Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Lucy Pearce > Reviews

Content by Lucy Pearce

Lucy Pearce (Ireland)

Olympus TG-320 Digital Compact Camera - Red (14MP, 3.6x Wide Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 26 Oct. 2013
A friend has one and loves it. It's tough, it doesn't have moving parts that can be jammed, it can be dropped.... But photos are alway blurry and over exposed. Friend says hers was same till she found how to fix it.... But she can't remember how she did it!

Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds and Actions
Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds and Actions
by Guy Kawasaki

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh!, 26 Oct. 2013
Dull. Dully written. Meh! Wanted to like it, really couldn't keep on reading it.... Very disappointing all round. Sorry, Guy!

You're a Bad Man, Mr. Gum!
You're a Bad Man, Mr. Gum!
by Andy Stanton

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly hilarious, 26 Oct. 2013
This book has gotten my eight year old son properly into reading for the first time and moved him on from TinTin to proper books. He read a lot of it to us and we were all in stitches. Comes highly recommended, we're going to buy some more in the series right now!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely machine, but one serious flaw, 21 Jun. 2011
This is my first reel mower and I've had it for about a year now. I use it for a small enough lawn - roughly 250 sq m - and it has been great up to now. It is clean, quiet, safe for the kids to get involved with and does a tidy job of cutting the grass. (It isn't great at collecting grass, but I'm not too bothered about that anyway and rarely use the supplied bin.)

BUT, one thing I have run into problems with is the plastic gears inside the wheels which turn the cylinder. There are 3 lobes inside the gear that engage the cylinder and these have worn down badly now - our lawn does have the occasional twig which locks up the cylinder and puts pressure on them but I'm making fairly generous excuses for it. I'm finding it hard to track down replacement parts which makes the problem even worse - if it was easy to get a new pair of gears it wouldn't be a big deal (they are really cheap for other makes which I can find replacement parts for).

I can't compare against other reel mowers, but I'm going to be harsh and give this a 3 out of 5 for that one deficiency. If I have more luck in the next week or two I will amend this review, but if I was buying a reel mower tomorrow I would go for a make that either has metal gears or easy accessible replacement parts.

Ar Vreudeur Morvan
Ar Vreudeur Morvan
Offered by all my music

5.0 out of 5 stars Masters of their Art, 3 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Ar Vreudeur Morvan (Audio CD)
I was fortunate enough to meet these men back in 1999 when I was living in Brittany. I was already by that stage a great fan of the fest noz and had seen lots of acts all over the province. Les Freres Morvan are masters in the truest sense of the word. Their style harks back to an old age of Breton music, and is reminiscent of the Irish sean nos. Guaranteed enjoyment for any music lover, or indeed anyone who will enjoy an art form performed at the highest level.