Profile for Busy doctor > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Memory Child
The Memory Child

2.0 out of 5 stars irritating and predictable, 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Memory Child (Kindle Edition)
Oh dear, you can see the end of this book coming a mile off, and when it does there is no subtlety or intrigue. It's as if the author got bored and just stopped. Wish I had too.

BeautyLife Handbag Organiser ,Organizer Large, Insert, Travel Bag, 12 Pockets (Purple)
Offered by hastingis

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 18 Jun. 2014
This is a great product - glad I bought it and would recommend highly. It really does stop you losing everything in the bottom of handbags and makes it very quick to change bags. This size is perfect if you carry an ipad, and there's room for wallet, umbrella, glasses, makeup, tissues, plasters etc etc as well.
Seems good quality, made of a waterproof like material, very light weight. Two zipped pockets are great and zips function well. Lots of side pockets of different sizes and a big pocket in the middle.
How did I manage before?!

Certified Refurbished Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (5th generation)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 Jun. 2014
Oh dear - I was so happy with my kindle keyboard, until I dropped it and trod on it. I thought that I would upgrade to a paperwhite, but I have been really disappointed. The first one they delivered had a shadow at the bottom of the screen....5 deliveries later and I have concluded that this is the best of a bad bunch of devices. 1 had worse shadowing, 1 wouldn't connect to the network, 1 had half of the screen faded etc etc.
Amazon assured me that I was just very unlucky, but frankly I am not sure I can believe this. I cannot recommend this product at all, and wish I had taken more care of my much loved kindle keyboard.

Tidal Shift
Tidal Shift

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard work and slow, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Tidal Shift (Kindle Edition)
Strange book this - finding it very hard going. The characters are all rather unlikeable and the plot is very slow. I wouldn't bother reading this if you have anything better to do.

The Child's Child
The Child's Child

3.0 out of 5 stars Whatever has happened to the best crime writer?, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Child's Child (Kindle Edition)
Disappointed in this story - set as a story within a story but neither rang true. Expect to get totally absorbed in RR/BV characters but none of these felt real so you end up not caring much either way. If it's supposed to be a morality tale it doesn't really work, and as a psychological thriller it isn't very gripping.
Not at all what I expected!

Invision® iPad Mini Smart Case Cover - Front and Back Protection With Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function - Superior Design Features - Premium Quality PU Leather With Microfiber Inner Lining - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad Mini 1 2 Cover Blue)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but doesn't stand up to being used, 25 Aug. 2013
Very disappointed in this mini iPad cover - it looks and feels good but after 3 weeks the plastic edging of the 'leather' is peeling off and the corners have rubbed away. I would have expected it to last a lot longer than this. Luckily Amazon have offered a full refund. Hope I can find a sturdier case that does the job required.

The House at Riverton
The House at Riverton

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 25 Mar. 2013
Didn't expect to be so absorbed by the story - cpuldnt out it down. Beautifully interwoven between past and present.

What Alice Forgot
What Alice Forgot

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining story, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: What Alice Forgot (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this story, even though the underlying premise is fairly unbelievable. Makes you wonder what you'd change about your life if you'd forgotten the last 10 years! Disappointingly the story seems to fizzle out at the end and the ending isn't very satisfying. Worth a read.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent kettle, 15 Jan. 2012
Bought this kettle as a replacement for previous Tefal kettle which suddenly started leaking (after about 8 years). This kettle is stylish and boils quickly without too much noise. The lid opens with a soft spring, feels very nice and easy to fill.
2 small gripes - there is a light to show it is working, but only on one side. We are both left handed so have the kettle facing the other way, so no light....not sure why you would design a kettle with measuring level on both sides but light only on one side.
Other point is that the kettle is a little wobbly on its base when it is empty. Filling it stabilises it, but would make sure it is kept well away from children's reach.
Would recommend this item.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Quick Gift
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card Quick Gift
Price: £1,000.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Be very careful with amazon gift vouchers, 29 Oct. 2011
I sent a voucher to a family member for his birthday - he never received the email and would never have known that he was supposed to if someone else hadn't mentioned it. Amazon would have taken my money, he would have thought we had forgotten his birthday and we would never have known. Also, vouchers do not attach to an account, the recipient has to remember to enter the code, and they expire after a year (but the purchase is still charged). Next time I will send money!

Page: 1 | 2