Profile for Gandalf's pants > Reviews

Content by Gandalf's pants

Gandalf's pants

Page: 1 | 2
Anker® 7200mAh Extended Battery Combo for Samsung Galaxy S3, S III, GT-I9300 - TPU back cover included [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, but beautiful!, 22 July 2014
As anyone who owns a smartphone knows, it's all well and good having all of this technology, but it's pretty infuriating when your battery is dead by lunchtime! Let's face it, until battery technology catches up, there are going to be sacrifices to be made. Personally I was so sick and tired of having a phone that was useless after 7 hours that I decided that the super slim and light phone I had was less important than a phone I could actually use.

I plumbed for the largest battery Anker sold, in for a penny... It arrived quickly, was well packaged and was really easy to fit. Anyone who had ever taken out another battery could easily for this.

It's a beast, let's make no mistake! Is also fault weighty! Combined with your phone it weighs 280 grams (according to the kitchen scales) so if you're wearing skinny jeans or hot pants, expect to look deformed.

However, and for me at least it's a big however, it is 11 hours from unplug this morning and it's at 87%. My other battery would be at about 30% at the rate I've used it today.

As others have said, the phone actually feels nice and solid, and I tend to agree!

Couple of niggles, although minor, my charger plug is very tight in the case as it's Samsung manufactured, but it does go in with some encouragement, and the headphone socket it too small to accommodate all but the slimmest jack plug, but I can live with it...

I've got a phone I can use! What more can I say?

World War Two: History in an Hour
World War Two: History in an Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars informative, 19 May 2014
Having grown up a typical boy who would yawn through history lessons and very little actually sinking into my adolescent brain (something about 1066 etc), my knowledge of key, important historical events was limited, to say the least. These history in an hour books are ideal in topping up your knowledge, without getting bogged down in the Author's views. A must read for anyone whose historical knowledge is lacking. If only I'd stayed alert at school...

FRiEQ® Hi-Speed Extra Long (6 Ft/1.8m) Nylon Braided Tangle-Free USB 2.0 Micro USB Charging/Sync Cable For Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, HTC, Motorola, LG, PS4, Xbox one (Light Blue/Yellow)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Not all cable is equal!, 27 Mar. 2014
I bought another cable as I wanted a longer one than the pathetic one that came with the phone. At first I was pleased, but noticed that when the phone was plugged in, if I used it, it wasn't charging quickly enough. I did some research and found this cable...IT IS BRILLIANT! Charges at about three times the rate of the other, and has a good quality feel to it. Fast delivery too.

Life Emergency Hammer & Seat Belt Cutter Rescue Tool
Life Emergency Hammer & Seat Belt Cutter Rescue Tool
Offered by Trend Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars Mc hammer, 27 Mar. 2014
Looks sturdy enough, haven't tested it on the windscreen or the seatbelt cutter, hopefully never will! Good to have...just in case!

Dog Cat Pet Puppy Safety Flash LED Light Blue Collar Tag
Dog Cat Pet Puppy Safety Flash LED Light Blue Collar Tag
Offered by Tcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Flashy!, 27 Mar. 2014
Excellent! Not the fastest delivery time, but it did come from halfway round the world! Very bright, won't lose sight of the dog across the park. Great to see people's reactions as they see strange lights weaving at high speed in the dark too!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap...but cheap!, 27 Mar. 2014
Cheap quality, but it's a cheap price! Great for playing with the cat or the dog, just don't expect it to last! Oh, and don't expect to get it quickly after ordering, mine took about a month.

Paracord 550 Survival Bracelet with Stainless Steel Bow Shackle - Olive Drab Green / Ideal Accessory for Camping, Boating, Hunting, Hiking, and Other Sports Activities.
Offered by CZ-Sky [ships from HongKong]

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and useful!, 8 Jan. 2014
Very happy with this purchase, but the clasp could do with being different. Exceedingly difficult to screw together without three hands, and tight to try to take off. I would leave it on, but stays wet FOR AGES after a soaking. Extremely useful in an emergency though.

5 x Whistle Contoured Side Release Buckles 26mm x 45mm ideal for Paracord Bracelets

3.0 out of 5 stars Works up to a point...., 8 Jan. 2014
Clips together if you get the angle just right, and then holds fast. Not sure what use the whistle would be, reminiscent of an asthmatic mouse. If I'm ever caught out in the wilderness and need to signal to someone, probably be better off shouting "help!" than to try to use the 'whistle'.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 5:27 PM GMT

Papermania Bare Basics Cardstock Tags W/String 20/Pkg-White
Papermania Bare Basics Cardstock Tags W/String 20/Pkg-White

5.0 out of 5 stars As you'd expect!, 8 Jan. 2014
Quality is good, had the correct calendar in it, can't fault it in any way! Just checked and today is supposed to be a Wednesday, and it's correct!

DICKIES EISENHOWER MULTI POCKET WORK TROUSER (Style EH26800) OLIVE 32R (32'')
DICKIES EISENHOWER MULTI POCKET WORK TROUSER (Style EH26800) OLIVE 32R (32'')
Offered by Ideal 365 Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 Jan. 2014
Bought similar and they fell apart! Great fit, more than enough pockets, I like the styling too, but I'm no Gok Wan.

Page: 1 | 2