Profile for Jose > Reviews

Content by Jose

Jose (Calgary)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)
Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a good-enough read but tiring at times., 7 April 2015
It's quite tiring at times and it doesn't flow as smoothly as it could. The end felt quite abrupt and plot twist lacked energy.

The End of the World Running Club
The End of the World Running Club

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly told through effortless writing!, 28 Mar. 2015
It was such a gripping read. It's got action, humour, love, laughs and running (duh!). All neatly packed up in a memorable wrap of enjoyable writing.
The theme of fatherhood is ever-constant and what made want to read this book in the first place.
I was not disappointed.

MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 Premium Wood Earphones with Built-in Microphone
MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 Premium Wood Earphones with Built-in Microphone
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 24 Mar. 2015
Brilliant set of earphones. Sound quality is amazing and the microphone works perfectly. Would definitely recommend buying these!

Hahnel Giga T Pro II Wireless Remote Control for Sony DSLR with Timer and Time Lapse
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient, versatile and easy to use, 24 Sept. 2014
A great addition to my photographic gear. It works as intended, it's versatile and provides many possibilities. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this product to anyone.

Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment
Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment
Offered by EXTREME DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little piece of phot0-gear!, 10 April 2014
This macro attachment fits most lenses and it makes life a lot simpler (and cheaper). Instead of having to buy a macro lens, I've just stuck with this filter and I've had pretty good results. I don't think it can substitute a macro lens but it certainly comes really close to the real deal if you use it with a telephoto lens. I mostly use it with my Sony 70-300mm G lens and the Sony 35mm f/1.8 DT lens and it delivers really good photos.

I definitely recommend it to anyone interested in macro photography. It's quite tricky to get good focus but that's just because of the limited depth of field in macro photography. Be patient, use a tripod when possible and have fun with it!

Joby GripTight Mount for Smartphones
Joby GripTight Mount for Smartphones
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty much perfect!, 24 Feb. 2014
This little and very portable mount is an excellent addition to photographic gear. It's very well built, provides a tight and secure fit for your phone and it comes in very handy in lots of situations.

It's very good value for money. A no-brainer!

Swissgear GA-7335-07 Granite 15.6 Inch Backpack
Swissgear GA-7335-07 Granite 15.6 Inch Backpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great spacious multi-purpose packpack!, 24 Feb. 2014
The quality and design of this back-pack is great. That's why I've given it 5 stars. It thoroughly meets the requirements for lugging around not only your Laptop, but plenty other things as well.

I love its padded shoulder straps. They're very well built and provide excellent support on your shoulders. The bag is quite spacious and has several internal pockets where you can put other things (eg. portable hard-drive, mouse, mobile phone, etc...).

I also use it as a bag for carrying the stuff I need when I go swimming or to the gym in the mornings. I haven't found any bad points in this backpack so far. It's easy to recommend this great product.

Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Secure Digital SDHC Memory Card
Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Secure Digital SDHC Memory Card
Offered by Limestone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and quality, 18 Nov. 2013
It is definitely worth the upgrade to this memory card. Write speed is so much faster, it works perfect. I've used it quite a bit recently shooting events and doing some burst shots and it's amazing that I can keep on shooting without lag.

Only downside is that it doesn't come with its own plastic case, but that's just a minor issue.

Lowepro Event Messenger 150 Camera Bag for CSC and DSLR - Mica
Lowepro Event Messenger 150 Camera Bag for CSC and DSLR - Mica

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bag to carry basic gear around, 18 Nov. 2013
I give it 5 stars based simply on its functionality, style and durability. It's an amazing piece of luggage, big enough to carry one medium sized DLSR (in my case Sony A57) with a 70-300mm G lens attached (without lens hood) plus a Sony DT35mm f/1.8 lens and a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens easily. I can even throw in an external flash unit and that would make it full but without forcing it to close.

It has even resisted moderate rain with no problem, my kit was always well protected by the bag. I would recommend it to anyone with similar kit to mine. I'm very happy with it and it looks so cool too. Of course there's also space for a couple extra lens filters, memory cards and your tablet (I don't own one).

I can't think of any major cons for this bag.

Savvies SC50 Screen Protector for Sony Alpha 57 (SLT-A57)
Savvies SC50 Screen Protector for Sony Alpha 57 (SLT-A57)
Offered by protectionfilms24 (screen protectors)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but efficient protection, 9 Sept. 2013
This is just a thin, plastic cover that attaches easily and provides basic but efficient protection. If you're like me (careful with your stuff) then this protector is all you need.

Overall, I'm happy with this product because it suits my needs perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3