Profile for edrm > Reviews

Parallel Play: Growing Up with Undiagnosed Asperger's
Parallel Play: Growing Up with Undiagnosed Asperger's
by Tim Page

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't See His Whole Life..., 28 April 2011
I was totally disappointed at this book mainly because the author was mainly talking about his younger days. I did understand he was diagnosed with Asperger's(AS) when he became middle-aged. But He was writing about his younger days in most of this book and I didn't see the connections with his diagnosis. I have read several autobiographies written by Aspergians/Auties. And most of them expressed their diagnosis with their conditions well enough. But Tim Page didn't. He did talk about his Asperger's a little bit in the Epilogue. In other words, he seemed to take too long to reach his story on his AS. I would have understood this book more deeply if he had showed me the details of how he got the diagnosis with AS through his entire life.
After all, I felt like I got the runaround because it seems to me this memoir is almost the same as any other ones. That's why the memoir let me down.

Issenman Kai No Kiss
Issenman Kai No Kiss
Price: 24.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Coherence of The Lyrics & Cheerful Pop Tune, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: Issenman Kai No Kiss (Audio CD)
I'm really intrigued by Mai-K's sophisticated way of expressing her lyrics. The single is so well-organized I found no contradiction in the lyrics. Basically 1000mankai no Kiss sounds sad and melting; at first, she shows the complicated feelings on confessing her love to somebody she loves. I suppose she may indicate she struggles to find how because she may assume he would feel the same. However, in the main and final parts, she decide to say good-bye to her shyness in order to show him loud and clear she loves him very much and she feels she would regret for the rest of her life. In short, I would say she tried to say she will try to express her love worth kissing him 10 million times. That can mean she really hopes to indicate her real love so earnestly. So it may be so touching for those who are clumsy about love. Perhaps they will be more confident if they listen to 1000mankai no Kiss.
The coupling song, Never Say Good-bye(Sayonara ha Mada Iwanaide) really cheers me up and it's a real catchy pop-tune. Let me get to the point; that tune sure fires up even depressed people because of that catchy melody for some reason. Particularly, it helps me forget everything that frustrates me in my daily life. The lyrics of the coupling tune is a real positive love song, but Mai-K has the power to cheer up her fans in this song especially at her lives. I feel as if she was saying to me, "Don't say good-bye to happy memories". I'm going to enjoy her live at Tokyo International Forum, so I would like her to sing Never Say Good-bye as well as 1000mankai no Kiss in there without fail! Mai-K's cheerful songs really turns me on and this one is no exception like Anywhere, that's why. Way to go, Mai-K!!!

Oxford Preparation Course for the TOEIC Test - New Edition. Student's Book
Oxford Preparation Course for the TOEIC Test - New Edition. Student's Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Not That Hard For Intermediate Learners, 23 Feb 2011
I bet this TOEIC reference is not that difficult as long as you don't worry too much about the English explanations of all the answers. And Both practice tests aren't as difficult as I had expected. The English explanations are so concise and easy-read that I suppose you don't have to be stressed out by the materials written all in English. Certainly the beginners might complain, "Why should I deal with the All-in-English stuff? I can't read all of them!" I guess you might get overloaded if the practice tests are really difficult. But since TOEIC is not for putting everything into your native languages, I believe putting everything word by word is simply a waste of time and effort. Therefore, this reference may help you get rid of your perfectionism. You can't get a high score if you can't see the forest for the trees!

Buffalo Nfiniti Wireless-N High Ultra-Compact USB 2.0 Adapter - Network adapter
Buffalo Nfiniti Wireless-N High Ultra-Compact USB 2.0 Adapter - Network adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Comes In Handy!, 22 Jan 2011
Easy to install and receives well. I plugged this stuff into the other PC. The price is reasonable and I suppose it's a must buy in order to speed up the Internet connection. Highly recommended for those who have PCs without build-in wireless connections!

Michael Africk
Michael Africk
Price: 24.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 9 Dec 2010
This review is from: Michael Africk (Audio CD)
This album is a blast!! Highly recommended for Mai-K fans because Michael Africk has contributed to Mai-K for 11 years and now Mai-K takes part in some collaborative songs, Love One Another and Boyfriend. If you ask me, Mai-K supported him in return in Michael's album. That's definitely a 'give and take' pattern, isn't it? What's more, Michael sings Never Gonna Give You Up as his self-covered edition, where he tried singing Japanese lyric Mai-K wrote. I suppose he shows Mai-K and her fans his eagerness to know about Japan.
Michael Africk didn't still seem popular enough, but I hope this album will motivate more Mai-K fans to listen to this and be a smash hit both in the US and Japan!!

Microsoft BX3-00002 Wireless Notebook BLUE US
Microsoft BX3-00002 Wireless Notebook BLUE US
Offered by 3B-IT Ltd
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Response and Stess-free Mouse, 22 Nov 2010
I'm really amazed at quick response of this wireless mouse! So I can say good-bye to wired ones; Wired mice often get in the way and distract me easily. Recently most of new computers have wireless mice and I take it as a way of life.
Of course, I was thinking of buying Bluetooth mice, but I'm pretty disappointed at the downside of the higher price. Besides, I realized the receivers aren't included and buy both mouses and receivers respectively when it comes to using Bluetooth mice. It's a real waste of money.
On the other hand, this optical wireless mouse isn't as expensive as Bluetooth ones, is easier to use than wired ones, and stress-free. What's more it has 3 years warranty! And it responds more quickly than I had expected like I said before! As a result, I bet I made the right choice! Why not give it a try if you are distracted by outdated wired mice? You won't be disappointed!

Future Kiss [+Bonus Dvd]
Future Kiss [+Bonus Dvd]
Offered by Japan-Select
Price: 13.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 17 Nov 2010
I'm really impressed by Mai-K's vision of each song as I listen to the album. Even in ballad songs such as Beautiful, and Tomorrow Is The Last Time her positiveness often stands out very well. And as I watch the DVD, I realized she has buckled down to every song to get her message across to her fans. Especially, the 1st cool upbeat tune, Future Kiss turns me on and I would like to memorize at least the main part of the lyrics below.
"1 sweetie(fight it) 2 beauty(chance) 3 cool & make smile(destiny & make magic) watashikara Future Kiss
1 feel me 2 make me 3 catch me 'love' imamitsumete(moumieruyo) Future Kiss"
- I wanna sing along that main parts with Mai-K at the live so I can be more energetic!
I also love I Scream! although the lyric sounds so negative, but on closer look, I feel as if she had tried to let off steam when she had a real beating in her life. Mai-K expresses the frustrated feelings in such a sophisticated way I was also thinking of letting off steam at her lives all I wanted to forget about bad times.
Anywhere is the right song to conclude the album to indicate freedom. Every time I listen to Anywhere, I can feel free to choose anywhere I want to drive. So I'm so satisfied Mai-K chose Anywhere as the last song of the album!
Finally I hope this positive album are gonna be a smash hit! So buy the Limited Edition to know how hard Mai-K has worked on this album! You won't be disappointed!!

Fortune
Fortune
Price: 26.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Nami Cheers Me Up!, 13 Sep 2010
This review is from: Fortune (Audio CD)
I continue to be amazed at Nami's impressive dance tune and clear voice. And this tune is no exception; this upbeat tune sounds so positive and powerful it not only soothes me but also cheers me up. I often find her songs are often chosen as animation songs and that explains it because I suppose her songs animate especially Gundam freaks a lot. And every Nami's upbeat dance tune sound always positive and powerful. So I want her to continue this sort of style because she is a shining star for her fans. I feel like she always gives me a lot of fortunes whenever I enjoy this dance tune.

Shining Star
Shining Star
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars You're My Shining Star!, 13 Sep 2010
This review is from: Shining Star (Audio CD)
Shining Star is such a clear dance tune it soothes me quite a lot. Literally the tune and Nami's clear vocal shines very brightly and I could clear up my haze whenever I listen to the tune. Not only Nami's vocal and performance but also the chorus sound so relaxing. Like the title says, Nami is my shining star! You won't forget this soothing tune and get disappointed at Nami at all!

Give Me Up
Give Me Up
Price: 8.75

3.0 out of 5 stars She Doesn't Need Cover Versions!, 13 Sep 2010
This review is from: Give Me Up (Audio CD)
Give Me Up cramps her style. That tune itself is outdated even if she sings that as a cover version. Sounds too corny. Actually Nami excels in upbeat and speedy tunes like Realize, Fortune, and Ichizuna Negai. I know she has sung several cover versions of famous songs and I find none of them matches her original style. Ichizuna Negai matches her better than her covered ones and it should have been the single. I have no idea why she has sung some covered songs recently. BaBe used to sing another cover of Give Me Up as their debut single and that was no problem. But Nami's techno version sounds weird!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14