Profile for Ms. Elizabeth Herrington > Reviews

Content by Ms. Elizabeth ...

Ms. Elizabeth Herrington (Cambridge, England)

Replacement Remote Control for Humax PVR9300T (batteries included)
Replacement Remote Control for Humax PVR9300T (batteries included)
Offered by Remote Controls Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars s, 23 Sept. 2014
Amazing. Like other reviewers, I had found my Humax remote less responsive so that I was warring out my thumbs trying to change channels. Sometimes it wouldn't work at all, and though I tried replacing the batteries it seemed the only ones that would work were the onescit it came with. When I found this replacement remote on Amazon I was highly sceptical but it was so well reviewed I thought I'd give it a go. It arrived today (2 days earlier than predicted) and it works a treat! It is much better than the original remote so although that still works ( sort of) I am using this new one instead. If you are dithering go ahead and get one!

EasyAcc UltraSlim Google Nexus 7 Case Smart Cover with Multiple Stand / Auto Sleep Wake-up for Nexus 7 Tablet ASUS 8GB/16GB (PU Leather, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a great device even better, 30 Nov. 2013
I can't tell you how much better this case is than the old one I had. It's neat and slim and fits the Nexus perfectly. It makes it much easier to slip the tablet into a small handbag and carry it around. I love the automatic wake up and sleep feature. A couple of times it has been in my bag next to my purse and got a dent in it from the fastener but after a few days the material seems to relax and the dent almost disappears. The case I had before was something I kept my tablet in, this one feels like part of the tablet. A great buy.

AVAX 50DL - Finger Pulse Oximeter - %SpO2 (Blood Oxygen Saturation) & Heart Rate Monitor with Instructions, Lanyard & Carry Case (in RETAIL PACKAGING) - YELLOW

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and good value for money, 4 Mar. 2012
I am a practice nurse and work between two surgeries. I can never find want I want in a hurry so I have taken to carrying my equipment around with me. I was really surprised to find this item so reasonably priced. It is easy to use and the bright colour makes it difficult to lose and easy to recognise. It takes AAA batteries and these are not included.

A few weeks ago we had an emergency at work and we couldn't locate a pulse oximeter. Next time such a thing happens I will have one to hand!

Word Search
Word Search

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game for someone who likes wordsearch puzzles, 15 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Word Search (Toy)
I bought this as a birthday present for my 11 year old niece - she had entered a competition to win one and didn't, so was disappointed. The game basically consists of who is the first to see the words, as in a wordsearch book - there are 20 different inserts with different themes and you clip a different one in every time. Each player has a set of coloured discs and you cover the word with these when you spot it first and the the winner is the one with the most discs on the board at the end. So it's quite simple but if you love wordsearch puzzles, which my niece does, you'll enjoy it - you could play it alone as well, I suppose. She's very pleased with it and can beat me hands down!

Littlest Pet Shop Rescue Tails Centre
Littlest Pet Shop Rescue Tails Centre

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleased my little Niece, 15 Mar. 2011
This is a sort of hospital for the Littlest Pet Shop animals. It only has one of the actual animals, all the others are just cardboard pictures in the box. It seemed to me like an awful lot of packaging and quite a lot of money for a few bits of plastic, but my five year old niece, whose birthday present it was, didn't see it like that at all. She has a lot of the Pet Shop animals already so they were able to use the hospital. She thought it was wonderful and I think she's played with it every day since. So I guess the message is - if you're five and you're into these toys already, you'll love it.

Humax PVR9300T/320GB Digital TV Recorder
Humax PVR9300T/320GB Digital TV Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy introduction to 21st century viewing, 28 Jan. 2011
I bought this product because I had to finally update my home entertainment before the switchover - I still had a video recorder! I looked at all kinds of products on the internet and read all the reviews I could before I made my choice and I can honestly say that I think this represents best value for money.

It is extremely easy to set up and operate, it tells you everything you need to do on the screen. I would recommend going by the on-screen instructions rather than the instruction manual which is the only downside of the product - it is not very clear and the pictures are very small and in black and white and where there are pictures of what should be on the screen you can't read what's written on them.

It is also (so far) very easy and a joy to use. I read all about people's bad experiences so was a bit worried but have had no problems to date. There is an electronic programme guide on which you just highlight the programme you want and press "OK". It gives you the option of recording the whole series and you can record two things at a time. While the EPG is on the screen you can see the programme you're watching on a little box in the corner but it is not distracting. The menu for the recorded programmes and the schedule for the ones you are going to record is very clear indeed and navigation is a doddle.

While recording two programmes you can watch a third, and you can pause a live programme when you've started it which is brilliant. You can fast-forward very very fast through the adverts (there may be a way of recording without them but I haven't worked this out yet)

I would recommend anyone to buy this and not be worried about setting it up (I am hoping it will be just as easy to retune when the Anglia region switches over next month!) Only downside is the poorly written instruction manual but you can soon dispense with that.

Pyrex 25cm Multi Purpose Reheat Plate 205B000
Pyrex 25cm Multi Purpose Reheat Plate 205B000

5.0 out of 5 stars Old favourite still going strong, 28 Oct. 2010
I ordered these plates for my Mum. She's always liked these and had a set in the kitchen cupboard for as long as I can remember. They're useful because you can put them in the oven to reheat things on and she likes the size (not too big) The ones she'd had for years were getting discoloured and she was lamenting the fact that you never seem to see them in the shops so I suggested I look on the internet.

The Big Book of Classical Music
The Big Book of Classical Music
by Hal Leonard (Edt)

4.0 out of 5 stars New and old favourites, 26 Sept. 2010
I was looking for a selection of classical music to play as I want to keep trying something new and I need something to stretch me a bit. I learnt the piano as a child but then didn't play at all from the time I was 15 until last year when I bought a piano. I'm in my fifties now so that was a very long time to go rusty - but I'm really enjoying playing now as I never did as a child!

I think I got to about Grade 3 before I stopped learning, so I find that some of the pieces in this book are too difficult for me, but I aspire to be able to play them one day. Others are much easier so there is a very good range. I find that some of the arrangements of pieces not originally written for piano require you to play more notes with one hand at the same time than I'm really capable of doing.

There is something here by every composer I've ever heard of and a few I haven't, ranging in time roughly from Bach to Sullivan. The book is nicely produced and stays open properly on the music rack without either splitting along the spine or shutting itself up when you don't want it to. I would recommend it to an enthusiastic amatuer pianist like me who wants to learn to play a variety of music.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2013 9:47 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars "Lucy" sandal by Rieker, 27 May 2010
I don't know how many pairs of these sandals I have had. I wear them all summer and when they wear out I just get another pair! They are fantastically comfortable and you can adjust the Velcro straps to suit your feet. I have walked miles in them round various cities in Europe! I cannot recommend them highly enough and I just hope Rieker never stop making them.

Telephone Consultations in Primary Care: A Practical Guide
Telephone Consultations in Primary Care: A Practical Guide
by Tony Males

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful book for Primary Care, 16 July 2007
This book explores the use of the telephone in general practice consultations and would be useful for practice nurses and receptionists as well as GPs. The author discusses the dynamics of telephone consultations and how they differ from face-to face encounters. Transcripts of real and imaginary consultations help to show how health professionals deal with making triage decisions and picking up clues about a person they cannot see.

Exercises are provided throughout the book to help clinicians work through an approach to this kind of consulting. Particularly useful are the summaries of a number of conditions commonly dealt with by telephone triage, detailing the questions to ask and the "red flags" to eliminate.

I would recommend the book to anyone involved in this kind of work in GP surgeries or out-of-hours centres. We all use the telephone all the time in dealing with patients but we need to think about what we do and not just assume that we can do it right."