Profile for Penelope > Reviews

Star Trek / Star Trek Into Darkness Double Pack [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movies, 2 Jan 2014
Bought this in the christmas lightning deals because the price otherwise doesn't seem to have changed since release - that's not a criticism, it just shows how good the movies are!

Pin-ups. Gil Elvgren - 2014 Wall Calendar (Taschen Wall Calendars)
Pin-ups. Gil Elvgren - 2014 Wall Calendar (Taschen Wall Calendars)
by Taschen
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty but nice, 2 Jan 2014
I buy my husband these calendars every year for his man cave because they're a little bit naughty without being over the top explicit. The pictures are so good I'm thinking of putting some of them up around the house once he's finished with the calendar.

Toy Soldiers - The Best Of
Toy Soldiers - The Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars Martika was the first album I ever bought., 20 April 2012
These songs have such brilliant memories for me and I still remembered every word! As other reviewers have commented, the omission of "if you're Tarzan I'm Jane" is notable, but there are so many good songs on here you will still love it "more than you know". I had forgotten how much I loved "Temptation" and every time I hear "water"- how good is that one?- I remember how the lyrics were written in a slanted style (like italic but they looked hand written) and my best friend and I used to think it was a "Z" rather than an "I" and giggle at how silly the lyrics were. Happy times. Buy this cd and then buy it again and again and again. I love it - although there's every chance the other drivers going past me on the M4 in the mornings when I'm singing along in my car just think I'm an idiot!

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype!, 20 April 2012
I had heard nothing about this book until I saw the film advertised. Then I was told it was a kids' book but since I liked Twilight I thought I'd give it a go and I'm so glad I did. For the first time in ages I've read a book and I haven't wanted to put it down. I really warmed to the characters and although I had a feeling the ending would be along the lines it was, I had no idea how it was going to come about so it kept me interested all the way through. I very much recommend this book and can't wait to get stuck into the second one!