ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)

edpsych42 (Leicester. England)

Easy-Load Wooden Compost Bin - Large - 718 Litres
Easy-Load Wooden Compost Bin - Large - 718 Litres

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on product, 28 Jan 2012
A lot of the less positive reviews seem to concern difficulty of construction. Please note, this is not a difficult product to assemble and doesn't require two people. The screws are self tapping, so don't need predrilled boards. the cutting is a little, shall we say 'rustic' and a couple of the joints needed persuading with a persuading stick, but keep some perspective - It's a rough cut pressure treated compost bin! Sort the bits out and make sure you get the side bits the right way up (use a spare board as a spacer so you don't need another person). I put it together in about 25 minutes. If I had a power screwdriver I reckon about 15 (remembering Foley's first law - there's no such thing as a 10 minute job). If you have trouble with this lovely bit of kit then you're in for a hard time come the zombie apocalypse. I will concede that had the screws been missing it would have been harder.

Yael Naim and David Donatien
Yael Naim and David Donatien
Price: 9.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes I did buy it because of the Apple advert!, 6 April 2008
When I put the disc into my Mac to load it onto iTunes I was surprised to see it listed as 'alternative'. I guess I was expecting 'folk'. But having now heard it it's quite clear why. It's very difficult to categorize. Yael brings together so many different influences and styles that remind you constantly of so many other things you've heard over the years - but they are greater than the sum of their parts. A really pleasant surprise that is revealing more depth on each listening - especially interesting as so much of it as not in English.

The Sword of No-sword: Life of the Master Warrior Tesshu: 7
The Sword of No-sword: Life of the Master Warrior Tesshu: 7
by John Stevens
Price: 17.56

5.0 out of 5 stars a recommended text for any exploring beyond technique., 18 Aug 2001
No matter what impression you form of Tesshu through reading this book, it is impossible to deny that he was a remarkable man. A master swordsman, artist, poet, teacher and philosopher. He had a profound influence on the lives of many and we can all learn a lesson or two from what he had to say. He was clearly fallible like all humans, but his skill, dedication and humanity make for a compelling text.
Once again John Stevens has produced an excellent book, combining extensive research and just the right mix of text and graphics to bring Tesshu to life. I don't think anyone is going to learn any specific techniques from the book but it will certainly influence your approach to martial training, if you are open to the lessons contained. I come from an aikido background rather than kendo and it had a lot to offer me.
I would recommend this book to anyone broadening their reading of the history and practice of the martial arts, or calligraphy, zen, modern Japanese history, or just incredibly interesting biographical accounts.