Profile for Mark Huttley > Reviews

Content by Mark Huttley

Mark Huttley (Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom)

Slow Motion Daydream
Slow Motion Daydream
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars You can rely on Everclear, 13 Mar. 2003
This review is from: Slow Motion Daydream (Audio CD)
When you buy an Everclear CD, you know what you are going to get...a very good mix of post pop indie/grunge/punk. The band have fallen upon a very good formular for making extremely good music that, for the most part is lyrically excellent and musically raw sounding.
If you liked the Songs From an American Movie albums then you will love this one. It's in the same vain as those two excelletn albums, kind of a mix between Sparkle and Fade and So much for the Afterglow...
Best songs on the CD are I want to Die a Beautiful Death, Volvo Driving Soccer Mom, Science Fiction and A Beautiful LIfe. The weakest song is Blackjack.
In conclusion, if you like Everclear and really dis-like the manufactured pop that is doing the rounds now a days then get this album!

World of Noise
World of Noise

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 5 Mar. 2003
This review is from: World of Noise (Audio CD)
I searched near and far for this littel gem of an album, having had everything else that Everclear had ever written, I had to get this, their first album effort (to my knowledge at least). I was amazed at the rawness of it. Amoung my favourite Everclear songs are things such as Pale Green Stars, Unemployed Boyfriend and SHort Blonde Hair, but this album blew me away, very open and honest in the lyrics and very very raw musically.
Favourites on the CD....well just about all of it, however Sick and Tired, Invicible and Fire Maple Song are to me at least the best tracks.
Any self respecting Everclear fan must buy this!

Come Clean
Come Clean

5.0 out of 5 stars Never thought I would say this but...Thank you Fred!!!, 24 May 2002
This review is from: Come Clean (Audio CD)
This album is absolutely great, as an old skool grunger who went on to so calle dnu-metal for a while, this album is one of the best post grunge albums I have heard. The vocals and lyrics are very Nirvana-esque (especially on Nobody told me and She f88888g hates me). I don't think that after about 2 listens I found a single bad song on the entire cd. For once Fred Durst has doen something good since his early years with the Bizkit...keep it up, Puddle of Mudd are going to go far, I think the long waited search for a possible new Nirvana has arrived (strong words, but they are THAT DAMM GOOD).
Any self respecting grunger/rocker/nu-metaller go and buy this NOW, YOU NEED THIS!!!!

The White Road: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 4
The White Road: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 4
by John Connolly

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book, what an author!, 21 Mar. 2002
What can be said about this book, or indeed about the author? This book, the 4th in the Charlie "Bird" Parker is the best book I have read since I read The Killing Kind and Dark Hollow (back to back!) I couldn't put the book down (a bad thing when at work), everything went on hold as I turned page after page. The story? A rollercoaster ride in the typical John Connolly trend, switching from things that happened years before to the present day. Angel and Louis are there, although they don't seem as involved in this one as before, but we do learn more about their past. And then there is Rev. Aaron Faulkner...imprisoned at the end of the last one, now he has been released on bail, the one thing on his mind is retribution, but will he get it?...