Profile for Shopper > Reviews

Content by Shopper

Shopper

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Like other reviewers I set up the sound for North ..., 23 Dec. 2014
I bought this so that I could listen to audiobooks (compatible with audible) and it has done the job well. Like other reviewers I set up the sound for North America as this is much louder. I have had the player for a year now and it is still growing strong, if it broke now it wouldn't be too much trouble to buy another one at this price.

Women's Bamboo Socks - 4-7 UK, Pink, White, Blue, Caramel selection - 6 pairs of Non-elastic Bamboo socks
Offered by Maybury

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Very thin socks, 23 Dec. 2014
The socks feel very very thin (I can see my toes when I wear them) and will probably ware easily. They also don't feel like other bamboo socks I have and are missing the extreme softness.

I would not recommend and wouldn't buy again.

IVORY CREAM A4 Coloured Craft Card 160gsm x 50 Sheets
IVORY CREAM A4 Coloured Craft Card 160gsm x 50 Sheets
Offered by BCreative®

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Price, 31 Aug. 2013
Be aware that these sheets at 160gsm are more like thick paper than card but they were perfect for what I needed them for. I used these for inserts in wedding invitations and have just ordered some more for another purpose!

Unquiet Slumber (Blue Fire Series Book 1)
Unquiet Slumber (Blue Fire Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cringey, 20 Aug. 2013
Yes this book was free but that doesn't mean I was going to read more than a couple of chapters. because it is free then try it if you want. I wanted to read a book with a strong female lead but i definitely didn't get this, instead it just made me cringe. sorry but not my taste.

Five (Elemental Enmity Series Book I)
Five (Elemental Enmity Series Book I)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 20 Aug. 2013
Absolutely awful but it is free so if you want to try it, then try it! I'm not giving it an okay review just because it is free.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars okay, 20 Aug. 2013
Nice design but doesn't cover the whole phone (the bottom and top are left unprotected). The design also started to rub off within a week. Would not buy again.

25 IVORY HAMMERED 100gms GUMMED ENVELOPES 125mm x 175mm (approx5'' x 7'')
25 IVORY HAMMERED 100gms GUMMED ENVELOPES 125mm x 175mm (approx5'' x 7'')
Offered by bellenvelopes

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Envelopes, 20 Aug. 2013
Nice envelopes if you are looking for something a little more special than the usual. They didn't seem too thin either.

50 x Creative Hammer Card ivory 240 gsm p22
50 x Creative Hammer Card ivory 240 gsm p22
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 20 Aug. 2013
Great card, came well packaged. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that because the card is quite thick my printer printed things a bit different (different areas on the page) and it was a nightmare. The card however is lovely quality.

The Rook (The Checquy Files Book 1)
The Rook (The Checquy Files Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Overlook this Book!, 22 Sept. 2012
I normally buy books that have been out for a while and already have 100s of reviews, but after reading the preview I was already hooked and just had to take the gamble. I certainly don't regret the gamble, I was hooked right until the end.

I also don't normally write reviews but since this is a new book I don't want it to be overlooked, and so if anyone else out there is weighing up whether or not to gamble on a new book from a new writer, if you like the preview then go for it! This is a great supernatural novel; the humour is brilliant and in some instances reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - which can surely never be a bad thing!

I agree with other reviews that the way some of it is written does not sound English at all and so the writer probably would've done better to either set the book elsewhere or do some more research but if you can overlook this then it is still a great book.

The only reason I don't give this 5 out of 5 is that I feel too loyal to the few books I would call my favourites to rate it as high as them but that doesn't mean this book isn't a wonderfully enjoyable read.