Profile for Alan Harris > Reviews

VTech Baby First Steps Baby Walker
VTech Baby First Steps Baby Walker
Offered by Inspiration Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars what a lovely gift, 15 Mar. 2011
My niece absolutely loves this, its colourful, and has lots of different elements to play along to. it feels sturdy and safe with no sharp edges. in fact i want one for myself!

Uncle Alan

Collins World Atlas: Concise Edition (Collins World Atlases)
Collins World Atlas: Concise Edition (Collins World Atlases)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 15 Mar. 2011
i love my maps, and this atlas has it all. great detail, great facts, and it's fully up to date. thoroughly recommended.

Alan

Evans Lichfield Union Jack Traditional Tapestry Cushion, 18 x 13 Inch, Polyester Fibre Filled
Offered by ABC Decor

5.0 out of 5 stars the best cushion i've ever bought, 15 Mar. 2011
i have a very extensive knowledge of cushions.
when my friends are looking for cushions, they ask me for advice. in simple terms, the two key questions you need to ask yourself when buying a cushion are,
'do i like the colour(s)?'
'is it a comfortable cushion?'
may i say, this cushion answers both questions emphatically.
it's the colours of our national flag, what's not to like there.
also, when my mother-in-law Ethel came to stay with us, she had a nasty case of gout at the time, (we since managed to get her some private medical treatment) - this cushion proved to be a god-send, either to prop up her feet (above our antique oak-panelled floor and persian carpet) when reclining, or when sat upright (at our large, 12-berth baroque dinner table) to be tucked neatly onto the dining chair. what's more, it's portable and easy to store, fitting in most household spaces (including our large glass conservatory), or in the back of my (1962 Jaguar e-type) car. i would recommend this to anyone looking to buy a cushion this year.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Biggles likes it, 15 Mar. 2011
My cat's called biggles so i had to buy this for her.

It's a plane. Biggles sits in it. That's about it. After the initial novelty i was disappointed to see that Biggles lost interest, i think the manufacturers could have added some further features, perhaps a portable runway, or flying goggles.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2012 7:50 PM GMT

Classic FM - Waltzing Classics
Classic FM - Waltzing Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful waltzing!, 7 Mar. 2011
My wife and i love ballroom dancing so when i heard about this on Classic FM, I ordered straight away. it arrived this morning and we absolutely love it - most of the pieces are recognisable, it's upbeat and good fun - even if you have two left feet you can still imagine dancing round a ballroom in vienna! I'm looking forward to bringing it along to our next dancing class.

The Wedding Collection
The Wedding Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Wedding music - sorted, 14 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Wedding Collection (Audio CD)
My sister's getting married in the summer and being the musical one in the family I was tasked with suggesting the music for the ceremony. I don't have a great knowledge of classical music, but all of the wedding 'hits' are on here, plus the guide in the booklet is an excellent way of choosing between the pieces. Job done - thankyou Classic FM.

Heart of Darkness
Heart of Darkness
by Joseph Conrad

4.0 out of 5 stars a classic, 7 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Heart of Darkness (Paperback)
an amazing book, it's more of a short story, but it's still gripping over a century from when it was written, conrad expertly uses the river congo to literally keep the plot flowing. thoroughly recommended.

Clarkson - The Italian Job [DVD]
Clarkson - The Italian Job [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Jeremy, 7 Jan. 2011
I have long had an acute dislike for Jeremy Clarkson, and having bought this for my brother for Christmas, we sat down to watch it. i have to say i was not disappointed. the cars are great, but Clarkson has become a caricature of himself, and 20 minutes in, i had the radio times in hand to see what was on telly instead.

Silent Nights
Silent Nights

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!!!, 30 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Silent Nights (Audio CD)
What a AMAZING selection of carol arrangements - the image on the cover is Gold Hill (or Hovis Hill!) in Shaftesbury, down the road from me in Dorset.
Merry Xmas Nigel Hess, lovely stuff!

Classic FM Diary 2011
Classic FM Diary 2011
by Classic FM

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic diary!, 8 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Classic FM Diary 2011 (Hardcover)
My Classic FM Diary arrived this morning, and may i say it's brilliant.
Love the station, and the classical entries in this diary are really amusing, this is much better than the plain one I've been using this year.

My wife was also pleased to know she shares a birthday with one of our favourite composers, Erik Satie.

Bravo Classic FM!