Profile for veraclaythorne > Reviews

Mrs. Fry's Diary
Mrs. Fry's Diary
by Mrs Stephen Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars Huzzah and Hurrah!, 17 Oct 2010
This review is from: Mrs. Fry's Diary (Hardcover)
There are some things in life that, no matter how dark times are, will never fail to make you smile.

Finally, the world can find out what we Twitter-types have known for a long time: Edna Fry is just one of those things. We love her, and now so will you.

Mrs. Fry's Diary is everything I expected. It's irreverent, charming, and it's going to cause you to draw much attention to yourself when you read it in public. Yes, everything I expected and more. The diary is not merely full of witty wordplay; we are treated to rare glimpses of the Frys and their children, Mrs. F's legendary Spam recipes, and tales of exotic adventures abroad. (That said, when are you and Stephen coming to New York, dear? I'm still waiting!)

Edna is, without question, a Twitter phenomenon. I am so proud of her accomplishments and can only hope the success doesn't go to her head. (She'll need a new hat, for a start.)

Edna has done so much for me, so the very least I can do is tell you to stop reading this right now and buy this book. A copy for every room in your house, a copy for your dog, and a copy for everyone in your school, office, or favorite Twitter bar. You'll want to read it again and again. I promise you'll find something more hilarious than the last time you picked it up!