Profile for Mrs Pamela C Blythe > Reviews

Content by Mrs Pamela C B...

Mrs Pamela C Blythe

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Simplicity U5 16-18-20-22-24 Sewing Pattern 2365 Misses Tunic Top
Simplicity U5 16-18-20-22-24 Sewing Pattern 2365 Misses Tunic Top

5.0 out of 5 stars I am used to using Simplicity patterns so there were ..., 3 Sept. 2014
I am used to using Simplicity patterns so there were no problems in following the instructions. Although not a size 16 I chose a size up as I wanted a loose fit. Apart from being too long (or me being too short!) it turned out very well.

Shan® Rainbow Colour Sewing Thread Sets with Gift box- 400 yard reels x 33 (All purpose polyester domestic sewing machine thread, Specially lubricated to deliver excellent sewing performance, Certified to Öko-Tex Standard 100)
Offered by c9store

5.0 out of 5 stars I hesitated to order at first because other reviewers were not happy about the range of colours and some found the ..., 3 Sept. 2014
I do a lot of patchwork and always seem to be running out of thread so this set of threads seemed just the job. I hesitated to order at first because other reviewers were not happy about the range of colours and some found the thread kept breaking. As soon as the box arrived I tested it out on my machine and had no problem at all, even doing embroidery stitches.
The choice of colours interesting, lots of blues which Is what I like and also useful dark ones. It didn't matter that black and white were not included as I always have large reels of them anyway. The thread has a nice feel when used for hand stitching. The thread is thinner than brand names but in spite of that I think this is excellent value for money.

Disney Princess Sparkle Single Rotary Duvet Set, Multi-Colour
Disney Princess Sparkle Single Rotary Duvet Set, Multi-Colour
Offered by Price-Right-Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Wash before use., 17 July 2014
Bought for a granddaughter who is visiting soon. The smell of ink was a bit strong but after a wash it seems fine. Definitely wouldn't use it before washing.

Quilting with a Difference (Craftworld series)
Quilting with a Difference (Craftworld series)
by Nikki Tinkler

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting concept, 17 July 2014
This is an interesting book about quilting with embroidery stitches. Experienced quilters will probably fell there is nothing new here but for those who haven't tried using embroidery stitched the book is really useful as the author has made lots of experiments and anyone using the ideas will know they work!

The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
by Edmund de Waal

5.0 out of 5 stars This a family history story with a difference. The ..., 17 July 2014
This a family history story with a difference. The author follows the journey his inherited artefacts made. Parts of the story were extremely moving, particularly the situation for Jews in Austria in 1930s/40s.

Catherine Lansfield Kids Dino Single Quiltset - Multi
Catherine Lansfield Kids Dino Single Quiltset - Multi

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful reverse design, 17 July 2014
Bought for a grandson's visit. The reverse has a more "grown up" stripe design so should be suitable when he is older.

The Thread
The Thread

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Thread (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I have read by this author and will not be the last. It is very well written and by means of telling a story about a particular family and their friends one learns much about the history of Thessalonika during the 20th century.

The Glebe Field - a novel set in Cornwall
The Glebe Field - a novel set in Cornwall

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 6 Dec. 2013
I chose to read this because I love Cornwall and am interested in environmental issues but I found this book irritating! The storyline was spoilt by far too many lengthy discussions between the characters about political views and the sex scenes were unnecessarily explicit and for me didn't enhance the story. The essence of Cornwall was well captured and it was easy to picture the area and get a sense of the character of the place. I am not sure if I want to read more by this author but will probably give it a go as it is not fair to judge on just one book.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sticky!, 16 Oct. 2013
I used this on tube to prevent vine weevil adults. So far all of seems well. Being weak in the hands I found it hard woke to squeeze the stuff round the rim. It is very sticky so beware accidentally grabbing pots which have been treated, I found it took ages to get off the hands.

The Last Runaway
The Last Runaway

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Last Runaway (Kindle Edition)
This book appealed because it is about a quilter who emigrates to America. The quilting theme runs throughout the story of Honor who gets involved with the slave situation. I felt it wasn't as good as Girl with a Pearl Earring but still very enjoyable and an easy way to learn history!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3