution - make sure you fit the gas bottle correctly - the bottles have a notch cut out of them near the nozzle and if you don't line the notch up with the fitting on the stove, the whole thing doesn't work (and you can break your stove if you try to force it). Once when we disconnected it but kept the bottle in the compartment in the stove, the nozzle got pressed and gas was leaking out so we always keep them separate when travelling now.

Daffodil LEC700B - 3 in 1 LED Camping Lantern with 3 Modes - Indoor/Outdoor Light - Powered by 4 x AA Batteries (Included)
Offered by Daffodil UK
Price: 12.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was after, 6 May 2013
The light this lamp gives off is a white (cold) light. It isn't really that bright and not suitable for your main tent light unless you have a very small tent. It's funny how light can affect the place and our tent felt cold and unwelcoming with this light compared to a lamp with a more yellowish glow. It's OK for a reading lamp or as a little extra but I'm still on the look-out for a decent battery operated camping lamp.

Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10 plus Day Cream 50 ml (Packaging May Vary)
Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10 plus Day Cream 50 ml (Packaging May Vary)
Price: 4.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Moisturiser, 27 Mar 2013
I have been using both the day and night cream for about a month. I have used regular Nivea many times over the years but it wasn't doing the job on my mid-40s skin any more and as I had read that this was quite a heavy cream I figured that it was worth a try. It is certainly a heavy cream but it is working a treat on my dry skin this winter, however I think it is definitely a cream for those who either suffer from very dry skin or who are slightly older (in my 30s it would have been too thick for my skin). I was a bit sceptical about the anti-wrinkle thing but I do think my skin is starting to look a bit better on that score too......it's early days yet but I am quite pleased with the whole result....so much so that I just ordered the eye cream :-)

Canon PowerShot A4000 IS Digital Camera - Red (16.0 MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish, 27 Feb 2013
I bought this for someone as a birthday present. It was fine for about 2 months and then the pictures taken started to look very blurry, eventually just being like a 'white-out' with nothing visible. When it was working the photos were never as good as my own Panasonic compact digital camera. I have bought Canon before and they were fine but this just seems like a cheaply made camera. Not worth the money

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5