Profile for Fedele > Reviews

Content by Fedele

Fedele

A Super Mom's Guide to Decluttering, Organizing & Speed Cleaning: PLUS - 15 Green Cleaning Recipes & How to sell unwanted stuff!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why start a book like this with reasons for decluttering, 22 Sep 2014
Why start a book like this with reasons for decluttering, I bought the book, so obviously I want to declutter. A good book doesn't need padding out. The grammar was terrible 'elevate people's perception towards you' 'accumulated with bits'. one has a 'perception of' something - something 'accumulates bits'.

Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong
Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough is best!, 25 Feb 2014
This was so helpful in understanding why it is not necessary to strive for perfection. The idea is liberating and makes a large contribution to a stress free life. I would recommend it to anyone with depressive illness or any perfectionists who are tirec of being so driven.

Early Kings of Norway (Illustrated)
Early Kings of Norway (Illustrated)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 25 Feb 2014
This is not an easy to read narrative history. I know I should have realised this when I saw the name of the author. It is a book to dip into just to see what Carlyle has to say about certain people.

I find it exasperating that Amazon mix up historical fiction with historical non fiction and with books such as this. They are really three separate categories.

The Drumgoole Name in History
The Drumgoole Name in History
by Ancestry.com

1.0 out of 5 stars The Drumgoole Name in History, 25 Oct 2012
A complete disappointment. I thought this book would cover Drumgoole genealogy and would be full of facts and information. It turned out to be a book on how to start tracing American ancestors. It gave a few statistics about how many Drumgooles appears in different categories of records. At £33 this book was a complete con and Amazon should be ashamed to sell it on their site.

Out of Eden:  The Peopling of the World
Out of Eden: The Peopling of the World
by Stephen Oppenheimer

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of Eden, 26 Feb 2012
An excellent book that explains very clearly how the world was populated from our first ancestors in Africa. It explains why people have a variety of skin pigmentation (all to do with vitamins and sunburn) and why facial features such as eyes and nose, as well as face shape developed differently in different parts of the world.

The problems of genetic research and racism are discussed frankly and sensitively and the author explains why genetic variations do not make people either superior or inferior. He emphasises that we are all descended from the first humans in Africa and asks us to celebrate our similarities rather than to emphasise our differences.

I hope that this book will be widely read.