Profile for edrm > Reviews

Always
Always
Offered by Founders Factory JPN4UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This Song ALWAYS Cheers Me Up!!, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Always (Audio CD)
I can see something common between Stand Up and Always; both of them seem to encourage listeners by Mai-K's positive lyrics although both of the song types sound different. Especially, I'm really impressed by Mai's English words as follows:

"Sometimes you win
Sometimes you lose
It doesn't matter
You make mistakes but for a reason
There's a chance to be won
God bless you for being yourself
Sometimes life is so beautiful yeah

always give my love
always give my love to you

always give my love"

I can switch negatives to positives when listening to the tunes like Always, Winter Bells, and Stand Up. I could fall in love with Mai-K if she cheered me up. I suppose she knows quite well how to attract those who love her. Overall, you wanna remember Always if you get stuck in depression, 'cause I suppose the title may imply,"Always be positive and believe in yourself! That's the key of enjoying life."

Touch Me! +1 [Ltd. CD+Dvd]
Touch Me! +1 [Ltd. CD+Dvd]
Offered by TOMMY's STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars touch Me! - Very Influential Title!, 21 April 2010
This Mai's album has various kinds of R&B patterns and strongly impacts on me! Sure thing, Mai seems to reinforce her straightforward way of expressions. I like Mai's R&B style music from the beginning and in this album I adore relaxing tunes like I can't believe you!! and cool rap tune like 24 Xmas Time. In short, most of her songs includes various kinds of music patterns. Esp., I was really touched by the lyric of I can't believe you. It seems to show me changing 'restricted' freedom into being myself and I suppose the chorus enhances the story line. And Mai definitely tells us being yourself is the key to clear up the clouds in that song! However, I must say the last remix tune is a total failure, which is a fatal drawback. How come it only includes chorus? - This is a mystery to me like most reviewers say.

After all, I decided to give 5 stars to touch Me! because I bet her direct expressions will appeal to her fans.

All My Best [2cd]
All My Best [2cd]

5.0 out of 5 stars All My Best and the Live Selection, 21 April 2010
This review is from: All My Best [2cd] (Audio CD)
I'm so happy to get Mai-K's 2nd Best Album. This is really splendid! Also I found the live selection real fascinating. I can enjoy not only all the songs but also the live selection and the interview with the director. Especially, Never Gonna Give You Up, the collaborative tune with Michael Africk really fired me up. I just wanted Mai to write the lyric all in English if possible. I wish I could rap so smoothly with Mai like Michael.A. Both Mai's and Michael's raps sound real cool! One more thing that caught my eye was that the drummer's and Mai's exchange during BE WITH U. It seemed like they enjoyed themselves together a great deal. When it comes to Mai's live concerts, the band members always cheer up the audience before she appears. I suppose they are quite different from Mai's quiet, modest and cool characteristics, which intrigues me quite a lot!

I would be more excited if the album included P.S. My Sunshine, Diamond Wave, 24 Xmas Time, Come On! Come! On!, Fairy Tale, Lover Boy, and Love Sick. This is because those are my faves! But there's no use fretting over it...

If you get this CD and DVD set, you may realize how Mai-K has improved her musical talents. Especially, watching the DVD is a must to know more about her!

Beautiful
Beautiful

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful - Therapeutic Ballad For Summer Morning, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Beautiful (Audio CD)
I have listened to Mai-K's summer songs and I find it so refreshing to listen to Beautiful in summer morning. It eases my feelings and wakes me up. Of course, P.S. My Sunshine is suitable for summer morning although it sounds different from Beautiful. P.S. My Sunshine can cheer up those who works very hard, while Beautiful makes me want to go for a walk in summer morning and cools down hot and humid summer. I could get up peacefully if I heard Mai-K sing Beautiful.
On the other hand, wana(trap) literally sounds devilish because I can't imagine she is an enchantress who attracts a guy in an magical way like the lyric says. Maybe younger men than her could believe her easily. How did she come up with this idea? Perhaps most fans might have been surprised at this song and I'm no exception. I doubt she is an enchantress judging from her modest characteristics, that's why

Puzzle/Revive
Puzzle/Revive

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool & Awesome R&B and Rap Tune!,, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Puzzle/Revive (Audio CD)
Like the songs in Mai's latest album, touch Me!, direct expressions often stand out in PUZZLE and Revive. I suppose that's what suits her quite well. I came to like rap tunes like PUZZLE and 24 Xmas Time because the raps seem to enhance her recent R&B tunes and particularly, I would say the chaotic lyric is consistent with both the background and Mai's raps. The final word,"Destroy the Puzzle, yeah!" intrigued me quite a lot, which I believe was a striking way of finishing the song. I would say the final word have the power to clear up hazy feelings!

I got pretty amazed by the Latin tune, Revive, because I literally had never listened to her singing Latin tunes before. Unfortunately, I don't think Latin songs suit her quite well. It is rhythmical but a little bit different from her style.

Overall, I decided to give 5 stars to PUZZLE/Revive because her direct lyrics strike me and sound positive!

24 Xmas Time
24 Xmas Time
Offered by Founders Factory JPN4UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Therapeutic!, 21 April 2010
This review is from: 24 Xmas Time (Audio CD)
This song really fires me up although it's a limited version! Many people would say, "You should've written it earlier!", but who cares? I find it so catchy I wanna listen to this tune whenever I want! On top of that, I am fascinated not only by Mai's vocal but also the rap. 24 Xmas Time really suits Mai because it seems to me that the song is based on a very romantic Xmas story. I got really excited about the DVD especially when Mai tried to give her necklaces to somebody she loved and the rapper expressed his deep love for Mai on the screen!

So I find it ridiculous to quit listening to the tune just because it is supposed to be a Xmas song. I feel comfortable and therapeutic whenever I listen to this and I don't wanna dwell on which season the song is suitable for. That's why 24 Xmas Time always catches my eye!

Dream Goes On(Regular Ed.)
Dream Goes On(Regular Ed.)
Offered by Arc Trade Media_JAPAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream Goes On, 25 Mar. 2010
I hadn't listened to Every Little Thing(ELT) for ages because most of their songs were boring and monotonous after Mitsuru Igarashi left the group. But their songs these days grow on me because Kaori Mochida's soft and catchy vocal catches my eye. And I'm fascinated by the positive and therapeutic lyric. Mochida has a more advanced command of singing and writing songs than when ELT made their debut. What 's more, Mitsuru Igarashi composed and arranged this song, which was a great reminder of ELT's good old songs about 10 years ago. It would be a lot better if he would come back to the group, though. I'd say Igarashi enhanced the quality of ELT's songs including this song. As a matter of fact, they released their new album which includes Dream Goes On this month in Japan . And I'm so glad to find that Igarashi composed and arranged most of the songs in this album. So why not buy ELT's latest album, Change from Amazon.co.jp if you like them? It's highly recommended!

One Life
One Life
Offered by TOMMY's STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars One Life - Mai-K's Comfortable and Therapeutic Album, 5 Jan. 2010
This review is from: One Life (Audio CD)
I recently downloaded the album and as a whole, most of the songs sound calm and relaxed. Personally, I wanted her to sing exciting and Latin songs like Born To Be Free because basically I love Mai-K's speedy tunes like Come On! Come On!, Lover Boy, Stand Up, Love, Day After Tomorrow, and Fairy Tale(My Last Teenage Wish). As for One Life, every song makes me real comfortable.
Actually, I wasn't that interested in her ballad songs such as White Snow and Silent Love. However, I feel more comfortable when I listened the 2 songs in One Life. Those songs can be therapeutic when you spend a cold winter night at home or with someone you love.
I, myself used to be a little bit discouraged at this album at first. But on second thought, I came to realize that Mai-K has improved as a singer-song writer as I listen to One Life. So One Life was her turning point of her music career, I suppose.

Love Bug
Love Bug
Offered by samurai media JPN401

5.0 out of 5 stars The Love Bug, 2 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Love Bug (Audio CD)
I recently have heard BoA often collaborates with rap artists such as m-flo and SEAMO, and this collaboration is terrific! I suppose her dance-based music style matches the rap very much. In collaborative with m-flo and SEAMO, BoA doesn't seem to be a lead vocal because most of the collaboration with them are mainly performed by m-flo or SEAMO. However, BoA does stand out and I know that judging from the live video I watched on YouTube. Certainly, she has sung a lot of great speedy dance tune, which really attracts me quite a lot. But I can see BoA's musical talents more clearly when it comes to the collaboration with both of those rap artists. And The Love Bug is no exception. So I'd like BoA to keep collaborating with both of them because the collaboration empowers the song!

Speak American: A Survival Guide to the Language and Culture of the U.S.A
Speak American: A Survival Guide to the Language and Culture of the U.S.A
by Dileri Borunda Johnston

5.0 out of 5 stars Suits Non-Americans As Well As Those Whose Native Language Isn't English, 18 Dec. 2009
As a matter of fact, I couldn't clearly tell the specific difference between US and UK or Australian usage until I bought this. One day a British man I know felt perplexed when I used "a stickler" meaning a difficult problem. At first, I didn't get why that happened. Of course, I explained the meaning to him. However, I felt as if I made a big mistake and wondered why he looked confused at the same time. Consequently, he found out what I meant in his dictionary and I got relieved. Here's why; I didn't notice a stickler I used doesn't make sense in his home country. It's an American informal expression, in short! After all, this reference can help me understand the clear-cut definition between US and UK or Australian usage. And this reference indicates that so informatively. The bottom line is this; this reference is for Non-Americans as well as Non-English speakers. You'll get burned if you take this for granted!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14