Profile for Andrew Johnston > Reviews

Content by Andrew Johnston

Andrew Johnston (Wigton, Cumbria)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Vegetarian Tagines & Cous Cous - 60 delicious recipes for Moroccan one-pot cooking
by Ghillie Basan

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a friend...she loves it., 27 Jan 2014
I bought this present for a friend, who has used it extensively in the last few weeks. Both she and her partner have been very impressed with the recipies (and with the Tagine that I bought her to go with it). She's a very good cook, but had to ring me after her first attempt to tell me how (surprisingly) gorgeous the meal was.

Sennheiser RS120 II RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone with UK/Ireland power supply
Sennheiser RS120 II RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone with UK/Ireland power supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb wireless headphones., 7 Nov 2013
This is the third set I have purchased. I broke one set (entirely my own fault) and have a set at each of the two houses I spend time in. The audio quality is fantastic, the range is superb - through walls, in my garden, a couple of hundred yards up the road. They retain their charge very well and it takes some effort to flatten the rechargeable batteries! They give you hours of continuous listening (between recharges).

Sony MDR-ZX100 Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-ZX100 Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Offered by Apple Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent audio quality, very well priced., 7 Nov 2013
I have had a number of sets of 'wired' headphones and these are easily the best. Great audio quality, very comfortable ear pieces and plenty of cord (length).

Targus Laptop Cooling Pad/Lap Chill Mat fits 15-17 inch Laptops - AWE55EU
Targus Laptop Cooling Pad/Lap Chill Mat fits 15-17 inch Laptops - AWE55EU

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a clever, excellent product., 7 Nov 2013
I perhaps should have hesitated to review this sort of item after I have only been using it for a couple of days...but so far I am very impressed. My (17") Aspire 7739 seems to sit on it quite happily and (relatively) securely. the angle of the mat makes for comfortable typing in bed. The best thing about it though is the two inbuilt fans which are powered by a USB connector into your laptop. The fans are pretty quite but very effective at keeping the laptop cool (a combination of the fans and the hollow space underneath the top surface of the mat. Based on the last couple of days I would heartily recommend it...I'm just hoping that the fans don't pack up now that I've typed this!

Laptop Charger for Acer Aspire 7551 7551G 7739Z 7740G 7741G 7551-7422 7551G-7606 7739Z-4439 7739Z-4469 7739Z-4605 7740G-6816 7741G-5877 Compatible Replacement Notebook Adapter Adaptor Power Supply - Laptop Power (TM) Branded (UK Powercord and 12 Month Warranty)
Offered by Cambridge Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, reliable charger., 7 Nov 2013
This charger works very well. I have been using it for months now, without any problems at all. I recommend it.

Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini UK Sim Free Smartphone - White
Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini UK Sim Free Smartphone - White
Offered by SoundHug

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this phone!, 7 Nov 2013
I am very impressed with this phone. The screen, colour contrast, ease of use and availability of a huge range of android apps is fantastic (some of which are brilliantly useful). I only wish the availability of good quality accessories (chargers, phone covers etc) was anything like as good. Why is the accessories market filled with so much crap? Samsung's own online store is breathtakingly pathetic.. try ordering a mains or car charger or using their website to find an alternative retailer.

SquareTrade 3-Year Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£150-175 Items)
SquareTrade 3-Year Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£150-175 Items)
Offered by SquareTrade

3.0 out of 5 stars Pity they don't have a policy which could include loss and theft., 7 Nov 2013
The feedback suggests that this is a very good plan should I damage my far or should there be any hardware/software problems. Its a pity that I have had to go elsewhere to get insurance to cover me for loss and theft. I would have happily to paid more for a 'fully comprehensive' plan.

FoneM8® - Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Screen Protector (PACK OF 5) Retail Packed - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by FoneM8store

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, easy to apply screen protectors - rubbish packaging, 7 Nov 2013
I like the way these screen protectors have front and back tabs which you can peel off to reveal a pristine cover. The cardboard 'container' for your remaining screen protectors is, however, rubbish.

Premium Stylish Protective 100% REAL GENUINE COW LEATHER FLIP CASE POUCH COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MINI i8190 + Includes STYLUS PEN + SCREEN PROTECTOR (White)
Offered by Shelfone™

3.0 out of 5 stars Great seller but product could be a lot better, 7 Nov 2013
This, so far, is the best cover that I have been able to find for my Samsung S3 mini. However, it is still far from being what I had hoped for. The back part of the cover (into which the phone fits snuggly seems to offer pretty good protection. But the magnetically held from cover will not provide the robust level of phone protection I was looking for, should I drop it. having said that the other options on the marked seem bloody useless!

The seller was very good. The cover arrived very promptly and in good condition and well packaged - thank you.

100% Genuine Original Samsung ACADU10CBE Micro Car Charger Adaptor For Samsung Galaxy S3 MINI
Offered by Bazian2007 LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good in car charger, 7 Nov 2013
Unlike the many facsimiles flooding the market, this seems like the genuine article. It also seems to work perfectly well and, more importantly, safely. The chord could be longer as this would allow my phone to charge whilst being used as a Sat Nav.

I am staggered by how useless Samsung's own website is and how they don't even stock the most basic accessories for my phone (Galaxy S3 mini). Nor do they have info on any outlets (physical entities or on line) that provide them either. And when I say basic accessories, I mean things like mains chargers!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3