Profile for Linux_User > Reviews

Content by Linux_User

Linux_User

Page: 1 | 2
CSL - 300 Mbit/s WiFi Adapter with antenna connector and removable antenna / Wireless LAN / USB 2.0 Adaptor / Mini Dongle 802.11n/b/g / SMA connection 150 54 / works with Windows 7 + Windows 8 + Windows 8.1 / Raspberry Pi / MacOS | particularly high coverage
Offered by CSL-Computer

4.0 out of 5 stars CSL USB WiFi adaptor with removable aerial, 15 Jan. 2014
Very good! I am writing this using the adapter attached to a Raspberry Pi running Linux Debian Wheezy. No additional software was required. The adapter is plugged into a powered USB hub which is about 18" away from the Raspberry. Probably not recommended if I add extra devices to the hub but it keeps the current running through the board down. (The dongle does run warm.)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2014 10:24 AM BST

For Raspberry Pi - 16GB SD card Pre Loaded with NOOBS - Includes Raspbian Wheezy / RaspBMC (XBMC Media Centre) / OpenELEC / PiDora / ArchLinux / RiscOS
Offered by SB Components Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars 16GB SD Card pre-loaded with Raspberry pi Software, 15 Jan. 2014
Very impressed! I am writing this on my Raspberry Pi using the card. and a USB wifi dongle in a 6 port powered USB hub.
Thought I might have to buy a new Raspberry with the extra memory but this is quite acceptable.
The installation procedure is very easy and one-one should have any problems in being up and running in minutes. I started with an ethernet connection during installation and then, when all was well, used the WiFi Config icon to pull up wpa_gui to configure WiFi.
Well worth the money just for the card and I don't have to download an image to install.
Highly recommended.

Generic Hard Disk Drive 160GB IDE 3.5" (PC ONLY) - 1 Year Warranty
Generic Hard Disk Drive 160GB IDE 3.5" (PC ONLY) - 1 Year Warranty
Offered by Digital Components Ltd (dclstore)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 5 Jan. 2013
I recieved a Western Digital drive under this heading. It was bought to revitalise a nine year old tower. Running the latest Linux release, it's ideal for email and web browsing. It also works well as a media server for a couple of TV,s. Disc monitoring software shows no problems after many months.

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I ever bought my partner, 4 Jan. 2013
They are inseparable. As you get older, you tend to mislay things. It's never happened with the Kindle. I believe she currently has 102 books floating in a cloud somewhere.

TP-LINK TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-LINK TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit and Forget, 4 Jan. 2013
I had run out of ports on my existing switch so rather than buy a larger switch I would get this cheap switch. So I now have this TP-Link switch feeding another switch which feeds my TP Link router. No problems at all! I am becoming quite a fan of TP-Link products.

Brand New Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note
Offered by gamingcrazyuk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Jan. 2013
These items were bought for use with a tablet. They both operate well. Very pleased with my purchase and would recomend them.

Poetic Keybook for the Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus
Poetic Keybook for the Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 4 Jan. 2013
I gave this to my daughter for her Nexus the last time she visited. She popped her Nexus into it and was away using the keyboard. Turned out to be a very quiet visit. Not only does it offer a keyboard but good protection for the Nexus. Every Nexus should have one.

pjp electronics® 3M (10 feet) High speed Gold Plated 3m HDMI Mini to HDMI Male Cable- 3 meter - Black
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good value, 4 Jan. 2013
I can now display the outputs of my camera and tablet on TV. Does everything it should and very good value. Maybe the cable could be a little more flexible but - for the price - I'm not complaining.

TP-LINK TL-ANT2405C 2.4GHz 5dbi Indoor Omni-Directional Antenna
TP-LINK TL-ANT2405C 2.4GHz 5dbi Indoor Omni-Directional Antenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Jan. 2013
This was bought to improve the signal to a cheap tablet. The router is in a conservatory and the signal has to get through brick and flint walls to reach the tablet. The signal has made the tablet useable. The next time I put in an order with Amazon, I shall be buying another one for the other aerial socket on the router. As the aerial has a magnetic base, maybe a sheet of metal under it will give me a ground plane and even more signal. I am off to try it.

WD Red 1TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
WD Red 1TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

4.0 out of 5 stars Silent, 4 Jan. 2013
This was bought to fit a Netgear NAS - one of the many drives recommended by them to ensure the terms of their guarantee are kept. The drive has been running for a couple of weeks now (continuously). It's inaudible to me and and there's no sign of any vibration so, mechanically, it should last a long time. Why not five stars? Ask me again in five years time.

Page: 1 | 2