Profile for MRS > Reviews

Content by MRS

MRS (KIRTON, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Man Alive! (Pocket Books)
Man Alive! (Pocket Books)
by Michael Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent detective story, 8 Jan. 2015
Excellent detective story on the subject of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Taking the example of the Sherlock Holmes' methods of dissection and evidence, Michael Green gives a well-constructed result in favour of the fact of the Resurrection and its meaning for Christianity of its day and of the days of the world since.

Black Socks With a Train Engine. Perfect for that gift for that special person in your life. Like these, take a look at our great quality mugs and cufflinks to add to your gift choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A grand gift for a train enthusiast, 8 Jan. 2015
Bought as a Christmas gift for my model train enthusiast husband. He has had similar socks before and has worn them into holes so these are a replacement.

I Love Trains Mug by MugBug
I Love Trains Mug by MugBug
Offered by MugBug

5.0 out of 5 stars A good gift for a rail enthusiast, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: I Love Trains Mug by MugBug
My husband is a model train enthusiast and I wanted a gift to put in his stocking this Christmas. He had managed to smash his previous train mug and so this has proved to be a grand substitute.

K'Nex Super Value Tub Building Set (521 Pieces)
K'Nex Super Value Tub Building Set (521 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars An open-ended construction kit, 8 Jan. 2015
A superb construction kit for those who not only like to follow a given plan in order to create a specific article but also for those who like to explore their own invention using their imagination.

Doubting Abbey (Doubting Abbey, Book 1)
Doubting Abbey (Doubting Abbey, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A chicklit with a differenced, 30 Nov. 2014
I expected the usual chicklit formula and was pleasantly surprised with the angles taken in this book. Generally speaking it followed the usual Cinderella format but I felt the methods chosen to achieve its ends were original and entertaining.

THE DIANA RIVERS MYSTERIES - Volume One (The Diana Rivers Mysteries Boxed Sets Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super mysteries well-told, 22 Nov. 2014
Absolutely brilliant reading. All three stories held me spell bound. The mysteries were carefully unwrapped with an Agatha Christie style of dropping red herrings all over the place.

Britannia: Part I: The Wall
Britannia: Part I: The Wall

5.0 out of 5 stars Well researched and well told story, 28 Sept. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this tale of derring do on the wall and am looking forward to reading Part 2. The story held me gripped as I wanted to find out more.

Blazing Star: The Life and Times of John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester
Blazing Star: The Life and Times of John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 Sept. 2014
I'm struggling through this book at the moment because I want to find out how Rochester ends his life. I must admit that I am missing out much of the bad language etc and also his poetry. I thought this would be more historical than literary.

Common Worship Lectionary: Advent 2014 to the Eve of Advent 2015: Standard format (Common Worship: Services and Prayers for the Church of England)
by Church House Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable product, 28 Sept. 2014
I need one of these every year or I should be 'at sea' when planning the service programmes. They provide all the details in an easily accessible form, most useful to a busy person.

Calculator credit card sized Slimline travel
Calculator credit card sized Slimline travel
Offered by Tcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 28 Sept. 2014
These seem fine although I haven't tried them all as they are due to become Christmas gifts. They are exactly the size of calculator that is required and being solar powered they have the added advantage of not needing batteries.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16