Profile for Der Spiess > Reviews

Content by Der Spiess

Der Spiess (Loverly London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Morphy Richards 46241 Richards Roll Top Bread Bin - Red
Morphy Richards 46241 Richards Roll Top Bread Bin - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Found at the bottom of Buggie cages......, 12 Nov. 2014
The word I was thinking of rhymes with "Grit". It was badly made and had raw sharp edges so I sent it back. Yes, it matches my kettle but it’s not the same quality. Stay well clear…you have been warned!

Roger's Profanisaurus: Das Krapital
Roger's Profanisaurus: Das Krapital
by "

5.0 out of 5 stars Swear-tastic, 3 Nov. 2014
Lets face it why wouldn't you like it there are swear words from start to finish.....it's funny as F.....well you get the idea!

Deutsche Fallschirmjäger im Zweiten Weltkrieg: Grüne Teufel im Sprungeinsatz und Erdkampf 1939-1945
by Franz Kurowski

3.0 out of 5 stars Paper quality issues., 3 Nov. 2014
Plenty of photos but small sized and on ordinary paper so qualitys not great.

Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show - First Series
Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show - First Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Sodding brill cream, no, sodding brillo pads, no, sodding brilliant. You know what I mean. Don't give me that!, 3 Nov. 2014
For those new to the Count. Buy this. The mans a genius a soddin' genius!
(the word sod or sodding comes up quite a lot in these)
6 episodes of word play fun from Britons best loved veriety act.

Tomb of Ligeia & Evening of Edgar Allan Poe [DVD] [1970] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Vincent Price
Offered by supermart_usa

4.0 out of 5 stars The Tomb is a super film, rich in colour, 3 Nov. 2014
There are two items on this disc but only one film. The Tomb is a super film, rich in colour, odd but likeable, and Poe at his best. Corman (director) said he felt this was his best Poe adaptation and I can see why. An evening however is a TV play with Mr Price narrating four stories. There are sets and Mr Price is dressed the part but it is just him. Not what were used to. That said he acts his heart out (literally in the tell tale heart story) but it was a tad disapointing as I was expecting the full works. That said worth having. As always Mr Price (should have been Sir if you ask me).

U.S. Forces In Vietnam: 1962-1967 (Militaria Guides)
U.S. Forces In Vietnam: 1962-1967 (Militaria Guides)
by Guillaume Rousseau

3.0 out of 5 stars Ham with you uniform?, 12 May 2014
I hover between a 3 and a 4 star review. Why ,well I'll tell you dear reader, the photos are fine, yes they are a bit oddly set out but the're clear and you can (generally) see the kit. It's the descriptions and the models that let the thing down. The descriptions are short and have little or no real detail. But I forgive that because I know what it all is (and I realise some of you don't) it's the models they look a little "hammy" pulling faces, pretending to smoke cigars, pointing and just generally looking a bit daft all stuff that's totally unnecessary (in my view) that and the fact there a tad untidy and not at all soldierly (untucked, crumpled etc) .
So what's good?
Well: There are plenty of uniforms which get overlooked in other books. For example, medical, a couple of tans and some USAF. So given that it's £8 here in the UK I feel it's worth having.
One other reviewer says get Kevin Lyles book (which I have) I aggree totally BUT that goes for £30+ IF (big IF) you can get a copy so this may not be a second place to that but it's at least on the track.
So in conclusion....Worth owning...oh Yes.
Could it be better....Definatly.
We'll see if part two is any better.

UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT OF U.S. MILITARY A (Schiffer Military History)
UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT OF U.S. MILITARY A (Schiffer Military History)
by Paul W. Miraldi

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good book, 20 Feb. 2014
4/5 probably is a tad harsh I really like the book and have poured over it. So why not 5/5 I hear you cry......Well heres the rub, that final star is knocked off because there are a couple of editing errors (shame on Schiffer I say) and more importantly, the word NOTE is mentioned in every caption. Sorry Paul mate. I really find the constant..... "note the M67 puches" or ..."note the 2 quart water bottle" a bit annoying.
That said worth buying and well worth reading.

Creeping Flesh [DVD] [1973] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Creeping Flesh [DVD] [1973] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Christopher Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest, I saw it!, 20 Feb. 2014
I'd forgotten this film, whilst remembering the "finger" I'd forgotten the ending (which I won't give away) but safe to say it's cheeky. So the Creeping flesh....does what it says on the tin....it creeps!

Corruption [Blu-ray] [Region Free] [US Import]
Corruption [Blu-ray] [Region Free] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Peter Cushing

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Hack'n-slash!, 20 Feb. 2014
What a great film...Sleasy...yes! Cheaply made...Most deffinatly. Well worth owning...I'll say. Peter Cushing is a good guy bad guy in this and all the better for it.
In the end there only one thing to say about this film...Women, can't live with 'em, can't brutally murder them! Or can you?

Still Game - The Complete Series 1-6 Plus Christmas and Hogmanay Specials [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Paul Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy gold, 20 Feb. 2014
Hardly anyone I know has heard of still Game and I wonder why is it be cause it's Scots, maybe. But what it most deffinatly is is laught out load funny.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10