Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

5.0 out of 5 stars He is delighted with it, 8 Aug 2014
Already have a kindle and this was a second one for my husband so knew what to expect. He is delighted with it. You can read on a kindle out of doors in bright light, not so good on a tablet.

200 Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
200 Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook

3.0 out of 5 stars 200 slow cooker recipes, 4 April 2014
I bought this on kindle to have a preview and am so pleased I did not buy a hard copy at full price. I was looking for a book for my brother, who is 80+ and a new Slow cooker owner. I ended up buying one from a well-known supermarket for about £3. I had a look before I handed it over and was quite impressed. He is browsing through it and trying different things. Job done!

The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels Book 2)
The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Immortal Circus pts 1 & 2, 5 Mar 2014
I bought this because a reviewer likened it to the Night Circus. I found it easier to follow the story and keep track of the characters. I was quite a while before I knew where the story was headed, but was sufficiently gripped to keep going and as I had bought both together I finished pt one and started part two straight away. I really enjoyed it and if you can tolerate the idea of magic, hoppefully you will too.

The Confusion of Karen Carpenter
The Confusion of Karen Carpenter

5.0 out of 5 stars Confusion of Karen Carpenter, 27 Feb 2014
I thought it was going to be a chick-lit, but it turned into a mystery with strange twists especially towards the end. Really enjoyed it

Pedigree DentaStix Dog Chews Large Dog (Pack of 4, Total 112 Sticks)
Pedigree DentaStix Dog Chews Large Dog (Pack of 4, Total 112 Sticks)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dentastix for large dogs, 27 Feb 2014
Buying in bulk like this is well worth while. Often you go to the nearby supermarket and they only have 7day packets, a dear way of buying and if you are a day or two later shopping next week you've run out. Try telling that to a reproachful family pet.

The Seven Crystals - Wizard
The Seven Crystals - Wizard

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairy story with a moral for adults, 23 Feb 2014
Another book I couldn't put down. I concerns the struggle of evil against good. Fortunately a lot of the children are lucky enough to fall into the hands of the good.

The Dove Flyer
The Dove Flyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Dove Flyer (Kindle Edition)
I did read it all, but I wanted to strangle the father of the household. No sense of reality at all.

Flee (Codename: Chandler Book 1)
Flee (Codename: Chandler Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read from start to finish., 23 Feb 2014
As fast as I finished one I was straight into the next. It really shows how corrupt certain part of governments can be. I would love to get my teeth into a follow-on.

Neptune's Tears (Timedance)
Neptune's Tears (Timedance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Neptunes tears, 14 Feb 2014
A gentle sci-fi that kept me interested all the way through. Just enough mystery/thriller to lift it above a typical "romance". I have read the trailer to the next one and am hoping to catch that in the future.

Android Tablets for Seniors In Easy Steps
Android Tablets for Seniors In Easy Steps
by Nick Vandome

5.0 out of 5 stars Android tablets for seniors., 14 Feb 2014
Found this very helpful. Although I set off with an Amstrad many years ago and have moved up to desk top and now laptop I was way behind on the new generation of players tablets phones etc and although I have a Hudl this general book is helping a lot and I keep dipping into it as I find out how to drive it. Easy to understand and does not assume a degree in technology.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3