Profile for Hymn 7777 > Reviews

Hymn 7777

Never Let Me Go
Never Let Me Go

5.0 out of 5 stars Human clones do have souls!, 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Never Let Me Go (Kindle Edition)
A very gripping story that will leave you heartbroken, unless of course you have no heart. Beautiful prose, well written on a desperate subject

Augustine Blue Classical Guitar Strings Set
Augustine Blue Classical Guitar Strings Set
Offered by Omega Music

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 20 Aug. 2014
Quite frankly the best strings for classical guitar on the market.

Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity
Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Read, 14 April 2014
This is a most wonderful and encouraging book. I have not been able to put it down from the moment I downloaded it onto my kindle app.It has given me insights into Islam and my own faith as a Christian. If you have a desire to know the truth, get a copy and start reading, you will not be disappointed.

The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus (Case for ... Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 23 Jan. 2014
This is a thoroughly well researched book, which presents the evidence in a compelling way. As a retired advocate I appreciated the attention to detail and the logical presentation of the evidence and an argument well marshalled.
Reading this book has strengthened my own faith, I commend it to you whoever you are.

Sister Wendy on Prayer: Biographical Introduction by David Willcock
Sister Wendy on Prayer: Biographical Introduction by David Willcock

4.0 out of 5 stars Spritual reading, 11 Jan. 2014
Sr Wendy is a hermit and consecrated virgin who is called to prayer and spends her life in prayer. She finds prayer something which is simple. certainly the book is written in beautiful clear prose and is easily read.
I had slight misgivings when Sr Wendy started to quote Confuscious , however in context it makes perfect sense. Wisdom is wisdom from whatever source it is drawn from, although as a Christian I prefer to have no other God beside the God of the Holy Bible, and I am wary of a book on prayer that refers to approaches in another religion.
All things considered I found it an inspired book and a blessing to read. I have no hesitation in commending it to you. But as she says herself it is better to spend time actually praying rather than reading about it.

Seven Days That Divide the World: The Beginning According to Genesis and Science

5.0 out of 5 stars Creation is not a fable., 15 Dec. 2013
This is a very readable book. John Lennox has a very lucid style of writing and explains quite complex ideas in a way that can be easily understood. I particularly like the appendixes at the end of each chapter.
I am a Christian who really struggles with simplistic ideas of Creationism particularly in the light of the very strong scientific evidence that the Universe and the Earth are of great age. Avoiding this issue is not an option as far as I am concerned : Do I choose between the bible, which I believe is a sacred book inspired by God,or Science .John has helped me to see that this is a false choice and that actually there is a way of reading Genesis 1 which permits me to remain true to my faith in the bible and to receive the findings of science.
This book has not answered all my questions, but it has helped to clarify some of the issues in my own thinking.I am not about to abandon my faith, I am comforted by the fact that a professor of Mathematics shares the same faith as myself. I which there were more who would openly confess their faith.