Profile for Der Spiess > Reviews

Content by Der Spiess

Der Spiess (Loverly London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
U.S. Forces In Vietnam: 1962-1967 (Militaria Guides)
U.S. Forces In Vietnam: 1962-1967 (Militaria Guides)
by Guillaume Rousseaux
Price: 12.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Ham with you uniform?, 12 May 2014
I hover between a 3 and a 4 star review. Why ,well I'll tell you dear reader, the photos are fine, yes they are a bit oddly set out but the're clear and you can (generally) see the kit. It's the descriptions and the models that let the thing down. The descriptions are short and have little or no real detail. But I forgive that because I know what it all is (and I realise some of you don't) it's the models they look a little "hammy" pulling faces, pretending to smoke cigars, pointing and just generally looking a bit daft all stuff that's totally unnecessary (in my view) that and the fact there a tad untidy and not at all soldierly (untucked, crumpled etc) .
So what's good?
Well: There are plenty of uniforms which get overlooked in other books. For example, medical, a couple of tans and some USAF. So given that it's 8 here in the UK I feel it's worth having.
One other reviewer says get Kevin Lyles book (which I have) I aggree totally BUT that goes for 30+ IF (big IF) you can get a copy so this may not be a second place to that but it's at least on the track.
So in conclusion....Worth owning...oh Yes.
Could it be better....Definatly.
We'll see if part two is any better.

UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT OF U.S. MILITARY A (Schiffer Military History)
UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT OF U.S. MILITARY A (Schiffer Military History)
by Paul W. Miraldi
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good book, 20 Feb 2014
4/5 probably is a tad harsh I really like the book and have poured over it. So why not 5/5 I hear you cry......Well heres the rub, that final star is knocked off because there are a couple of editing errors (shame on Schiffer I say) and more importantly, the word NOTE is mentioned in every caption. Sorry Paul mate. I really find the constant..... "note the M67 puches" or ..."note the 2 quart water bottle" a bit annoying.
That said worth buying and well worth reading.

Creeping Flesh [DVD] [1973] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Creeping Flesh [DVD] [1973] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Christopher Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest, I saw it!, 20 Feb 2014
I'd forgotten this film, whilst remembering the "finger" I'd forgotten the ending (which I won't give away) but safe to say it's cheeky. So the Creeping flesh....does what it says on the tin....it creeps!

Corruption [Blu-ray] [Region Free] [US Import]
Corruption [Blu-ray] [Region Free] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Peter Cushing

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Hack'n-slash!, 20 Feb 2014
What a great film...Sleasy...yes! Cheaply made...Most deffinatly. Well worth owning...I'll say. Peter Cushing is a good guy bad guy in this and all the better for it.
In the end there only one thing to say about this film...Women, can't live with 'em, can't brutally murder them! Or can you?

Still Game - The Complete Series 1-6 Plus Christmas and Hogmanay Specials [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Paul Riley
Price: 15.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy gold, 20 Feb 2014
Hardly anyone I know has heard of still Game and I wonder why is it be cause it's Scots, maybe. But what it most deffinatly is is laught out load funny.

Airborne Forces of the Cold War (G.I.: The Illustrated History of the American Soldier, His Uniform & His Equipment)
by Leroy Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not great, 20 Feb 2014
I bought it cheap but it's not a great book. Fine for the coffee table but don't expect photos that really gell.

Abominable Dr Phibes & Dr Phibes Rises Again [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Vincent Price
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Two for one...my favourite, 20 Feb 2014
Dr Phibes oh you tease...first you die. Then you return like a scabby butterfly. Buy it the films are great although the second is a tad slow.

Twins Of Evil [1971] [DVD]
Twins Of Evil [1971] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Cushing
Price: 10.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy twins, Peter Cushing...... Vampires!, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Twins Of Evil [1971] [DVD] (DVD)
Come on what bloke don't want that. 3rd in the trilogy of films and possibly the best. Sex, Vampires and Peter Cushing. Honestly what more do you want...Jam on it!

Sherlock Holmes - The Definitive Collection (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Sherlock Holmes - The Definitive Collection (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Basil Rathbone
Price: 17.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Basa Rathbone.... the only true Holmes!, 11 Jun 2013
14 films - all really great. If you've never seen any of these (and if you haven't...shame on you) get the set make a brew get a kit Kat (other chocolate bars are available) and enjoy. There only just over an hour so they move along at a right old pace so you don't get a chance to get bored and look out for the "Hoxton 'orror"... (Rondo Haton) Brrrrr scary stuff!

Little Sleepyhead (white noise) baby Sleep CD
Little Sleepyhead (white noise) baby Sleep CD
Offered by babyREFLUX/babySLEEP
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gwantanimo baby......, 11 Jun 2013
Seriously a great CD. But in our house what with the white noise and the sleep deprevation, all me and the wife need now is orange jump suits and brutal guards....that reminds me the mother-in-laws due to visit today......oh the horror!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10