Profile for F. Vowles > Reviews

Content by F. Vowles

F. Vowles "tinks848" (essex)

Page: 1 | 2
The Best Damn Thing
The Best Damn Thing

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not Avril, 26 Jun. 2007
This review is from: The Best Damn Thing (Audio CD)
I personally hated this album. I have been a fan of Avril since she debuted in England and have enjoyed the pop/rock music she created. This album is pure pop and although the songs are catchy they're not her best work, she was better as a hybrid singer.

When Your Heart Stops Beating
When Your Heart Stops Beating
Offered by Global_Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars More blinkish, 22 April 2007
Fans of Blink 182 may have purchased the Angels and Airwaves album which came out before +44 and been disappointed that the main thing that sounds like blink is Tom's voice, which isn't a bad thing because Tom has decided to do something different. But for those of you who were this is the album for you, it sounds very similar to blink 182 the only thing that is missing is of course Tom. Both bands are good but very different, if you want blink 182 pick this one or just do a me and buy both lol.

Wise Children
Wise Children
by Angela Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars And the show began..., 2 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Wise Children (Paperback)
I had to read this book for my A level english lit course. The first time i read it I hated it and couldn't wit until I saw the back of it. But as I had to study it I had to read it a few times first. The second time I read it I fell in love with it and I still read it now and see new things in it I hadn't picked up on before. Wise Children is now like a security blanket for me but I don't think many others from my class would've agreed with me and still think it's dull. So basically I'd say it's not for everyone but give the book a chance and it really does get better the second time around because you pick up on so much more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2013 7:53 AM BST

Carmen Electra: Workout Box Set [DVD]
Carmen Electra: Workout Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Carmen Electra

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! A sexy way to lose weight, 15 Dec. 2006
When I first heard about Carmen electra's aerobic striptease I was disgusted by the fact women would want to learn to strip. Then at an ann summer's party I saw a stripper's pole for sale and was quite intrigued by the host's comment that it was the best way to stay in shape.

Being an overweight girl I find it hard to lose weight in the areas I want to lose it and eventually give up on exercise videos before seeing any good results. But this I have stuck with because it's something I can do to lose weight that my boyfriend will really enjoy.

Dolores Claiborne
Dolores Claiborne
by Stephen King

4.0 out of 5 stars Definate good read, 6 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Dolores Claiborne (Paperback)
I'm not sure what it is about this book but I liked it, it has lots of little twists in it. I love the whole revenge on the husband factor of it and how affectionate she could be, like when Vera had hallucinations Dolores was caring even though she often hated her. The only thing I didn't like was when Dolores would say something happened but she'd come back to that later, it took away the element of surprise.

Carrie
Carrie
by Stephen King

4.0 out of 5 stars One of Mr King's great masterpieces, 6 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Carrie (Paperback)
When I bought this book I thought it would scare the wits outta me much like the shining did, but it didn't at least not to the same extent. I actually felt sorry for Carrie and in the end I wanted her to get revenge maybe in a more subtle way though. This truly is another of King's masterpieces taping in to your emotions to make you feel bad for her. Such a great book, couldn't put it down.

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory (2 Disc Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory (2 Disc Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original, 29 Sept. 2006
I personally thought this was soo much better than the Gene wilder version as it portrays willy wonka in a much more twisted way and adds a background as to why he is such an odd character. Johnny Depp's chameleon ability is put to the test and comes out superbly. But Marilyn Manson (the man Tim Burton originally wanted to cast) still would've made the role darker and more eccentric, guess we'll never know.

Silent Hill [DVD]
Silent Hill [DVD]
Dvd ~ Radha Mitchell
Offered by rsdvd

3.0 out of 5 stars No comparison to the game, 11 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Silent Hill [DVD] (DVD)
If I were to rate this with disregard to the fact it's an adaptation of the games then I would say it's good, especially for those who enjoyed the ring. However, if I regarded the above fact then I would have to say it's a very bad adaptation. When playing the games I was on the edge of my seat jumping at every noise, with this film I hoped I'd find the same but I didn't even have to hold my boyfriend's hand. And for those who have played the game who else thought that pyramid head's role in the film was so unworthy of his character in the game?

Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2)
Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2)
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars This is not Silent Hill, 23 July 2006
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
My boyfriend and I just recently finished playing this, would've done it sooner but the constant going back and forth to the room got irritating. Both of us were dissappointed in what we found. Sure the game does get interesting but it's not anything like a silent hill game for one thing you don't even go to silent hill. Do not play this if all you are looking for is a silent hill game, however the story line is good.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars what can be said about world of warcraft?, 18 April 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
basically using the abbreviation of wow sums up the game pretty well, I usually hate these things but it take smy breath away and I have been waiting for this expension for ages. play this game and I do not grumble I would pay a lot more rather than sacrificing it. I've been playing since september and it keeps surprising me especially when I went into duskwood. The game is great and extremely time-consuming when you get into it. I basically couldn't live without it.

Page: 1 | 2